I Think The Mean Green Will See More Improvement Than The Cowboys

I just got done watching the an interview on on FoxSW with Jerry Jones and it seems as if the Cowboys will experience with Wade Phillips what they have with other mediocre coaches Chan Gailey and Dave Campos and that is continous sub-par seasons.

The new cowboys coach has never won a playoff game and from what it seems, Jerry Jones expects the cowboys to go to another super bowl immediately. His way or the highway approach isnt working and it keeps him from obtaining or keeping proven coaches who can get the job done. Wade Phillips is a great defensive coach and thats it.

Jerry Jones was asked if he will ever sell the team or even Retire, he said NEVER. The dictatorship of him owning the Cowboys will continue he said from generation to generation. GREAT.

Also he was asked if he would ever step down as GM, he answered NO.

Then there was the important question of the interview, what was your biggest mistake since you owned the Cowboys...

Ding Ding, Jimmy Johnson, Jimmy Johnson, Jimmy Johnson. He went on to say, what a dumbass, I wish I could have handle the Tom Landry siutatuion a little better, as if he would have let him stay on with Cowboys in some degree, How long do you guys think the GREAT Tom Landry would want to stay with Jerry Jones.

Only credit Jerry Jones gets, is his stadium concept, which is grand. But he screwed up in how long it took, and also its placement on the map. Arlington and not Irving or Dallas was senseless.

Todd Dodge and the Mean Green have much more going for them, than the Cowboys will in a long time. Our coach is a proven winner in alot of our players and potential players eyes, and he will prove it to all of us this Sept.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by UNT_playmaker

I just got done watching the an interview on on FoxSW with Jerry Jones and it seems as if the Cowboys will experience with Wade Phillips what they have with other mediocre coaches Chan Gailey and Dave Campos and that is continous sub-par seasons.

The new cowboys coach has never won a playoff game and from what it seems, Jerry Jones expects the cowboys to go to another super bowl immediately. His way or the highway approach isnt working and it keeps him from obtaining or keeping proven coaches who can get the job done. Wade Phillips is a great defensive coach and thats it.

Jerry Jones was asked if he will ever sell the team or even Retire, he said NEVER. The dictatorship of him owning the Cowboys will continue he said from generation to generation. GREAT.

Also he was asked if he would ever step down as GM, he answered NO.

Then there was the important question of the interview, what was your biggest mistake since you owned the Cowboys...

Ding Ding, Jimmy Johnson, Jimmy Johnson, Jimmy Johnson. He went on to say, what a dumbass, I wish I could have handle the Tom Landry siutatuion a little better, as if he would have let him stay on with Cowboys in some degree, How long do you guys think the GREAT Tom Landry would want to stay with Jerry Jones.

Only credit Jerry Jones gets, is his stadium concept, which is grand. But he screwed up in how long it took, and also its placement on the map. Arlington and not Irving or Dallas was senseless.

Todd Dodge and the Mean Green have much more going for them, than the Cowboys will in a long time. Our coach is a proven winner in alot of our players and potential players eyes, and he will prove it to all of us this Sept.

GO MEAN GREEN

1. I have thought for about 5 years now, that as long as Jerry is the GM and is as involved with this team as much as he is, the Cowboys will NEVER win another Superbowl....he just can't let someone be in the spotlight. He wants to win the Superbowl and still believes that he can do it with as much input as he has. He hired Phillips so that he could be the coach in a sidelines approach (he was the first one calling those drafted players, not the head coach).

2. You can put the blame of that stadium going in Arlington square on the shoulders of Dallas Major Miller. She didn't want it in Dallas, where Jerry wanted to put it.

I think you are taking this out of context. I believe that he would have handled the firing of Landry better and not been seen with Jimmy eating mexican food the with Jimmy the night before Landry was let go.

Edited by UNTLifer

1. I have thought for about 5 years now, that as long as Jerry is the GM and is as involved with this team as much as he is, the Cowboys will NEVER win another Superbowl....he just can't let someone be in the spotlight. He wants to win the Superbowl and still believes that he can do it with as much input as he has. He hired Phillips so that he could be the coach in a sidelines approach (he was the first one calling those drafted players, not the head coach).

2. You can put the blame of that stadium going in Arlington square on the shoulders of Dallas Major Miller. She didn't want it in Dallas, where Jerry wanted to put it.

You are correct in that statement. Mayor Miller was the real reason behind the stadium fiasco we saw. I'll take it one step further and say that she is always the reason Downtown Dallas is dead at night with no night scene. Im so glad she is on her way out.

You are correct in that statement. Mayor Miller was the real reason behind the stadium fiasco we saw. I'll take it one step further and say that she is always the reason Downtown Dallas is dead at night with no night scene. Im so glad she is on her way out.

I don't think I know one single person that lives in Dallas, or who has worked with her that isn't glad she is on her way out either. Amazing that she has ticked off that many people.

the Cowboys will experience with Wade Phillips what they have with other mediocre coaches Chan Gailey and Dave Campos and that is continous sub-par seasons.

You might wanna add Parcells to that list. Gailey actually had a better record than Parcells with the Boys.

Edited by GangGreen

You know, Jerry's full o' crap.

He really needs to swallow his whole problem with Jimmy and understand that Jimmy was a big reason of why he's so hooked on winning a Superbowl. To be totally honest, he could've had more production from the Tuna if he'd kept his mouth shut and stayed to doing whatever office crap he should be doing and not messing with the coach.

I don't think I know one single person that lives in Dallas, or who has worked with her that isn't glad she is on her way out either. Amazing that she has ticked off that many people.

---Not really... when someone is that incompetent and made so many bad decisions that most people realize are wrong.

---There is also a thin line between being a financial conservative and "cheap". Sometimes you just need to spend a few bucks, it is better in the long run... example: maybe spending a few bucks to change the car's oil is better than saving a few bucks. [statewise: Texas needs to support education and parks !! ]

---At least ol' Jerry knows "you have to spend (invest) a few bucks in other to make a few bucks".

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

And that will be her legacy. The mayor that lost the DALLAS Cowboys...to Tarrant County.

I don't think it's exactly going out on a limb saying a 3 win team will improve more than a playoff team.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the topic of this title.

Just based off of our returners, new coaches and new players, I'm thinking that the first "building" year will end with between a 5-7 to 7-5 record, with the following year having 8 or 9 wins, if all live up to anywhere near expectations.