Barnett To Smu?

SouthernMustang

As per Barnett, his comments saying "Not only was she a girl, she was terrible." Politically incorrect? Yeah.. absolutely.. but is it really that big of a deal? Maybe I'm insensitive but I don't think so.

This girl who claims she was raped, wrote a book to make $ -- but she never filed charges, never made any allegations, nor made any attempts to identify the perpetrator. That seems a bit fishy. I'm not saying something didn't happen -- but it's odd in her activities. Barnett let things happen, and then didn't take enough action when he found out. However, despite all the turmoil and letting the school handle things, he coached his team to 2 Big XII north titles. Does the guy have a clean slate? Absolutely not.. but everything pinned on him was an allegation, and absolutely nothing came out. He was fired b/c they lost to Nebraska and to Texas in the Big XII championship team. I will take SMU losing in the championship game b/c that means they won enough to just get there.

CUSA is the conference of reputation redemption. Barnett's fault was that he didn't take enough control over the program at CU.. I think with some time to reflect, and some time to realize that he hasn't gotten any offers, he knows what the stakes are -- especially at an institution under the microscope like SMU. He built the program at Northwestern, and that's a school with higher academic standards than SMU competing in a much tougher conference. And he won the Big XII and kept CU competing, despite being outmanned against OU and TX teams that he somehow found ways to beat.

I say forgive the past, don't forget, keep an eye on him -- and let's see if he can rebuild SMU.. watching us play Houston last night, it's bvious they're not that far behind the top of the division.. just need the right coach.

I don't think so. No disrespect to Dodge, but we need someone with a "name" and a proven track record as a head coach in college football.

The problem with the "name" coaches available is they have baggage attached. What kind of baggage SMU can live with will determine which tainted coach gets a new start.

The problem with the "name" coaches available is they have baggage attached. What kind of baggage SMU can live with will determine which tainted coach gets a new start.

I dont care how controversial Barnett or Neuhisel was. I'd take a coach with a proven winning record with some character flaws if that means my team is going to be downright awesome for the time im in college and beyond.

I dont care how controversial Barnett or Neuhisel was. I'd take a coach with a proven winning record with some character flaws if that means my team is going to be downright awesome for the time im in college and beyond.

Agreed. I wouldn't mine either of those guys as well. The bring instant attention to the school, not to mention they can coach.

As per Barnett, his comments saying "Not only was she a girl, she was terrible." Politically incorrect? Yeah.. absolutely.. but is it really that big of a deal? Maybe I'm insensitive but I don't think so.

This girl who claims she was raped, wrote a book to make $ -- but she never filed charges, never made any allegations, nor made any attempts to identify the perpetrator. That seems a bit fishy. I'm not saying something didn't happen -- but it's odd in her activities. Barnett let things happen, and then didn't take enough action when he found out. However, despite all the turmoil and letting the school handle things, he coached his team to 2 Big XII north titles. Does the guy have a clean slate? Absolutely not.. but everything pinned on him was an allegation, and absolutely nothing came out. He was fired b/c they lost to Nebraska and to Texas in the Big XII championship team. I will take SMU losing in the championship game b/c that means they won enough to just get there.

CUSA is the conference of reputation redemption. Barnett's fault was that he didn't take enough control over the program at CU.. I think with some time to reflect, and some time to realize that he hasn't gotten any offers, he knows what the stakes are -- especially at an institution under the microscope like SMU. He built the program at Northwestern, and that's a school with higher academic standards than SMU competing in a much tougher conference. And he won the Big XII and kept CU competing, despite being outmanned against OU and TX teams that he somehow found ways to beat.

I say forgive the past, don't forget, keep an eye on him -- and let's see if he can rebuild SMU.. watching us play Houston last night, it's bvious they're not that far behind the top of the division.. just need the right coach.

Careful what you ask for. We obviously just got rid of a coach that ran a "loose ship" and our new coach is suffering the effects of instilling discipline with some of the former players. Not sure if you want Barnett running a "loose ship" on the hilltop.

My personal opinion? I could care less who they hire as long as they aren't afraid to schedule us.

I don't think so. No disrespect to Dodge, but we need someone with a "name" and a proven track record as a head coach in college football.

Even though Erickson has the proven track record, I was stunned that ASU hopped on him so quickly after he went 1-10 at Idaho.

To his credit, the Sun Devils are doing great (except in Eugene)

-stv

I don't know the magic formula but I am just hoping for someone good and for that person to be named quickly. And I don't care if he has baggage as long as it does not involve violations with the NCAA.

My first choice is Bowden. But I trust Orsini will find the right man for the job.