How Many Offensive Yars Today ?

NT03

North Texas certainly isn't in any position to be pointing fingers.

Here's some figures from last season's game in Ruston.

Both teams entered the game with records of 2 and 3.

Louisiana Tech drove 58 yards on their first possession and turned the ball over on downs when they came up short on a 4th-down play at the North Texas 36 yard line.

Other than that initial drive, Louisiana Tech scored EVERY SINGLE TIME they had possession in the first half; three touchdowns and two field goals.

The North Texas possessions in the first half went for 8, 17, 12, 8, 17, and 5 yards. Yes, that was only 3 first downs and 6 punts: pure futility.

Halftime score was 27-0. The game was already functionally over.

In the second half Tech substituted so liberally that they were playing reserves that had duplicated jersey numbers.

North Texas earned 12 of the game total 15 first downs in that second half and lost 40 to 14. The North Texas Athletics site proclaimed "Despite a second half rally, the North Texas football team fell short against Louisiana Tech" to sugarcoat the ass-kicking.

Have things changed so radically for either team that we should expect different results? I hope so, but I haven't noticed noticed where the changes have occurred.

North Texas earned 12 of the game total 15 first downs in that second half and lost 40 to 14. The North Texas Athletics site proclaimed "Despite a second half rally, the North Texas football team fell short against Louisiana Tech" to sugarcoat the ass-kicking.

Have things changed so radically for either team that we should expect different results? I hope so, but I haven't noticed noticed where the changes have occurred.

If the score had been 34-40, then I can understand the title of the article. But since we only scored 14 points on said "rally", the PR department needs to put down the pipe.

Edited by UNTFan23

North Texas certainly isn't in any position to be pointing fingers.

Here's some figures from last season's game in Ruston.

Both teams entered the game with records of 2 and 3.

Louisiana Tech drove 58 yards on their first possession and turned the ball over on downs when they came up short on a 4th-down play at the North Texas 36 yard line.

Other than that initial drive, Louisiana Tech scored EVERY SINGLE TIME they had possession in the first half; three touchdowns and two field goals.

The North Texas possessions in the first half went for 8, 17, 12, 8, 17, and 5 yards. Yes, that was only 3 first downs and 6 punts: pure futility.

Halftime score was 27-0. The game was already functionally over.

In the second half Tech substituted so liberally that they were playing reserves that had duplicated jersey numbers.

Thank you 'Green Team'.

Your drives in the second quarter produced 17 points and ate enough clock to probably have kept La Tech from scoring at least one more first half touchdown.

Other than your unexpected heroics, the game script was almost identical to last year.