Mean Green Offense

chrisfisher

I am really board being out of school so I thought I ramble a bit:

I am sure that everyone realizes this already, but nevertheless I'd like to point something out: Since the start of the season, the Mean Green B-Ball team has NEVER been 100%. For example, Keith Wooden played injured until the last 2 games (around only 60% healthy) and our #1 scorer, Kendrick Davis, sat out a majority of the games. More recently, Harold Stewart disappeared from the line up for "personal reasons" and Calvin Watson set out the all but 1 minute in the Denver game. Now our record: 11-3. What? Had anyone told me at this at start of the season given the above, I'd have told them they were crazy.

With the exception of Harald Stewart, it looks like the UALR game will be the first time this season that we will see the Mean Green at full strength (assuming that Watson's ankle is OK). I am very excited to see what we can do! I also like that we are extremely deep on the bench and play time is getting EXTREMELY competitive. Each player will have to give 120% effort, make their shots, and play excellent defense else they will be benched. I am still curious to see how JJ divides up time between Davis, Watson, Sturns, Young, and Bell. Moreover, JJ shows signs of playing Williams and Wooden (combined weight of 460 lbs under the basket!) at the same time (as evidenced in the Denver game), which will make the guard spot even more competitive given 1 less position available.

This is shaping up to be a fun season. I hope things keep swinging our way.

Edited by chrisfisher

If you go to sunbeltsports.org you can see how we compare to ]other belt teams. Right now we are the highest scoring team. Kd's legs are fresh and Watson should be healthy. Even though everybody says that UALR is a good rebounding team, WE ARE BETTER. We should win all of our games leading up to the home stand vs. UWK and UNO.

If you go to sunbeltsports.org you can see how we compare to ]other belt teams. Right now we are the highest scoring team. Kd's legs are fresh and Watson should be healthy. Even though everybody says that UALR is a good rebounding team, WE ARE BETTER. We should win all of our games leading up to the home stand vs. UWK and UNO.

Whoa!

Free Throws Made: 234

Free Throw Attempts: 361

FT % 64.8%

We attempted more FT's than anyone else! Lot of room for improvement in this area.