Td Playing 7 Full Freshmen, Some Needed Speed

OldTimer

1. DT Jesse DeSoto 6-2, 275, 5.0

2. WR Sam Dibrell 6-2, 205, 4.7

3. WR B J Lewsi, 6-1, 190, 4.53

4. WR Breece Johnson, 6-1, 175, 4.4

5. QB Givonni Vizza, 6-1, 195

6. RB Micah Mosley 6-1, 205, 4.55

7. OLB A. J. Penson 6-1, 220, 4.8 (played special teams, now playing more at OLB)

Also LB RS Freshman Craig Robertson, 6-0, 210, 4.3 will see more playing time

Its good to see more speed at some of these positions.

Playing this many true freshmen is not common at Div 1 FB schools. You can make your own evaluation.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Something's haywire here...

...Kevin Ealey should be on the list. He has appeared in three of the five games thus far.

...Jesse DeSoto supposedly appeared briefly in the Oklahoma game. If that burned his redshirt then why aren't they playing him now?

...If DeSoto burned his redshirt then so should've Marquese Davis who also appeared in that game.

...I don't think that Breece Johnson has played. The confusion is that his number, 17, is also worn by Brian Nelson, who is on the kickoff coverage team.

Vizza, Mosley, Penson, Dibrell and Lewis are definitely five that have played. Ealey should be #6. Who is #7?

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Guest GrayEagleOne

I"ve seen Breece on the field, it's easy to tell he and Nelson apart. Nelson doesn't line up at reciever and Breece doesn't line up at safety. Desoto played at Arkansas too towards the end of the game.

I'm not a racist but, yes, I can tell Breece and Brian apart even if they don't line up. The question is, can the person keeping the participation stats?

And, yep, you were right. DeSoto is listed by the statistician as participating in the Arkansas game.

Let's say that it's a mistake on Marquese Davis' appearance, that would still give us eight true freshmen who have definitely appeared in a game this year:

1. Vizza

2. Mosley

3. Penson

4. Dibrell

5. Lewis

6. Ealey

7. DeSoto

8. B. Johnson

Guest GrayEagleOne

Craig Robertson is much bigger than his listing, and he subbed for Brandon Monroe at times during the ULL game. He may very well be our fastest LB we have.

Rick

Robertson is likely the fastest linebacker and if they are looking for speed then why not play Mahan more? He was something like our fifth leading tackler last year and has some pretty good wheels.

Robertson is likely the fastest linebacker and if they are looking for speed then why not play Mahan more? He was something like our fifth leading tackler last year and has some pretty good wheels.

I would bet the bank Mahan could out run any linebacker on the team. He has 3rd leading tackller @ OU, than seems not to be given any time at LB since then. Why not play our proven players with experience instead of buring the red shirts? Also Germaine Dawson has all but disapeared...

Dodge and his boys are playing F*** the jrs. Next year it will be what is now the Soph turn.

The man that said this a "family" is not very trustworthy and this will make a lot of the local coaches more than a little mad.........

If you believe this, then KBJ stands Kooky Boorish JackAss. Dodge is playing who has earned playing time. As a fan, you might not agree with who is getting playing time, but to say he is playing F*** the jrs is just silly.

Dawson and Mahan were 3 and 4 in total tackles last year when this team was about the middle of D1 but can not make it on this D.

Stickler time on the field will be reduced per your "leader" because the Fr are going to get more playing time.

Green was on the sidelines untill no one could stop a pass in the field of play

Meager does what was asked of him and then on Friday was told he was sat down

Rose played last week for the first time this year and will not see the field again

Warren played in 10 games last year and is now on the scout team

Green Bat how would you know who earned playing time and who hasn't, I have never seen you at the pratice field.

Dawson and Mahan were 3 and 4 in total tackles last year when this team was about the middle of D1 but can not make it on this D.

Stickler time on the field will be reduced per your "leader" because the Fr are going to get more playing time.

Rose played last week for the first time this year and will not see the field again

Green Bat how would you know who earned playing time and who hasn't, I have never seen you at the pratice field.

I can't speak as to what is going on with Dawson, Mahan, and Warren because I wonder myself. However Green has been getting beat(see FAU), Meager is to Bledsoe as Vizza is to Romo, Rose may not have the agility of Bailey but I sure as hell trust Spencer Leftwich's judgement.

and who exactly made you a coach to determine who is and who is not the best fit to play in Dodge's system?

Meager is not good. He cant win. Its good that he got replace. Who cares if he put up big numbers he just does not win. Now for rose I am surpised about that. Last year to me it seem that he was one of our better oline men. I still believe he is better than Baily. Who I think we need a replacement for Baily because he is just no good. Missing blocks and is just to slow to get out there on screens. The other guys im not to real sure on.

So who got benched for Fitz? UNFAIR.

Stickler isn't get attention? What the hell was the circus he laid on LaFa last week? Mop-up duty?

If he gets benched in favor of someone else, whether they're younger or not, than I expect a great performance (not necessarily stats) in his place or an announcement that Stickler broke team rules.

Todge has his system. If people aren't getting what they want AND we're losing, somebody has to whine.