Fantastic Performance By Danny Meager...

FirefightnRick

No more Danny Meager bashing allowed this week. 600 yards passing? 3 TD's, should have been 4, easily. Underthrows is all some here can remember, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? What about the freaking drops, not including the one that hit Fitz(still an incredible night for him too) between the numbers crossing the 10 yard line that he dropped rather than walking into the north endzone? If he catches that we're up 21 to 3? It was an incredible display of accuracy 90% of the game and a window to what the future will bring and all you freakin people can remember is the underthrows and the interceptions? To me he shouldn't have had to make those throws late in the game in my oppinion. Instead he should have been getting to simply run the clock out because we scored plenty to win that game. I contribute the intereptions to fatigue from running for his life when protection broke down.

You can't blame DM. You can't. Give the guy some credit. He had Bennet shitting in his shorts all night long. Someone in our section, out of frustration muffled, "Well, what do you expect, our HS coaches are just learning...." to which I said, "Our HS coaches ARE just learning, and guess what? their taking the experiencd ones across the field to the woodshed tonight, imagine what the future holds!!!!!".

How bout that Micah Mosely? Lots of tough runs late in the game. Very proud of him.

I loved that game, other than the final score. We had 5 to 8,000 people show up and all were entertained and will want more in the future. Other than our defense, which deserves a complete different thread, there's nothing but positives to take away from last night.

I'll see y'all in Fayettville.

A couple of photos I know many wanted to see.

The Belly Girls:

meangreenbellies_500x241.jpg

The NT fans.

ntsmufans_474x231.jpg

Rick

Nice post. Meager gets props from me as well. I took my brother, a loyal 'horn, and his 14 year old son, both decked in Mean Green gear I provided. As we left I started to complain about an underthrow late in the game. My brother said, "Dude he was probably exhausted. He was slinging it all night!". He had a very good game, and he needs to get used to it.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more Danny Meager bashing allowed this week. 600 yards passing? 3 TD's, should have been 4, easily. Underthrows is all some here can remember, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? What about the freaking drops, not including the one that hit Fitz(still an incredible night for him too) between the numbers crossing the 10 yard line that he dropped rather than walking into the north endzone? If he catches that we're up 21 to 3? It was an incredible display of accuracy 90% of the game and a window to what the future will bring and all you freakin people can remember is the underthrows and the interceptions? To me he shouldn't have had to make those throws late in the game in my oppinion. Instead he should have been getting to simply run the clock out because we scored plenty to win that game. I contribute the intereptions to fatigue from running for his life when protection broke down.

You can't blame DM. You can't. Give the guy some credit. He had Bennet shitting in his shorts all night long. Someone in our section, out of frustration muffled, "Well, what do you expect, our HS coaches are just learning...." to which I said, "Our HS coaches ARE just learning, and guess what? their taking the experiencd ones across the field to the woodshed tonight, imagine what the future holds!!!!!".

A couple of photos I know many wanted to see.

Those were my thoughts as well. Seems they might be Dodge's thoughts too. We listened to the post game interview with Dodge and one of the things he said was "we aren't as good as we are gonna be". I think we have a season to look forward to still.

Meager did a great job.

Kinda choked in the end trying to make something happen. I don't blame him on the first int. I liked going for it and it was just an outstanding play from the smu cornerback.

We have much to build on and that is encouraging

Meager saw the same thing I did. We got set and snapped the ball before their defense was ready. It seemed like he tried to muscle it rather then drop it in. He did that a few times. He also made some great passes.

he had 4 picks right? Ya he had a good game but 4 picks.

No, there were three interceptions.

There were a few drops, but not many. I agree that the drop by Fitz in the first half was big. But I just can't criticize that young man. He was sensational, and he is on his way to a huge season.

A couple of the incompletions, including Jackson's in the endzone, were the result of really good plays by the SMU defensive back breaking it up.

Here's my one question that I keep coming back to. Where are teh freshman receivers? I didn't see anything caught by someone that wasn't on Dickey's squad last year.

Fitzgerald

Jackson

Washington

Stickler

I thought we'd see some of those new guys step up a couple games in, and last night would have been a great time to do it. Do you think they're not ready yet? Are the guys we had last year better than the new guys? Is Dodge waiting to drop a bomb on the Sun Belt and start those guys?