Explain How We Would Be A 16th Seed?

eeally

Below is a list of qualifiers so far:

My question is how would we be a 16th seed when we could beat some if not most of these teams?

I can see an argument for a 15 seed but should we not be more like a #14 or so????

Penn

Winthrop

Belmont

Eastern Kentucky

Davidson

Creighton

Virginia Commonwealth

Gonzaga

Niagara

Weber State

Wright State

Oral Roberts

Creighton

Central Connecticut State

North Texas

My question is how would we be a 16th seed when we could beat some if not most of these teams?

I can see an argument for a 15 seed but should we not be more like a #14 or so????

Penn

Winthrop

Belmont

Eastern Kentucky

Davidson

Creighton

Virginia Commonwealth

Gonzaga

Niagara

Weber State

Wright State

Oral Roberts

Creighton

North Texas

Maybe because UNT BB has been in the freezer (trying to thaw out) for most of its multi-decades history? Most of us when we were students and when the Super Pit first opened, thought "nothing could stop us now" but UNT's Human Resources Dept.,ie, past UNT AD's made us forget our theory with that. :(

When any SBC or UNT BB gets past a 1'st round in the the big dance, then you start getting some semblance of regional notice and respect. Get to the Sweet 16 and then you get the national variety.

If anyone gets this thing (finally) going up there, many of us will hope its the very likeable Johnny Jones.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

First, I don't think we beat a Gonzaga, Oral Roberts, Creighton, or Belmont.

That being said, I still think we'll be a 16 seed or (if the Committee is generous) a 15. We just didn't have a strong schedule, and we lost games we could have should have won.

The Tulsa, Rice, and UNC-Charlotte wins may push us up to a 15.

Edited by UNTflyer

There are some on your list, that definitely deserve to be seeded higher than us, IMHO. (Creighton, Gonzaga, Va. Commonwealth...maybe a couple more).

But, I get your point and agree. I was looking at Sagarin rankings last night, and there are a good 4 or 5 teams that are in the NCAA already, that we have better Sagarin rankings than.

So, that's why... I think we'll climb up to a 15 seed. Not sure about a 14....

Penn

Winthrop

Belmont

Eastern Kentucky

Davidson

Creighton

Virginia Commonwealth

Gonzaga

Niagara

Weber State

Wright State

Oral Roberts

Creighton

North Texas

Does Creighton have two campuses? Will we have this problem when UNT-Dallas starts making the tournament?

I know the big picture of college basketball is new to many people here, but Gonzaga, Davidson, and Oral Roberts (who beat FREAKING KANSAS!) should be nowhere near this list.... it's like a new football fan saying TCU, Boise St., and Navy should be dismissed because they are not in big conferences.

That said, we'd own Central Conn St. Bitches would get a can of UTA so fast upside their heads they'd wanna slap their own mamma. Yeah, I speak jive now. It's new.

First, I don't think we beat a Gonzaga, Oral Roberts, Creighton, or Belmont.

That being said, I still think we'll be a 16 seed or (if the Committee is generous) a 15. We just didn't have a strong schedule, and we lost games we could have should have won.

The Tulsa, Rice, and UNC-Charlotte wins may push us up to a 15.

Very good. I think you have nailed it here - I think we will get a 15 seed. I really don't think they are going to sent a TV crew to our campus to highlight a 16th seed.....could be wrong, but I don't see it happening.