Arkansas State Fan Site

dodgefan

After ASU performance last Saturday, I was interested in reading some of their fan comments. Can anyone provide a link please?

I am a longtime SLC fan, so since Todd has moved to Denton, I have been reading the Mean Green site often! I have to admit, to being very puzzled about the large number of negative post about SMU over the last several months. I have followed the links provided to the the Pony message site, and they don't seem to share in the animosity. I guess an older gent like myself, subcribes to more game and player talk, and less bashing. I will still pull for North Texas because of Todd, but I have to confess, all of the negative focus toward one school is a turnoff for me. I guess it's just a different age now. Thanks in advance, and good luck this season, not just against SMU.

After ASU performance last Saturday, I was interested in reading some of their fan comments. Can anyone provide a link please?

I am a longtime SLC fan, so since Todd has moved to Denton, I have been reading the Mean Green site often! I have to admit, to being very puzzled about the large number of negative post about SMU over the last several months. I have followed the links provided to the the Pony message site, and they don't seem to share in the animosity. I guess an older gent like myself, subcribes to more game and player talk, and less bashing. I will still pull for North Texas because of Todd, but I have to confess, all of the negative focus toward one school is a turnoff for me. I guess it's just a different age now. Thanks in advance, and good luck this season, not just against SMU.

You must not be very familiar with Highland Park or SMU's "code of fan conduct" towards opponents. Wear a UNT shirt and walk around the SMU campus on gameday for 30 minutes then report back here what you learned. <_<

ASU fansite: http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?PHPSE...4&board=1.0

Hi Dodgefan. I think most of the hatred comes from the fact that it had always seemed like SMU was trying to block North Texas from moving up, out of fear of the bigger state school. They don't seem to want NT in CUSA, even though we would make a great travel partner. A few years back, Jamario Thomas had that incredible season where he was neck and neck with Adrian Peterson for the Nation's rushing title. With all of Jamario's achievements, even the 200+ yards against Colorado, he was left of the list of candidates for the Doak Walker award (presented by the SMU athletic forum).

Whether these events occur by chance, or are actually driven by SMU's desire to keep their larger neighbor down, nobody really knows. However, the perception is real to NT fans.

Personally, I am not on board with all the talk that this is by far THE most important game on our schedule. It is important because it is a local rival, who completes in the recruiting of local athletes. Other than that, I don't really understand the absolute importance of this game. NT will eventually catch and pass SMU in my opinion. But, it probably won't happen this year.

I also think the bashing has gone too far personally. But, there may be more to this with the current NT students that I don't know about.

SMU's attitude towards NT seems to be slowly changing. Having them as a natural rival would be a good thing for both schools.

So, did I get this mostly correct guys ? Why does there seem to be more hatred now than ever ?