Epsn.com Recruiting Front Page

NT03

Dodge to join father at North Texasby: Billy Tucker

posted: Monday, July 2, 2007 | Print Entry

filed under: North Texas Mean Green, Michigan Wolverines

The North Texas football program received a big 2008 commitment over the weekend, and it probably did not take too long for the news to spread to first-year head coach Todd Dodge. Quarterback Riley Dodge (Southlake, Texas/Carroll) decommitted from Texas to join his father and help propel the Mean Green back to the top of the Sun Belt Conference after suffering back-to-back losing seasons.

Ex-Southlake Carroll and new North Texas head coachTodd Dodge, right, and son Riley, left, hope to celebrate another title at the next level.Dodge's situation is strikingly similar to that of 2007 ESPN 150 quarterback Clint Brewster (Littleton, Colo./J.K. Mullen). Brewster backed out on his early commitment to Illinois to join his father, Tim Brewster, after his hiring at Minnesota last year. In Dodge's case, his father had already been appointed head coach back in February when he made his original commitment to Texas. While he could be looking to help the elder Dodge ignite the 2008 class with his recent decision, he may also be assisting his own career.

The 5-foot-11 quarterback is very productive with both his arm and legs in his current high school system. He possesses all the traits you look for in the position, except great size. His mechanics and overall throwing motion are good, and he is an accurate passer despite lacking elite arm strength.

He can escape and improvise when the play breaks down and can be dangerous with his feet. Dodge's competitiveness, athleticism and savvy play could help the Big Green as a skill player if the transition to quarterback is not successful.

We feel North Texas will be a much better fit for Dodge as a signal caller and offer him more opportunities at the position than with the Longhorns. The familiarity of playing for his dad, and the similar spread offense that Todd Dodge employed at Southlake-Carroll High School should only assist.

I don't pay $40.00 a year to be an ESPN insider for them to not even get the nickname of a Division 1 program right. No seriously, I don't pay $40.00 to be an ESPN insider...if you do please send me your user name and password so that I can read more than a paragraph of any f-ing story on there website. Cheap ass ESPN.

I don't pay $40.00 a year to be an ESPN insider for them to not even get the nickname of a Division 1 program right. No seriously, I don't pay $40.00 to be an ESPN insider...if you do please send me your user name and password so that I can read more than a paragraph of any f-ing story on there website. Cheap ass ESPN.

Oh, I'm sorry...here you go:

Username: Geta

Pasword: Job

:lol:

you get espn the magazine too for that 40 bucks