Kendrick Davis And Calvin Watson

It seems like KD and Cavlin were rarely "hot" in the same game this seaon, and certainly not during the SBC tourny. What if KD and Calvin both start knocking down shots in the NCAA tourny and BOTH get their 15-20 points a game? How far can we go?

It seems like KD and Cavlin were rarely "hot" in the same game this seaon, and certainly not during the SBC tourny. What if KD and Calvin both start knocking down shots in the NCAA tourny and BOTH get their 15-20 points a game? How far can we go?

Since no one is making serious predictions, I'll throw one out. If KD and Watson can both get over 15 points, I predict an upset in our first game, and given that they continue to do this, I think we get 2-3 games deep in the tourny. Crazy, I know, but that's my story and I am sticking to it. Basically, if we can get to our 80 point average and play half way decent defense, we have a shot to win any game.

Edited by chrisfisher

Since no one is making serious predictions, I'll throw one out. If KD and Watson can both get over 15 points, I predict an upset in our first game, and given that they continue to do this, I think we get 2-3 games deep in the tourny. Crazy, I know, but that's my story and I am sticking to it. Basically, if we can get to our 80 point average and play half way decent defense, we have a shot to win any game.

I can see both getting hot and still getting blown out depending on the matchup. Honestly they're both going to have to be hot, our inside game will have to be at least decent, and we're gonna have to be a little lucky if we draw a Florida or one of the titans.

I really have no illusions of winning it all. The important thing here is that the Mean Green are going to be on national television and we're going to get a recruiting boost.

Be it a 15, 16, or play-in seeding, it's good for the school and good for the athletics program. Hopefully in the years to come, we can win consistently, win a few Sun Belt tournaments and OOC games, and work our way up to a middle seed. THEN we can start speculating on making the Sweet 16 and Final Four.

Is a first-round win possible? Certainly!!! And I will be there rooting for the Mean Green no matter where they land. But keep in mind a 16-seed has NEVER beat a 1 seed, and only a few 15s have beat a 2.

Baby steps, guys.

I really have no illusions of winning it all. The important thing here is that the Mean Green are going to be on national television and we're going to get a recruiting boost.

Be it a 15, 16, or play-in seeding, it's good for the school and good for the athletics program. Hopefully in the years to come, we can win consistently, win a few Sun Belt tournaments and OOC games, and work our way up to a middle seed. THEN we can start speculating on making the Sweet 16 and Final Four.

Is a first-round win possible? Certainly!!! And I will be there rooting for the Mean Green no matter where they land. But keep in mind a 16-seed has NEVER beat a 1 seed, and only a few 15s have beat a 2.

Baby steps, guys.

I agree with everything you say. The odds are heavily stacked against us, and an NCAA birth will only help JJ improve his already excellent recruiting. Probabilities and history dictate that we won't be around for more than 1 game; however, I have a feeling that Watson and KD would say screw history and screw the probabilities. For some reason, I have a funny feeling in my stomach that we might move past the first round....or is that just indigestion?

One thing that might help our seeding(and thus upset potential) is our improving RPI. We're up to 133, which is still low - but it's improved over 10 spots the last couple of days(when we weren't even playng). We also happened to pass Niagara.

Edited by CMJ

Its evident that we can score from anywhere the court....we can play defense if we really want too and clamp down....and we are athletic as hell. I think the biggest factors to possibly competing in the game or perhaps upsetting the team we play will be not making turnovers and free throws. Those are the biggest factors in basketball usually and if you can eliminate those problems then your chances of competing/winning GREATLY increases.