Hello Football Fans...

DeepGreen

Uh, not to disrespect what's going on in basketball, but has anyone been to Spring training? Can someone give us a report? Throw us a bone.

Mad Hatter had some good notes on QBs from Tuesday's first practice on the "Fouts Field" thread below. No practice today, 4:30 yesterday and 3:30 tomorrow then a week off for UNT's spring break. First scrimmage is Friday March 30.

Our coverage begins officially after spring break...with the tourney and my vacation (which was planned prior to Dodge being here) it just has to be that way. I encourage anyone else that was there to share what they saw here.

Our coverage begins officially after spring break...with the tourney and my vacation (which was planned prior to Dodge being here) it just has to be that way. I encourage anyone else that was there to share what they saw here.

I figured a vacation would be a week off work so that you could watch spring practice....or is that just me?

I figured a vacation would be a week off work so that you could watch spring practice....or is that just me?

Yeah, Harry. What gives? You put leisure and family before our thirst for tackling drills info? Where is your dedication, young man?!!!!!!!!!! I need to know the arc of each pass and the distance of each route run or I won't be satisfied. (please note sarcasm.) We appreciate all you do.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have another Tid Bit to share about practice. As I've said before, TD spent just about the entire time working with the QB's and to a lesser extent the WR's. I was impressed when he took 2 of the QB's aside (they did rotate the other 2 to work with him later) and ran a drill that I've never seen.

There is a screen/net that they pulled out that had 3 holes in it at various heights. (The whole thing is probably 4 feet long and 3 or 4 feet high, but it's on wheels so the holes are at about shoulder height). Dodge sat at the base of this thing with a stack of small orange cones (the kind you'd use to set up running routes or something). He'd have the QB start with his back to the net, walk away from it until Dodge said "hut", then the QB would turn around, and Dodge would have thrown one of the cones at the QB. The QB, would etiher duck, bend, or jump out of the way, and then throw the ball through one of the holes in the net. They'd do this several times and then Dodge would stand up and show the QB, different ways of moving to keep his posture ready for throwing immediately after moving. They all seemed to get something out of the 1 on 2 training.

While TD had 2 of the QB's off to the side, the other 2 QB's were throwing balls to the receivers.

I'm sure it's a good drill, but I sure thought it was funny the first time I saw TD, squatting down in front of the net with holes, and then chunking an orange cone at the QB......sometimes the throw would be high (head/chest area) and sometimes it'd be low (feet/legs).

Edited by Mad Hatter

is anybody going to watch practice today

I'll be out there today. I'd love to meet some of you guys. My name is Brian. I will be wearing a North Texas pullover and a Redsox hat. I am am masters student and my wife is an '01 SLC grad, so we want to see coach Dodge. We will try to take so pics and I will post them.

Edited by EastTexasMG