Fire Mendoza...now!

JayDub

I guess Navy should fire their defensive coordinator too! I mean come on they almost lost to Notre Dame and now North Texas. Get rid of the bum.

Why don't you go check out the Navy site they are ripping the DC to shreds, but we are UNT fans, not Navy so who cares. Big difference is they are 6-4 compared to 1-8 and they will not be the laughing stock of D1 Football for the week.

Also we do not beat FIU, Arky State, or WKU with this DC coaching the game unless the offense puts up 50+

Wait that does not work either.

Edited by untbowler

Seriously, Mendoza is the worst DC I have ever watched coach the game of football. And what is so bad we have a couple of guys on defense that has a shot at the next level but he is even making it tough for them to get a legitmate look. Mendoza's coaching is not correctable...HE IS NOT A D1 COACH. I actually did not think things could get that much worse but Mendoza proved me wrong!

Notre Dame had 2 weeks too. I guess Charlie Weiss & his staff are really just a bunch of high coaches too. Let's fire the entire staff.

Let's all calm down, recognize our improvements and areas we need to fix. Can we give this coaching staff a couple classes before we call for their heads?

A couple of classes cannot teach the ability to coach on this level or how to motivate players

Notre Dame had 2 weeks too. I guess Charlie Weiss & his staff are really just a bunch of high coaches too. Let's fire the entire staff.

Let's all calm down, recognize our improvements and areas we need to fix. Can we give this coaching staff a couple classes before we call for their heads?

Again screw every other school this is a North Texas fan board.

The DC has had 9 classes and has failed in 8 of 9 that = a big fat F no matter how you look at it. Whatever improvement there was, was thrown out the window tonight.

Also what was the amount of points given up this year to Navy? 52, how many did our crack DC give tonight? 68!!!

I'm not calling for anyone to be fired today. However, this cannot be whitewashed. Delaware held Navy to 22 points less than we did. BAll State, held them to 43 points less.

Our defense has been embarrassing all year. Today was just the low point. This has to be addressed at some point.

Again screw every other school this is a North Texas fan board.

The DC has had 9 classes and has failed in 8 of 9 that = a big fat F no matter how you look at it. Whatever improvement there was, was thrown out the window tonight.

Also what was the amount of points given up this year to Navy? 52, how many did our crack DC give tonight? 68!!!

Have you consider for one second that maybe, just maybe Navy's WR & linemen had a little to do with our DBs not being effective. Oh wait, I forgot, winning and losing is all coaching. Please excuse all the players.

Thanks for pointing out this is a North Texas board. We could never let college football comparisons ever creep into our discussions...

Edited by scotty474

Have you consider for one second that maybe, just maybe Navy's WR & linemen had a little to do with our DBs not being effective. Oh wait, I forgot, winning and losing is all coaching. Please excuse all the players.

Thanks for pointing out this is a North Texas board. We could never let college football comparisons ever creep into our discussions...

lets see ND gave up 46 in 3 OT, Mendoza's defense gave up 45 in 2 Quarters, big difference.

I do blame the coaches for the defense, since they are ehll bent on using a system that worked in HS but has been proven ineffective at the college level. Why not play to defense strengths instead of trying to force a bad defensived scheme.

Tired of this small thinking mentality once again.

I was at the game tonight and the defense might as well have laid down and let the other team score. Im sorry but scoring 49 points

scored in a half and we lose is pretty bad. The really bad part of the game to me or best telling was with 24 seconds left in the first half we let a running team go 50 yards in 11 seconds for a touchdown. I mean they are a running team and they scored with time running out in the half. I want to give Mendoza the benefit of the doubt but he was quick to rub some UNT fans face in the fact his D fense played well in one game (See FFR episode). We let Oklahoma score 79 exceptable, 66 to Arkansas exceptable, but not exceptable is 45 to one win SMU, 48 to M Tenn, oh and dont forget he had 7 turnovers against Troy and his D fense still gave up 45. So brings the question how many stops has this defense had this year. Im betting not many. MENDOZA needs to go, he has proven he cant cut the mustard. We can have a great offense but with him a DC it wont matter. Were not playing basketball here. It was a great game tonight and great to see that many fans in the stands.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Edited by Vizza4QB

lets see ND gave up 46 in 3 OT, Mendoza's defense gave up 45 in 2 Quarters, big difference.

I do blame the coaches for the defense, since they are ehll bent on using a system that worked in HS but has been proven ineffective at the college level. Why not play to defense strengths instead of trying to force a bad defensived scheme.

Tired of this small thinking mentality once again.

So we fire Mendoza and replace him with who? You seem to know which defensive schemes work, so the solution should be easy. Hire a coach with a proven college scheme. Please shed some light on this coach in the college ranks.

So we fire Mendoza and replace him with who? You seem to know which defensive schemes work, so the solution should be easy. Hire a coach with a proven college scheme. Please shed some light on this coach in the college ranks.

Anyone..... Anyone can do a better job then Mendoza. It cant be that hard to find a DC that will only give up 30 a game. Hell 30 points a game would cut our points against this season in half.

Edited by Vizza4QB

I can't tell the nuances of a zone, cover two, press coverage, etc. I do believe others on this board can, but not as many that proclaim to know. What I do know is the results we see with this coach and these players are not acceptable. However, I do trust that the head coach will do what is necessary. If that is telling Mendoza to run a different scheme or firing him or telling him to resign, that is Dodge's call.

Don't misunderstand my comments of giving this staff a couple of recruiting classes as a free pass or whitewashing the results.

Edited by scotty474

Anyone..... Anyone can do a better job then Mendoza. It cant be that hard to find a DC that will only give up 30 a game. Hell 30 points a game would cut our points against this season in half.

By the way, I think Dodge originally tried to hire Anybody, but he turned us down. :) Seriously, who should we target as a replacement? This seems to be the direction everyone wants to take this. Candidates?

When I was watching the game it was a little dissappointing to know that even though we were putting a lot of points on the board it was only a matter of time before Navy took the lead. Two weeks is plenty of time to get ready for the option. It isn't like the coaches didn't know what they were going to do. I do think they should bring in a new coach on defense that has proven on a college level that he knows what he is doing. I don't know who that is but let's start looking now.