Rumors Laid To Rest Via Hank Dickeson

MeanGreengdub

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes appx'ly 8 foot of property currently owned by UNT from Eagle to Bonie Bra

yeah I saw that, but it doesnt look like Fouts would have to be destroyed for that to take place... maybe I am missing something? I also don't know anything about the restrictions (if any) for how close something can be to a highway, etc. From the picture, it doesnt seem like Fout's is all but gone, as some have indicated.

Guest GrayEagleOne

This reminds me. Doesn't TDOT have plans to take part of Fouts as part their expansion of I-35? As I recall, isn't the time frame for those plans some where around 2010? Is that still an accurate date? Does anyone have accurate information as to how much of Fouts (or the Fouts property) they are planning to take?

I believe that the 2010 date is for completion up to Loop 288. More like 2012 for the segment from Loop 288 to the merger with I-35W. However, I believe that the highway will not take part of Fouts, only the service road.

There is a campaign underway but it's not highly publicized and probably won't be until 40% of the goal is realized. Then the corporations and stadium bonds will likely take over and construction can begin. Too many people have mentioned a completion date of 2009 for me to believe that it won't happen. I'm not sure where the fake grad88 is getting his long way out, 10 years or whatever. Ask Rick V is a feasibility study has not been done and if he has stadium plans in his office. The situation has changed considerably since grad88 was in the Office of Development and it's probably mind-boggling the amount of change has occured in the last two months. They would not have announced Goldfield's $1.5 million dollar contribution now unless they were reasonably certain of being getting enough donors for this to be a viable, soon to happen occurance.

I believe that the 2010 date is for completion up to Loop 288. More like 2012 for the segment from Loop 288 to the merger with I-35W. However, I believe that the highway will not take part of Fouts, only the service road.

There is a campaign underway but it's not highly publicized and probably won't be until 40% of the goal is realized. Then the corporations and stadium bonds will likely take over and construction can begin. Too many people have mentioned a completion date of 2009 for me to believe that it won't happen. I'm not sure where the fake grad88 is getting his long way out, 10 years or whatever. Ask Rick V is a feasibility study has not been done and if he has stadium plans in his office. The situation has changed considerably since grad88 was in the Office of Development and it's probably mind-boggling the amount of change has occured in the last two months. They would not have announced Goldfield's $1.5 million dollar contribution now unless they were reasonably certain of being getting enough donors for this to be a viable, soon to happen occurance.

Come on Grey Eagle One...let's not get personal. I am not a fake. Are you? You misqoute me. I never said that the project was 10 years out. The jist of what I said is that there is no real time table until you have the big donor(s) to jump start the project. It COULD BE tomorrow...and it could be 10 years...however long it takes to find that big daddy donor. When that happens, we will all know about it I can assure you. I know UNT has come a long way. To get a 1.5 million dollar donor toward the stadium truly is a big deal...and I know that RV is looking under every bush to find a bunch more like him....and it WILL TAKE A BUNCH more like him. I credit RV with following through with a vision when many in development said that it would never happen. I have always respected RV for that. The man has vision and drive. My point is that until we have the big press conference of the bid daddy donor who can truly kick start this campaign, it ain't really started yet. We just need to give it time. RV might just get it done in 5 years...along with a bunch of winning by Dodge ball!

After finally figuring out how to view the TxDot illustration, it appears that the service road will take out most (if not all) of the SW parking area of Fouts and a good bit of the parking directly behind the press box....if you figure in the space that a retaining will will take up. So while the TxDOT plans do not take out Fouts, it certainly renders it much less accessable and makes going to games there much less convenient.

Come on Grey Eagle One...let's not get personal. I am not a fake. Are you? You misqoute me. I never said that the project was 10 years out. The jist of what I said is that there is no real time table until you have the big donor(s) to jump start the project. It COULD BE tomorrow...and it could be 10 years...however long it takes to find that big daddy donor. When that happens, we will all know about it I can assure you. I know UNT has come a long way. To get a 1.5 million dollar donor toward the stadium truly is a big deal...and I know that RV is looking under every bush to find a bunch more like him....and it WILL TAKE A BUNCH more like him. I credit RV with following through with a vision when many in development said that it would never happen. I have always respected RV for that. The man has vision and drive. My point is that until we have the big press conference of the bid daddy donor who can truly kick start this campaign, it ain't really started yet. We just need to give it time. RV might just get it done in 5 years...along with a bunch of winning by Dodge ball!

grad88, when were you in the Office of Development? How long ago?

Do you really think a businessman as successful as Mr. Goldfield would throw $1.5 million at a feasibility study? I would be comfortable in assuming that he is able to kick in much more and will when the other big donations come in to get us to the construction phase. Assumption on my part? Yes, but why would someone throw $1.5 million without some degree of certainty that the project was going to take place? Something big is brewing, we just have to be patient and what for the announcement.

Do you really think a businessman as successful as Mr. Goldfield would throw $1.5 million at a feasibility study? I would be comfortable in assuming that he is able to kick in much more and will when the other big donations come in to get us to the construction phase. Assumption on my part? Yes, but why would someone throw $1.5 million without some degree of certainty that the project was going to take place? Something big is brewing, we just have to be patient and what for the announcement.

To answer your question. I was in the Development office 5 years ago. I only left because an opportunity came for me to be in the ministry, which I have been doing ever since...and I am still raising money!

To answer your question. I was in the Development office 5 years ago. I only left because an opportunity came for me to be in the ministry, which I have been doing ever since...and I am still raising money!

I would be pretty confident in assuming that quite a bit (understatement) has changed since 2002.

Very logical post. I, too, believe that the new stadium is more than some distant dream. I remain confident that we'll get some significant news sometime this spring.

After finally figuring out how to view the TxDot illustration, it appears that the service road will take out most (if not all) of the SW parking area of Fouts and a good bit of the parking directly behind the press box....if you figure in the space that a retaining will will take up. So while the TxDOT plans do not take out Fouts, it certainly renders it much less accessable and makes going to games there much less convenient.

I was thinking the same thing.

As for the Stadium Campaign, I understood that the $1.5 Million was donated to help us go out and find the money. I assume that some of that money will help offset the cost of our hiring the fundraising talents of Lawson and Associates last fall. The ball is rolling on the new stadium. It's just a matter of when it all falls into place. I don't care how long it takes to get the money to build it, or how long it takes to build it. Just as long as it's Built right and is designed to help give our team a home field advantage.

Rick

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't care how long it takes to get the money to build it, or how long it takes to build it. Just as long as it's Built right and is designed to help give our team a home field advantage.

Rick

Easy for you to say, Rick, but I don't have all that many years left on God's green earth and I'd like to enjoy it a few years at the new stadium before I check out.

To grad88,

The fake comment was not meant as a personal insult. The fake part came from the 'fake Lonnie Finch'. It came to mind because your posts of a few years ago seemed much more positive than those of today. Plus, ministers are by nature some of the most upbeat, positive people that I know. It just seemed incongruent with your earlier posts and I wondered if this was the same grad88.

Easy for you to say, Rick, but I don't have all that many years left on God's green earth and I'd like to enjoy it a few years at the new stadium before I check out.

To grad88,

The fake comment was not meant as a personal insult. The fake part came from the 'fake Lonnie Finch'. It came to mind because your posts of a few years ago seemed much more positive than those of today. Plus, ministers are by nature some of the most upbeat, positive people that I know. It just seemed incongruent with your earlier posts and I wondered if this was the same grad88.

No offense taken whatsoever. You would find me to be a very upbeat and affirming person...and I do hope that I am a good minister. While I am a very positive person and very high on UNT and greatly DESIRE a new stadium, my experience in fundraising somewhat clouds my view on the new stadium deal. I know how incredibly difficult it is to raise BIG money at UNT. Getting $10,000 donations for scholarships...which UNT is getting a lot of now...is a world of difference from getting a $15-20 million dollar donation to jump start a stadium campaign. If UNT ever turns that fundraising corner, we will be on our way to a very bright future in a great many respects-even above and beyond athletics. We can all only hope. I agree with FFR...I am happy that someone(s) is working on it and that something is actually in the works...no matter how long it takes. Who knows, we could break the top 25 with Dodge ball and bring donors out of the wood work of the likes we have never seen before. I am hopeful in the midst of being realistic. :)

The REALITY is that a big donor could walk into RVs office tomorrow with a $15 million dollar check and say, "start your campaign"...or we could be 10 years away. Until I see an announcement of that kind of donor, in my mind there is no new stadium. If you had worked in fundraising, you would understand.

The main thing we need now is just to fill the dang stadium we got! Then, everything will take care of itself.

If you were to look back at most of the capital projects D-IA institutions have undertaken, they had received a huge donantion. Troy's stadium comes to mind, Louisville's stadium/facilities, Utah, etc.

We could all think of examples of a school receiving a huge donation for their athletic programs...

As for the Stadium Campaign, I understood that the $1.5 Million was donated to help us go out and find the money. I assume that some of that money will help offset the cost of our hiring the fundraising talents of Lawson and Associates last fall. The ball is rolling on the new stadium. It's just a matter of when it all falls into place. I don't care how long it takes to get the money to build it, or how long it takes to build it. Just as long as it's Built right and is designed to help give our team a home field advantage.

Rick

I thought the best news from Hanks report was the initial stadium size now appears to be 40K instead of 32K as in the original plans. I believe the funding is closer than some think and I expect to hear about a definite time line and lower-$-donor campaign this spring. Judging by all the "new stadium" talk the NT administration is mentioning in the past 6 months it appears to be on the top of RV's to-do list. Placing baseball on the back burner until the new football stadium happens also says it's a priority. Fouts has limited life left as a structure before costly renovations are needed. This will help push the issue.

Doesn't seem like we'd use our biggest donation in the history of NT athletics on a mere study to see if a new stadium is even possible.

This is pure speculation, but they said we're putting baseball on the back burner for the next 4-5 years. I interpret this as we're getting very close to making the stadium a reality. If we weren't close to busting the stadium campaign wide open, we would instead go ahead and fund a cheaper baseball program to send a message that NT athletics is still growing.

Doesn't seem like we'd use our biggest donation in the history of NT athletics on a mere study to see if a new stadium is even possible.

This is pure speculation, but they said we're putting baseball on the back burner for the next 4-5 years. I interpret this as we're getting very close to making the stadium a reality. If we weren't close to busting the stadium campaign wide open, we would instead go ahead and fund a cheaper baseball program to send a message that NT athletics is still growing.

Yes, we would use such a large donation for such a "study". This feasibility study is very involved and is actually the first step in fundraising for any kind of campaign. This involves a lot of donor research to find the prospects who might be interested in helping UNT...and to determine who actually has the means to help UNT with this size of project. Then, it involves a ton of leg work and pounding the pavement to get meetings with all of these folks to discuss their interest in such a stadium. It is not just a "study of data" or anything like that, but a study of all of the consituents of UNT who have the capability to get this thing going...to see if they have the WILL to get this thing going. If after reviewing the results it is seen that there is support, then UNT will begin the campaign. These feasibility studies take a long time in themselves...up to a year or more. It was wise for RV to hire a firm like this to do it. He and the Dev Officers he has don't have enough time to get it done by themselves. It is very expensive just to do this kind of study...and thus the large donation going to fund it.

Yes, we would use such a large donation for such a "study". This feasibility study is very involved and is actually the first step in fundraising for any kind of campaign. This involves a lot of donor research to find the prospects who might be interested in helping UNT...and to determine who actually has the means to help UNT with this size of project. Then, it involves a ton of leg work and pounding the pavement to get meetings with all of these folks to discuss their interest in such a stadium. It is not just a "study of data" or anything like that, but a study of all of the consituents of UNT who have the capability to get this thing going...to see if they have the WILL to get this thing going. If after reviewing the results it is seen that there is support, then UNT will begin the campaign. These feasibility studies take a long time in themselves...up to a year or more. It was wise for RV to hire a firm like this to do it. He and the Dev Officers he has don't have enough time to get it done by themselves. It is very expensive just to do this kind of study...and thus the large donation going to fund it.

It was mentioned when this fundraising firm was hired last fall that results would be back to NT in mid-January (2007). Shortly after mid-January the $1.5 stadium donation was announced officially at the basketball game as a kickoff for the new stadium. Coincidence? I think the fundraising campaign is further along than just the "what-if" phase.

It was mentioned when this fundraising firm was hired last fall that results would be back to NT in mid-January (2007). Shortly after mid-January the $1.5 stadium donation was announced officially at the basketball game as a kickoff for the new stadium. Coincidence? I think the fundraising campaign is further along than just the "what-if" phase.

They have ask for committments.