Mean Green Vs. Mtsu

chrisfisher

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another meltdown...guess we should get used to this.

Johny is his first name....

Im gonna be sick...another fucking pathetic effort.

Jones is his last.....

Coach JJ is a great guy, and a good recruiter.

But on gameday, he is what he is.....a .500 coach. He's been coaching for 8 years now, and is I think now 2-3 game over .500.

Get used to it.

and .500 is his game.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Can this season be salvaged? I know it's about winning the sbc tourney but, at some point don't you want to win both regular season and the tourney... :blowup::blowup::blowup: This is so dissapointing. I thought with the 8 days off the team would have time to re group. I guess I was wrong.

You would think JJ could have them prepared huh?

I listened to the last 2 minutes of this game as I was out and about Denton. I sat in the parking lot of target, hitting my head on the steering wheel. And as the 'HONK! HONK! HONK!' echoed through the air, I screamed in my head "WHY?! Is there some cosmic grudge against my beloved Green and White?"

'HONK! HONK! HONK!'

Cosmic..!!! . Maybe you have hit on something... perhaps those UFOs with the little GREEN men around Stephenville are responsible somehow!

Overly critical? Just what I have seen in the time he has been here. It's okay though for those that like him, he still has 4 more years with us.

Yup...shoulda just stayed the course with Trilli.

I'm sick and tired of every single poor performance by this team being layed at the feet of Johnny Jones...especially whenever there is credit to be doled out he sniffs none of it from you. This is the first time I have seen a JJ team under-achieve. In his time here the level of talent has increased exponentially...big wins have increased exponentially...hell, wins period have increased exponentially. He has us the precipice of being a top mid-major.

With all of this, I understand expectations being raised...as they should be...and there are certainly parts of JJ's coaching philosophy of which I am extremely critical. But JJ didn't lose last night...and JJ didn't get out-coached last night. MTSU stepped up when it needed to...Kanaskie was dropping in shots from 30 feet...its ridiculous to ask anybody to go out and defend a shooter that far away from the bucket. Green is a hell of a player who really got things going last night. Give MTSU some due credit here...and throw some of the blame at the players...they pissed last nights game away.

This is still a work in progress. The OSU win may have been the worst thing to happen for all of you knee-jerks who are just short of calling for JJ's head and have no real clue what the hell you're talking about. Last season we OVER-achieved. Calvin Watson was a spare part for his first three season...and probably would've stayed that way had KD not gotten hurt. That team found incredible chemistry late in the season and got hot at the right time. There is no chemistry on this team...there is no continuity...and I'm really starting to question whether there is any heart.

Part of the blame certainly needs to go to JJ...but to absolve the players entirely is fucking stupid

I'm sick and tired of every single poor performance by this team being layed at the feet of Johnny Jones...especially whenever there is credit to be doled out he sniffs none of it from you. This is the first time I have seen a JJ team under-achieve. In his time here the level of talent has increased exponentially...big wins have increased exponentially...hell, wins period have increased exponentially. He has us the precipice of being a top mid-major.

With all of this, I understand expectations being raised...as they should be...and there are certainly parts of JJ's coaching philosophy of which I am extremely critical. But JJ didn't lose last night...and JJ didn't get out-coached last night. MTSU stepped up when it needed to...Kanaskie was dropping in shots from 30 feet...its ridiculous to ask anybody to go out and defend a shooter that far away from the bucket. Green is a hell of a player who really got things going last night. Give MTSU some due credit here...and throw some of the blame at the players...they pissed last nights game away.

This is still a work in progress. The OSU win may have been the worst thing to happen for all of you knee-jerks who are just short of calling for JJ's head and have no real clue what the hell you're talking about. Last season we OVER-achieved. Calvin Watson was a spare part for his first three season...and probably would've stayed that way had KD not gotten hurt. That team found incredible chemistry late in the season and got hot at the right time. There is no chemistry on this team...there is no continuity...and I'm really starting to question whether there is any heart.

Part of the blame certainly needs to go to JJ...but to absolve the players entirely is fucking stupid

well said sir.

Also, let's not forget - let's NOT forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.

No, we shouldn't have stayed with Trilli (though I will give him credit for doing a great job with getting the Super Pit to look the way it does now), and I will give you credit, I may be a little knee jerk when it comes to him as a coach, but if you take the stance that he got lucky last year, then this is now year number 5 and you are saying that this team has no or little heart and very little chemistry - yet save for a late season run through the tourney, last year's team had very little chemistry - so how many years do you give a coach to get chemistry? I am not saying that the players shouldn't be blamed, but my gosh, the end of the game yesturday was coaching.

No, we shouldn't have stayed with Trilli (though I will give him credit for doing a great job with getting the Super Pit to look the way it does now), and I will give you credit, I may be a little knee jerk when it comes to him as a coach, but if you take the stance that he got lucky last year, then this is now year number 5 and you are saying that this team has no or little heart and very little chemistry - yet save for a late season run through the tourney, last year's team had very little chemistry - so how many years do you give a coach to get chemistry? I am not saying that the players shouldn't be blamed, but my gosh, the end of the game yesturday was coaching.

I don't take the stance that this team got lucky last season. I take the stance that last season's team had some real leadership, players who stepped up when called upon, players who knew their role and a coach who pulled the right strings. The best example of JJ's pulling those right strings was benching Calvin for the Denver game. The key parts of last season's team had all been in the program for over 2 seasons, save Ben Bell (Keith practiced as a transfer in 05-06). Thats where chemistry comes in to play...this is season 1 for this team. Gone are your top 2 (fine...3 with Sturns) scoring options and of the players filling those voids Collin Dennis is the most veteran with this system. Who do you look to for a big bucket this season? And who does the dirty work this season? I still think the biggest loss from last season was Rich Young. We have no glue guy...and to over-stretch an analogy...thats why things aren't sticking together late in games.

As for yesterday...explain to me what JJ did and/or didn't do to lose that game. Maybe cover Kanaskie? Well when he's making shots from 30 feet its ridiculous to try and deny a shot from out there, b/c he's not just a spot up guy...he'll become a playmaker rather than a shooter and someone else will have just as open a look. Cover Green? We did. He's a good player who was really aggressive and was on...good players do that. Maybe you want to sit Bell b/c he struggled shooting again? Welp...wait...that means Josh is trying to break the press MTSU put on late...and we've seen how well he handles that. Anything?

I'm not a blind supporter of JJ. I hate his press break with Quincy or Harold as a primary passing option. I hate the way he's used his bench and how infrequently he impliments his own full court pressure...especially with the depth of guards this team has. But there are 2 and a half pages of this thread dedicated to bashing JJ...and thats nuts. Heart is something the players have to have. There can be only so many "finish" speeches from a coach before the players have to show they want to win. Right now there is no player leadership. Look at the four seniors: Quincy is quiet and reserved...Ben is vocal, but he's been struggling and its hard for a guy to instill confidence in his team when he has little in his game at the moment...Keith has the potential to be the leader, but he needs to be healthy and on the floor...and Dez has been here for 6 months.

Expectations are high...and the team has been disappointing. But expectations are high for a reason...and thats because of the success JJ has helped bring to this program

P.S. - sorry untgeorge for basically reposting the PM I sent you...must make for a borign read to look at this thing twice

Edited by Censored by Laurie