Junes Jones Will Interview @ Smu

I don't understand how SMU, TCU, or UNT being good and having good coaches affects the other schools' ability to be successful. We're all in different conferences. You can lose to the cross-town school and still manage to run through your conference. It was like when Florida State, Miami, and UF were in different conferences. Even if one of them knocked each other off (before realignment) you could still win your conference and have a good season. And I think they were competing for much more highly touted recruits than TCU SMU or UNT would be and they were still all dominant in their respective conferences.

Everyone was ecstatic when we hired a high school football coach, believing he is going to save our metroplex sleeping giant program. Yet some of you knock SMU for targeting a former NFL man who just got back from a BCS bowl game with a team that's not even on the mainland.

I'm with you on Dodge, and am aware that he has some college experience. I'm just baffled how you can claim this is a bad hire for SMU.

I don't understand how SMU, TCU, or UNT being good and having good coaches affects the other schools' ability to be successful. We're all in different conferences. You can lose to the cross-town school and still manage to run through your conference. It was like when Florida State, Miami, and UF were in different conferences. Even if one of them knocked each other off (before realignment) you could still win your conference and have a good season. And I think they were competing for much more highly touted recruits than TCU SMU or UNT would be and they were still all dominant in their respective conferences.

Whats going on now, seems like Jones maybe doing a little waffling, what do you think?

Is no one else shocked that SMU has offered $2M for their HC position??

They are really ponying up down there and showing they are serious about their program.

I would love to see SMU football make some noise again...Yes they are serious about their program and it wont be an overnight turnaround. It will take a few years but giving more competition to the other schools in TX especially TCU and UNT just makes it more fun and interesting in my opinion. I'm curious to see how UNT reacts to all of this within the next few years. SMU is serious about their program so will UNT follow and compete with the with the market or will they bitch about how many resources they dont have have and still continue to bad mouth SMU.

SMU posters have said there's a news conference tomorrow. Hopefully the podium isn't empty.

JJ is either grandstanding and is gonna take the job, or is having second thoughts after having met some of the alumni today.

SMU posters have said there's a news conference tomorrow. Hopefully the podium isn't empty.

JJ is either grandstanding and is gonna take the job, or is having second thoughts after having met some of the alumni today.

Can you imagine if he decides he to go back to Hawaii? There may be shootings at the hilltop.

Can you imagine if he decides he to go back to Hawaii? There may be shootings at the hilltop.

No kidding! I can't help but think their money will talk and JJ will take the job. I just wonder if the money really did come from Alumns? Would we be able to pull together that kind of cash??

No kidding! I can't help but think their money will talk and JJ will take the job. I just wonder if the money really did come from Alumns? Would we be able to pull together that kind of cash??

Orsini said that 20 boosters agreed to plege $100k/year for 5 years to fund the coaching hire. If this falls through, and Mike Shula is not immediately contacted, that might be the final nail in the coffin of me and SMU football. Fran or Coker are terrible hires and could've been made since Dec and saved the recruiting season.

I would love to see SMU football make some noise again...Yes they are serious about their program and it wont be an overnight turnaround. It will take a few years but giving more competition to the other schools in TX especially TCU and UNT just makes it more fun and interesting in my opinion. I'm curious to see how UNT reacts to all of this within the next few years. SMU is serious about their program so will UNT follow and compete with the with the market or will they bitch about how many resources they dont have have and still continue to bad mouth SMU.

Though it might make the games more interesting to watch, I certainly don't think it will make our recruiting fun to watch as SMU steals our recruits away. My vote is that UNT will continue to boast about "being for the 12th year in a row one of the top 100 college buys" as our athletic program slowly slips behind the rest of the Texas Universities.

Though it might make the games more interesting to watch, I certainly don't think it will make our recruiting fun to watch as SMU steals our recruits away. My vote is that UNT will continue to boast about "being for the 12th year in a row one of the top 100 college buys" as our athletic program slowly slips behind the rest of the Texas Universities.

I'm impressed.

You saved your Oliver Twist-esque views of NT until page 3. I was just at the athletic center yesterday...sure is gonna be a lot of work to pack up all that equipment and jerseys since we should clearly close up shop. :rolleyes: