Thinking Of Maybe Blue Parking

UNTflyer

I loved that in the Green parking I can pull in from the I-35 access road, tailgate, and then walk to my seats in less than 2 minutes. And when the game is over, I'm out of there pretty quick.

But the Green lot is BORING! Nobody tailgates over there. The lot is pretty much empty until the last 30 minutes before kickoff when it fills up with alumni slipping in at the last minute.

Is the Blue lot any more interesting? How about satellite reception, are there any dead spots or problems pointing your dish? Are there adequate porta-potties? Do people mingle more?

I loved that in the Green parking I can pull in from the I-35 access road, tailgate, and then walk to my seats in less than 2 minutes. And when the game is over, I'm out of there pretty quick.

But the Green lot is BORING! Nobody tailgates over there. The lot is pretty much empty until the last 30 minutes before kickoff when it fills up with alumni slipping in at the last minute.

Is the Blue lot any more interesting? How about satellite reception, are there any dead spots or problems pointing your dish? Are there adequate porta-potties? Do people mingle more?

Six Words: The Blue Lot Has Our Tailgate

The biggest complaint I have about the Blue lot is the "event parking." Like Orange lots from years past, they now tell you where to park. If they'd just figure out which way to park everyone, this wouldn't really be much of a problem, but if you get to the stadium early (4 hours or so before the game), you have to park right in front of Beer Man. It's not really all that easy to have a conversation or hear your self think that close to Beer Man.

I think the green lot could be great if more people tailgated over there. The problem with that area is that it is too far away from the MG Village and JR MG Club area if you have kids. Plus, you miss out on the Mean Green walk, band, etc...

As was posted earlier, all the early tailgaters get stuck on the South side by the Beerman. And even then it is the same story as Green, most people wait till 1 hr before kickoff and pull right in for the game and actually get the cherry spots.

I tricked them once and told them that I was picking something up from the Ticket Office and parked right in front, but everytime after that the parking police came rushing over to tell me what a bad boy I was. All of the real tailgating goes on in Orange...its kind of depressing. They need to get it figured out soon because it is pretty crazy to expect the die hard tailgaters that are going to arrive 3 - 4 hrs before a game to shell out $250 so they can be put in the corner...like baby. When instead they simply could doll out $10 a game to get in where the action is.

After 4 hours of hearing the same songs, Beerman is an ender. Then have that happen for 5 games a year. I am surprised I pulled through this season...

I'll add my group to this mix as well. I used to love Beerman---when he was a couple hundred feet away and I could pass by as I pleased. Tailgating less than 10 feet from that setup is NOT good, though---esp. when you have kids. If the AD is listening, please address this situation next fall.

We have had problems with the parking lot police in the blue lot as well. I have made the suggestion to the powers that be several times to just have one row of parking spots reserved for those last minutes stragglers and let the rest of us park wherever we want.

The Blue lot is the place to be for tailgating. I think the Beerman needs to be moved to the green lot.

I think the Beerman needs to be moved to a psychiatric institution filled with schizophrenic's who react to unfinished songs, annoying guitar riffs, poor attempts at humor and mustaches by repeatedly pummeling the offender with full bottles of whatever free beer happens to be around and chanting "drink this bitch" in harmony.

FIXED

I think the Beerman needs to be moved to a psychiatric institution filled with schizophrenic's who react to unfinished songs, annoying guitar riffs, poor attempts at carrying a tune/singing a recognizable song that's actually recognizable, poor attempts at humor and mustaches by repeatedly pummeling the offender with full bottles of whatever free beer happens to be around and chanting "drink this bitch" in harmony.

FIXED

Now it's fixed. :)

Personally, I just think that little kids and free beer are a bad mix.