Never Felt Better After A Loss....

Green Guy Bass

I hate losing to SMU, we all do....but man, oh man!!

I think it is pretty incredible that a group of Darrell Dickey's players, who might be the weakest crop we will see in a long while grasp anm offense in a such a short amount of time.....Weas Mean Green alums and fans have several things to be jazzed about.....

1- Managed to sling it around for over 600 yards tonight, with a pair of school records set....

2- Seeing the potential of guys like Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Jackson, a few of the young O-linemen, and I can't beleive I would ever say this, but....Daniel Meager looking like a legit d-1 QB....

3- A portion of the Mean Green nation jumping in their cars and showing up in good numbers and full throat for a road game...maybe the best NT atmosphere I have ever been a part of as a fan...and the game was not at Fouts.....insane....great experience, win or lose....

4- A number of talented early commits on board for 2008 already....just imagine what some talent on both sides of the ball could do for this thing!!....Darrell Dickey spares looking like they have a clue....and better players to the same system and LTFO everyone else down the road.....

5- Todd....Todd....Todd....granted, he is 0-2, but the small miracle in itself to get a team with an obvious lack of talent to play at this level and graps a system that is anythingbut vanilla.....Freaking awesome job of coaching so far....

6- The system itself....Skill position players on offense and some talented lineman in the HS ranks will salivate to play in a pass happy system....a fun offense to execute as a player is a big selling point when it comes to recruiting....we have already seen guys commit for that along with TD's reputation....the future will be awesome, and it is as clear as day.....

7- Any great idea and expectation you have for this program and our school....There is so much that is positive built up in our minds and we finally have the guy here to see it fully blossom....We have a genuine buzz in the metroplex about what is going on at our school...so many great things ARE on the way....a more entertaining team to watch, a winning attitude that is already beginning to seep ito the players and fan-base....a new stadium....more wins....better talent....bowls down the road after getting the talent level built up on a consistent, year to year basis....

I could go on and on about all of the positive things....I am sure this post is already giving some of you tire-head...

However, it feels awesome to say and even think about being an alum of our great institute....we now have a common phenomenon that we will see explode into a massive success that will rather quickly unfold right in front of us....we are lucky to be in this thing together, as fans, as friends, and members of a Mean Green Family that will grow stronger as we stride forward to bigger and brighter tomorrow....Love to all who are feeling the same thing I am right now....and I think I can safely speak for most of us....It feels damn good!

Sean Bass