More BS from dmns

Eagle Man

According to the dmns "Dickey made UNT better than it had any right to be". Yeah right. What BS!

A lot a people want to see UNT fail miserably at athletics and academics.

Support the proposed new Law School!

Support Rick Villarreal.

"Dickey made UNT better than it had any right to be."

This was an actual quote in todays dallas morning news.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Edited by Eagle Man

Are you serious??  I really think that people get upset when NT succeeds at something.

Here it is: "Never mind the record over the last two years. Darrell Dickey made UNT better than it had any right to be. Now he's gone in a particularly callous firing by the administration."

What BS!

Screw the record! Winning's not important. Yeah, right.

Edited by Eagle Man

Here it is: "Never mind the record over the last two years. Darrell Dickey made UNT better than it had a right to be. Now he's gone in a particularly callous firing by the administration."

Here is whats so amazing, there are sooooo many media that believes the same thing. It's like, do you people look at records and numbers. Give me a break.

AND, if he was such a good thing for UNT, then he won't have any problem getting hired at another school as their Head coach......sure.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Eagle Man,

Give us a link to that comment. Who wrote the story?

I just checked dallasnews.com, I did not see these comments.

GreenBat,

It is in the sports section of todays dmns, page 6C. It's under Chuck Carlton's picks. His e-mail address is, ccarlton@dallasnews.com. Thats the best I can do. Maybe someone else can scan it.

Here is whats so amazing, there are sooooo many media that believes the same thing.  It's like, do you people look at records and numbers.  Give me a break.

It is not most of the media - it’s closer to all of the media. To outsiders, we were a school that had not been to a bowl game in 40+ years. DD comes along and we go to 4 in a row, plus we have the 27-ish games conference win streak. Then we have one bad season last year. And the coach has emergency surgery, is diagnosed with diabetes, has a heart attack and is fired before the end of the season.

That’s the story, not the fact that he only had 3 winning seasons in 9. Not the bad OCC record - actually according the most of the news I’ve read, NT is know for its “tough” OCC schedule so any coach will have a bad OCC record. The version of the story you will read on this board is not what anyone else will see.

Folks get used to taking a PR hit for a while. I just hope this doesn’t cause many good candidates to shy away.

It will blow over in a few weeks. But meanwhile, we the one’s who put the “mean” in Mean Green. Just try to ignore it!

Edited by VideoEagle

It is not most of the media - it’s closer to all of the media. To outsiders, we were a school that had not been to a bowl game in 40+ years. DD comes along and we go to 4 in a row, plus we have the 27-ish games conference win streak. Then we have one bad season last year. And the coach has emergency surgery, is diagnosed with diabetes, has a heart attack and is fired before the end of the season.

That’s the story, not the fact that he only had 3 winning seasons in 9. Not the bad OCC record - actually according the most of the news I’ve read, NT is know for its “tough” OCC schedule so any coach will have a bad OCC record. The version of the story you will read on this board is not what anyone else will see.

Folks get used to taking a PR hit for a while. I just hope this doesn’t cause many good candidates to shy away.

It will blow over in a few weeks. But meanwhile, we the one’s who put the “mean” in Mean Green. Just try to ignore it!

Good post. I am trying to avoid reading or listening to any comments about UNT. Yesterday I listened to the Galloway/Esteridge rant and about drove off the road. Esteridge is a dang TCU homer who acts like he's close to the situation at UNT?!?!.....anyways, that 30 minutes of radio convinced me that we're just gonna get bashed by everyone for a few weeks.

If one positive can come of this, it is that we know we made the right decision b/c apparently NO attention had been paid to Denton, TX except for the 4 bowl games....the first of which we were drug through the mud for being under .500 going into the game.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...on.27f2f5d.html'>Here is the link. It's in the game notes at the bottom

I know Chuck Carlton and cannot believe he would write this, so I called him and spent five minutes telling him he was incorrect. I told him about the constant bashing of the University and DD's inept play calling ability. He listened politely and said that he was not downgrading the University or the players, but the administration. He appoligized that did not come across as he was hammering the administration in the 30 words he had.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...on.27f2f5d.html]Here is the link. It's in the game notes at the bottom

I know Chuck Carlton and cannot believe he would write this, so I called him and spent five minutes telling him he was incorrect. I told him about the constant bashing of the University and DD's inept play calling ability. He listened politely and said that he was not downgrading the University or the players, but the administration. He appoligized that did not come across as he was hammering the administration in the 30 words he had.

He emailed me back basically the same things. Although he did say in his email that he thought DD had "done a great job" for the University.

Since all of these media guys think he did such a good job, I guess DD will probably get another D1 head coaching job really soon. tongue.gif

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

So did I.

Be careful on showing that shirt as it got me deep on the A.D.'s SH-- LIST !!!

Had the henchmen (staff) out to find me, just one week after his MGC coordinator had spent the whole UT game dressed in black hob nobbing in the UT End Zone Club, while the team was taking their drubbing for $$ outside. Can't do too much to light a fire around here or you will be the one who gets burned!!! rolleyes.gif