Smu Gets Three More Commits

emmitt01

Two years ago we would have been ecstatic for that kind of quality of recruit, I don't think we have the right to bash them on it just yet.

ditto but whatever. who cares about beating out SMU for recruits. Talk to me when we start consistently beating out TCU and Tech- and have the LOI's to prove it!

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'd think that's pretty good when a recruit can't be sure who his coach might be. There's probably no FBS coach that is on a hotter seat than Phil Bennett.

I'd think that's pretty good when a recruit can't be sure who his coach might be. There's probably no FBS coach that is on a hotter seat than Phil Bennett.

All bashing aside, I saw the CUSA Media Blitz last night and few impressed me as the Mustangs. It's a team that is extremely hungry and desperate to prove they can contend for the CUSA title. The players felt they were robbed a couple close games, although there was no mention of the UNT game. In particular, the Rice loss really ate at Emmanuel Sanders.

They are not going to be easy for us by any means, and many predict they are a darkhorse (pun intended? maybe i should say Darkpony) out of CUSA West to win it all.

many predict they are a darkhorse (pun intended? maybe i should say Darkpony) out of CUSA West to win it all.

If Houston can't come up with a solid replacement for Kolb, this very well may be the case. Their biggest problem is going to be stopping people. If they solve that, I think they'll win 7-8 games. That being said, I still planning on beating their balls in on their turf. :D