If you have a decent sized boat the deep water launch in Lewisville is still open and fishing just outside Denton on 380 just before crossroads off the bride and on the two "parking" areas is pretty good. You can fish them or off the bridge on what are usually creeks. In that area its the Greenlands or something like that for both Lewisville and Ray Roberts lakes. I havn't personally fished it since the rains but I have friends that have and apparently the fishing is pretty damn good right now in that area. Also further out 380 on the bride between 720 and 423 the fishing is supposed to be very good. It is normally a 4x4 trail but since the rains looks like the Mississippi.

If your near Denton and don't care to travel your not going to do any better than Roberts. Fish around the docks and eastern channels. Stay away from Fork unless you have either spent a lot of time on her waters or can take someone who has. Otherwise your not likely to have that boat/prop/outdrive shaft for long.

Rick

Thanks for this Fork idea. I have fished out there at the Fork off of the banks, but never in a boat. I was told Lake Athens and Lake Tawakoni was good so if I was going to drive over to Fork, I would probably just go on over to one of these two.

I didn't realize there was still a dock open at Lewisville. I may try that around the Little Elm areas.

If you have a decent sized boat the deep water launch in Lewisville is still open and fishing just outside Denton on 380 just before crossroads off the bride and on the two "parking" areas is pretty good. You can fish them or off the bridge on what are usually creeks. In that area its the Greenlands or something like that for both Lewisville and Ray Roberts lakes. I havn't personally fished it since the rains but I have friends that have and apparently the fishing is pretty damn good right now in that area. Also further out 380 on the bride between 720 and 423 the fishing is supposed to be very good. It is normally a 4x4 trail but since the rains looks like the Mississippi.

Depending on what you are wanting to catch, the bridge off of 380 is a great place to fish for crappy and sandbass when flooded. We used to double jig our lines back in college. Also, the spillway at Ray Roberts is another good area for crappy.

Depending on what you are wanting to catch, the bridge off of 380 is a great place to fish for crappy and sandbass when flooded. We used to double jig our lines back in college. Also, the spillway at Ray Roberts is another good area for crappy.

Last time I drove up to the Spillway at Ray Roberts, they had signs up that said "no fishing" and they had also locked all the gates that used to be open down there that allowed one to fish down there. Don't know if that is permanent or not, but that was about 3 months ago.

Last time I drove up to the Spillway at Ray Roberts, they had signs up that said "no fishing" and they had also locked all the gates that used to be open down there that allowed one to fish down there. Don't know if that is permanent or not, but that was about 3 months ago.

3 months ago was before all the rains and it was probably just too low to fish at that point or dangerous to get down to where the lake level was. Of course it may still be closed now because the lake is too high.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

Roberts ramps are closed for about another 30 days per Parks & Wildlife

Fork is a little high and the water is only about 83 the fish are not in the deep water let

Went to Toledo Bend last weekend and the water on the North end is muddy and about 5 foot high

You can go to this web site and see which boat ramps are closed and it is updated twice a day.

Parks & Wildlife Report

Last time I fished there was in the early 90's, so I'm not sure if they have closed access now or what. You should be able to walk downstream, which is the Elm Fork of the Trinity and fish though. It is probably too late in the year now, but that has always been a pretty good place to fish during the early to mid spring when the fish start their spawn.