Florida Crushing Ohio State

Man oh man, this one is getting ugly. Florida up 34-14 at the half, it's going to be one hell of a come back for Ohio State to have a chance.

Doubtlful, but maybe Boise has a shot at some of the title after all.

I can't see why not! ( other than than the mid major bias )

Let's see Boise hammered Oregon St. , Oregon St. beat USC , USC KILLED Arkansas , Arkansas beat Auburn which beat these Gators.

Or : Boise beat OU , which beat Okl St., which beat Bama who beat Vandy who beat Georgia who beat Auburn who beat these Gators.

I could do this all day. Boise will not get enough votes , but I hope they get a few 1st place votes. Any voter who puts them anything lower than 3 should no longer be able to vote in the polls.

Watching this game only makes me wonder what if the likes of Jarvis Moss and Herm Johnson would of stayed close to home....... I can only dream :blink:

There isn't going to be a co-national championship.

I Know that , but I was wondering if the powers to be instructed the announcers NOT to mention Boise during the game to stay away from controversy.

Im sure with Ginn being hurt & Ohio St being on almost a 2 month layoff could land Boise State a few 1st place votes.

Edited by NT03

Fox has a contract with the BCS. They will not say ANYTHING that would do any harm to the BCS.

I think there will be some votes for Boise - but the bigger impact will come with time. This will force the hand and the 1+ scenario. That will be the beginning of the end of the BCS and the development of a playoff. It may not happen this year, may not happen this decade, but the end has begun for the BCS - and we'll all have Boise and Florida to thank for it when we look back...

Six of Florida's opponents won bowl games this year, one of them a BCS bowl.

They had the toughest schedule, and won the toughest conference.

The sportswriters and fans all but coroneted OSU as the Champion before their opponent was even scheduled.

This win should settle all doubts... Florida is THE National Champion.

I have not watched all of this game , but from all that Ive seen/heard I have yet to hear the announcers say 1 word about Boise State. Has anything been mentioned at all about a co-national champion ?

Boise and all one-loss teams have a reason to complain about any so-called "Champion" this year. This is exactly what playoffs are for and why polls should NOT be used to determine rankings. Their difference between #1 and #2 is 14 - 40 ??? :lol:

Edited by NT80

Six of Florida's opponents won bowl games this year, one of them a BCS bowl.

They had the toughest schedule, and won the toughest conference.

The sportswriters and fans all but coroneted OSU as the Champion before their opponent was even scheduled.

This win should settle all doubts... Florida is THE National Champion.

Sounds like the same type of thinking that would have handed Ohio State the crown before they ever played this last game.

Yes, we all know Florida will be crowned national champs, but what more can you ask Boise State to do?

If you ain't a Gator, you're Gator bait.

Basketball and football champs. Unreal. What an embarrassment of riches.

UT won last year in baseball and football, made a run at basketball also. You can certainly tell which schools spend hundreds of millions on athletics.

That's why I think what Boise State did is so amazing. I'd imagine it's pretty hard to attract top rated recruits to play in Idaho, when they can be pampered at a school whose athletics budget could power a third world nation.

--- I won't argue Florida as #1 with that schedule but Ohio State as #2...????? THEY MADE 82 YARDS AND 8 FIRST DOWNS AND COMPLETED 4 OF 14 PASSES WITH A HEISMAN QB.....!!! OSU had defeated mighty Illinois (2-10) by 7 points..

---That is terrible..!!.... Boise and several other others deserve to be ranked above them, for sure.

---We need a playoff..... I prefer 12 teams... the top four with a bye in first round. It would take four weeks, (three games for a top 4 team) and surely would end no later than this one ...( which was 50+ days after their regular season ended). The rest of the teams could attend holiday bowl games if that want... most bowl games have no effect on the national champion team now anyway.