New Stadium--- is it a Hoax...

UNT_playmaker

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you base this assumption on what?
He doesn't need to base anything on anything. He's Playmaker; it's what he does.

RV has already said that the results/findings from the MGC survey from last year will be announced early this year. We're only 19 days into 2007, yet already RV is full of crap and a worthless AD :rolleyes: Can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds for quotable "Playmakerisms."

I consider February and March early in the year, and I see March, April, and May as Spring. The results will come when they are ready. The announcements will come when they are ready.

Well I am very confident that the whole stadium plans we have been hearing so much about is truly a HOAX

Then they spent a lot of money building that football locker room in the AC just for a hoax. Revisit this at the end of 2007 and let's see where we are then.

Then they spent a lot of money building that football locker room in the AC just for a hoax. Revisit this at the end of 2007 and let's see where we are then.

And also the veranda (balcony) that is very nicely constructed on the south upper/middle part of the Athletic Center which over 1,000 rabid Mean Green fan$ will be able to mix and mingle. The veranda is already in place (and has already been used for mixers by the the MG Club & the Denton Chamber of Commerce). Yet it will soon be a nice spot to view a football game from the south end zone area of our new football stadium.

We need a Big Donor or a consortium of Big Donors a la smu.

UNT will have an NCAA D1-A football program; we need a bonafide D1-A stadium to truly have a D1-A football program; TxDOT says UNT must build a new football stadium (because they need Fout Field land for I35-E interstate expansion); therefore................UNT "WILL" build a new football stadium. It's elementary--ol' chap. :rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

TxDOT says UNT must build a new football stadium (because they need Fout Field land for I35-E interstate expansion); therefore................UNT "WILL" build a new football stadium. It's elementary--ol' chap. :rolleyes:

Plumm they only need about 53 foot of the parking lot. The money coming from that will be about 1.2 mill so stop the TxDOT says shit

Plumm they only need about 53 foot of the parking lot. The money coming from that will be about 1.2 mill so stop the TxDOT says shit

Future Denton Wretched-Kronicle Headline--Rather Lengthy Headline, Matter of Fact:

Fouts Field Fan Attempts Harry-Cary Jumping Off Top of Press Box To What He Used To Remember Being A Parking Lot But Lands in Fruit Truck From Texas Valley Full of Grapefruit! (Other Than Smelling Pretty Fruity, Fouts Field Fan Is Now OK).

Another Future Headline on Front of Sports Page:

UNT Beats Big 12 School @ Fouts Field With Hail Mary Pass, But NT Alums In Other States Complain That All They Could Hear From the MGRN Radio Network Sounded Like 18 Wheelers On Truck Convoy!

jjpfootball, if TxDOT were not going to get closer to Fouts Field with what you say is 53 feet of Fouts parking lot land, then UNT would (still) probably be trying to figure out a way of, uh, fixin' Fouts Field. TxDOT was the main (if not the #1 reason) the UNT think tank fellas' came up with the novel idea to move all football operations across the freeway in the first place. Remember when the plans were to use the old Services Bldg as the new AC of which blueprints had already been drawn up(which most of us received a copy of the rendering of that Services Building Turned Into Our New AC at that 1'st quarterly meeting)?

So anyway you want to put it: TxDOT and their plans were the prime reason that the idea of fixin' Fouts Field was entirely shucked as well as using the Services Bldg as the new AC, too. Sorry all this seems to have made you a bit tense. : Hellsbells, I may even name my next goat dog Tee-DOT in their honor and for being the main reason (what other reason could there have possibly been)?; anyway, for all that being the main reason UNT leaders would formulate the plans to create the Mean Green Village at which time all the new stadium talk began.

So with that in mind....................proceed, TxDOT, and..............we thank you for having the fore-sight in expanding that part of the interstate (which is needed even now and by using however many feet of that frontage road you all end up requiring--which I'll wager becomes more than 53 feet truth be known).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Knowing the UNT admin, they will continue having football games at Fouts, even if the service road is only a couple of feet away from the concession stands.

A new stadium is long overdue and the TxDot expansion of 35 is even more overdue..... These type of things only happen in Denton....

I used to live off of Highway 380 and TxDot said that the expansion of Highway 380 into Denton, was going to start in the mid-70's...... In early 2006, TxDot officially announced that half of the project was completed and that the other half was to start in a few years....hmmm....

A few years, kinda like our new stadium

Knowing the UNT admin, they will continue having football games at Fouts, even if the service road is only a couple of feet away from the concession stands.

A new stadium is long overdue and the TxDot expansion of 35 is even more overdue..... These type of things only happen in Denton....

I used to live off of Highway 380 and TxDot said that the expansion of Highway 380 into Denton, was going to start in the mid-70's...... In early 2006, TxDot officially announced that half of the project was completed and that the other half was to start in a few years....hmmm....

A few years, kinda like our new stadium

total = -3

To Harry, Administrators & To Whom This May Concern:

With national letter-of-intent signing day just a couple weeks away, could we remove such aimless chatter as this off this board until after signing day? I have posted more than my fair share of aimless chatter (lagniape) and will admit such, but this thread has ((IHMO) run its full course and has nowhere else to go but south nor in any upward direction that would impresse any Texas HS blue chip recruit and/or their parents reading all this that our hard-working UNT football coaches are out there trying to round up for all of our's dear ol' alma mater.

Also, shouldn't we all be mindful of posting threads with subject lines that says how one school beat UNT out of another recruit? Why would we want to promote that or put that as the subject of a thread in the first place?

I hate censorship as much as the next person and I know every subject (for certain) on GMG.com cannot be of a Polly'Anna'ish nature but with that in mind.................the next 2 weeks or so of recruiting are very crucial for the immediate future of Mean Green football and all of us (beginning with yours truly) need to be ever mindful of this.

Just my .02 on this half year old thread subject that I'm not totally sure what its end all objective really was in the beginning. I stand to be corrected at any time.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Pretty much what I've heard, too. I know that certain large donors were taboo. Athletics was pretty much told to develop their own donors.

Look folks, here is the situation as for as donors go at UNT. I know because I used to work there! UNT has crossed the threshold of the 1 million dollar donor...a big step for a baby learning to crawl. We have now had several 1 million dollar donors over the last several years. WE HAVE NOT crossed into the promised land that some schools have been in for decades...the land of 10 million dollar donors and up.

Do we not have those kinds of alums out there? We certainly do, they just aren't that emotionally tied to UNT. You have got to have a STRONG relationship with alums for them to commit that kind of money...I mean, this is their grandkids money! If they aren't involved in the university when they are students, they won't be involved as alums with their money...it really is that simple. I personally think we are a long way from getting T-Bone Pickens type of donation. I have tried to raise money at UNT. It easy to get the go-away-money. It's not easy to get REALLY BIG MONEY.

A RESPONSE:

Don't make too much over a minor thing? Sorta' like the guy who said: Hey Joe, I hear you're not beating your wife as hard as you used to" sort of minor thing, TTG? :huh: So kick me in the groin and then say: Hey! I was just joking?

Yet I do hope that what you posted made you feel better and got whatever it is off your chest, TTG, since this is not our first exchange. You and I seem to really come from completely different backgrounds and (for certain) eras as far as our UNT football experience is concerned. Funny how on this board what seems funny to some isn't to others; for instance, I didn't think all the gay-themed posts and innuendos from one of our posters toward one of the best UNT receivers in our history was never funny at all, either, although some on GMG.com seemed to egg it right along.

BUT.............If you read all of my other post before you posted your response to it (with such amazing speed I must confess); ;anyway, you would have read that I take resposibility for my share of aimless chatter most of which I probably did out of total frustration of seeing Texas 4'th largest and projected to be 3'rd largest sooner than later; anyway, our university hardly acting like one of its size and scope as far as advancing its football program; and all that since (basically) my junior year, circa 1975, and the few years preceeding and following that football season which were memorable to many of us (at a higher profile). Those were the years that turned us into Mean Green fans. We thought the sky was the limit. For those who care to count, all the seasons since the one in 1975 is really a long time to ride a roller coaster and mostly stay disappointed with your alma mater's lack of progress in D1 football (with a 12 year detour in 1-AA which became yet another kick in the butt for all of us that had seen much better in the 1970's).

But for 30 plus years I have (as many others from my group) only wanted our alma mater try to grow, improve and advance itself from what many of us witnessed and experienced that 1975 football season at NTSU. Quite frankly, we have not always hired to be able to allow such to happen, but I do (as many do) see the Todd Dodge hire as most acceptable by most in what became a real coach's search compared to the last time we hired a HFC); anyway, Todd Dodge is very, very good start for a new era at UNT that will hopefully end up in a BCS Championship Bowl game.

Yet, all those post subject themes of mine you carefully picked out, TTG, rightly or wrongly were out of total frustration as an NT Ex who just thought our alma mater was just performing way below its potential with what also seemed to be way too many of our Exes/MG fans who seemed to be just laying down and accepting all that we were being given as an excuse for a NCAA D1-A football program.

It's been one helluva' roller coaster ride with so many from my era who years later after seeing no progress simply gave it up, stopped expressing interest or even their own disappointments (becaue they had lost all intereest as to do any of that) and then their jumping off this roller coaster ride because of what seemed to be continuous non-direction for way too long; so therefore, the frustration of many of the above listed subject themes which I will remind were during another completely different era with a HFC that may have been the quickest hire in NCAA D1-A history; in spite of what the UL AD said about their hiring of Kragthorpe having that distinction.

TTG, make that, uh, "6'th" generation Texan. :rolleyes:

Quite frankly, TTG, All Is Quiet On The Western Front (from my point of view). I never stay pissed for long and I never hang onto grudges (usually) anytime past the setting of the next evening's sun.

YET..............TTG............you do have great potential to take over my rather lengthy epistle-writing skills (?) as you take almost as long as I do to make a point or 2! ! ! :lol:

If I ran into you, the first drink would probably be on me (and then I'd pay for that drink, too):rolleyes:; but then the next one would be on you! :blink::) (just kiddin')

A PET PEAVE: I just don't like thread subject titles that say something like "Looks Like We Lost Another Recruit To ????????"....in fact, I am trying to understand why those would be posted in the first place. :huh: Do some actually receive joy out of seeing their own school losing key recruits and then headlining that fact? Such threads as that can always be placed as a post in one of numerous recruiting threads, but that's just my .02 on that subject. Maybe its just another generation gap thing or something as those seem to keep happening more frequent for me these days. :innocent:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

TTG, make that, uh, "6'th" generation Texan. :rolleyes:

Quite frankly, TTG, All Is Quiet On The Western Front (from my point of view). I never stay pissed for long and I never hang onto grudges (usually) anytime past the setting of the next evening's sun.

YET..............TTG............you do have great potential to take over my rather lengthy epistle-writing skills (?) as you take almost as long as I do to make a point or 2! ! ! :lol:

If I ran into you, the first drink would probably be on me (and then I'd pay for that drink, too) :rolleyes: ; but then the next one would be on you! :blink::) (just kiddin')

A PET PEAVE: I just don't like thread subject titles that say something like "Looks Like We Lost Another Recruit To ????????"....in fact, I am trying to understand why those would be posted in the first place. :huh: Do some actually receive joy out of seeing their own school losing key recruits and then headlining that fact? Such threads as that can always be placed as a post in one of numerous recruiting threads, but that's just my .02 on that subject. Maybe its just another generation gap thing or something as those seem to keep happening more frequent for me these days. :innocent:

I'd like to apologize if posting that we missed out on a recruit is a sin. There hadn't been any talk about Vizza in a week and new news arose so I posted it. I agree 110% that especially during recruiting season we need to limit negative comments and a long running post about how the new stadium may not happen defiantly belongs on a taboo list. Out side of that lets look at the fact we received from my count 7 new commitments in the past three days.

I'd like to apologize if posting that we missed out on a recruit is a sin. There hadn't been any talk about Vizza in a week and new news arose so I posted it. I agree 110% that especially during recruiting season we need to limit negative comments and a long running post about how the new stadium may not happen defiantly belongs on a taboo list. Out side of that lets look at the fact we received from my count 7 new commitments in the past three days.

Actually, NTPhiKap99, it's one of the "7" deadly sins! :lol::) Of course.....................not really..... :)

As I said about 4 or 5 posts ago, I don't like censorship anymore than the next fella' and I know we can't keep all things of a PollyAnna'ish nature on GMG.com and we are going to lose some recruits (and gain our share, too). What my main concern especially now under this new regime is that a year or so back one or two of you posted about how many recruits and even their parents are reading this board this time of year (maybe moreso than any other part of the year). We should all be at our best behaviour (which is something I need to work on at times, too).

Yet no one can really tell another what they can or cannot post. That would be quite absurd and presumptuous. Its just that we do have a new Mean Green HFC that many on this board (and beyond) actually talked about and wanted before he was hired at UNT (not always a UNT hiring practice of ours in the past most would agree). I think we all want Coach Dodge and his staff to have every possible recruiting advantage they can have in light of their late start with all they are recruiting.

And your report on the 7 new committments for UNT is a most welcome one, too, NTPhiKap99. Please let us all know when others commit to our bright new era of Mean Green football as well. Thanks in advance.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

this needs to be said.... some of you are nuts. seriously, some of you are crazy.

And probably those who have followed this MG roller coaster ride of non-stop "1 big step forward/3 big ones back" for 30 plus years have a reason to be a bit touched? :rolleyes::) If we had all those back who quit following all this Mean Green business on a permanent basis, many of you would wonder why we would ever talk of having less than a 50,000 seat stadium at the Mean Green Village. :o

Proceed with the procedure of the proceedings..............................(see what did I tell you about the touched part)? :D Actually, those who've been around all this much longer (and to quote Bill Blakely "have seen everthing at UNT except childbirth" may just have a bit more to post about than some of you newbies? :huh:

PS: Also, if some took all this way too serious they might just go over the edge. Always best to try to keep MG athletics as "the toy department of all our department stores we call life;" that is truly what many of us try to do. For those who don't, they will only get disappointed (or at least that has been the experience of many with many of that group who became our permanent "non fans" that in the past kept at least 15,000 Fouts Field seats empty most Game Days).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

i didn't even say WHO was crazy but somehow they figured it out.... note: if a person says "some of you are crazy" and you immediately think oh, he's talking to me... maybe you should just take a break for a while on this posting thing

Well, that was my experience as well. All I did was yell "we're getting out-coached" at a group of coaches, and for some reason, one of them thought that it was all about him. :rolleyes:

Well, that was my experience as well. All I did was yell "we're getting out-coached" at a group of coaches, and for some reason, one of them thought that it was all about him. :rolleyes:

Could it be that he was smarter than we give him creditfor being. After all he was at SMU for something like 8 years. Unfortunately he didn't learn anything about coaching football or anger management.

i didn't even say WHO was crazy but somehow they figured it out.... note: if a person says "some of you are crazy" and you immediately think oh, he's talking to me... maybe you should just take a break for a while on this posting thing

Oh my, Pandoras Box has now officially been opened, but you most likely have not traveled the same well traveled road many of us have since the 1970's, UNTSIG, and if you have, you may have very well been on a road less traveled. I know, pretty crazy idea there, too, but the book I hint about was pretty damn good read.

Well, unlike (apparently yourself) I am no shrink as to determine what is crazy or sane when it comes to the subject of UNT or UNT athletics, but I will say we have had some pretty damn crazy hirings up there post-Hayden Fry (which was the era that I became a Mean Green fan). Need proofof those "crazy" hirings? Check out any media guide from any varsity sport of the last 25 years and you'll get all the proof you need. I know, just more craziness a-goin' on with that harsh fact that will even piss off a few reading it, but sometimes the truth really cuts straight thru to the bone marrow, now doesn't it? Ouch! :o (crazy response, I know).

We Are A Product of Our Backgrounds? I am a disciple of Hayden Fry, I freely admit it and I've posted it non-stop much to the chagrin of those from UNT who have witnessed far less with their UNT experience. We've had many Fry wanna' be's in Denton but none that ever even came close. We each and every one hope new MG HFC Todd Dodge is our long awaited messiah (if you will) and that it Todd Dodge and his staff who breaks our multi-decade cycle of few high profile goals met and that he exceeds anything Hayden Fry ever did in Denton. Yet as most all know, that will only come if there are some impressive OOC wins, because doesn't that really seem to be the formula for mid-major coaches to get the Big Time U D1-A gigs, UNTSIG, or am I just being crazy with such a notion as that, too?

Funny how one man's crazy can some times be another man's sane now isn't it? Is it crazy for me to even respond to your craze-themed post in the first place? Probably, but I'm bored at the moment and UNT many times has been many of our's comic relief in recent years.

I am still trying to count (even with my terrifically bad math skills one of the Young Gun Alums says I have) :) how many past UNT HFC's are in the College Football Hall of Fame. Do you have a handle on that one, UNTSIG? FWIW, crazy as it seems.......I do. After all it was Fry's UNT success that gave him the golden opportunity to get an interview with Iowa and then get their HFC's gig in the first place; probably had something to do with the fact that some Fry-coached Mean Green football teams had some impressive OOC wins, ya' think, or is that just another crazy notion from an old fart NT alum? :)

FWIW, there are definite reasons that this football program up until now (in many ways) is no further along (from a competitive standpoint) against those schools that many would call "somebody" schools (not SBC wussies) than since my (good golly miss molly I hate to say this)----my, uh, junior year at NTSU for crissakes'! :blink: Now it is totally crazy and insane for any college football program to have that long a drought, now isn't it, and for UNT to keep hiring those in the past who would see to it that that drought would only continue, right? UNTSIG, maybe you just might want to venture of few of your own theories as to why all this craziness has taken place at our alma mater for several decades which may have (in deed) driven a few crazy? :(

We are who we are at UNT because of who we've hired post Hayden Fry era. I know, sheer unadulterated craziness with that statement, too, eh?

PS: UNTSIG, I think the total number of posts I've posted on GMG.com suggests that I may very well just keep on posting about any damn thing I have an opinion on when it concerns a school that I, too, graduated from and one that I have personally sent 300 plus future UNT students to enroll at last count from my tech school recruiting days when my school was not their answer.........................I know, only a crazy old fool would do something like that. But have you thought of this crazy idea............... maybe it's you who ought to think about not even reading PMG posts, eh? Some who can't hande reality internet have already said they do that. :rolleyes: Yet that could be a very sane-type thing for you to do if you can't handle all this unadulterated craziness you feel you are reading from my (and maybe even others) posts on GMG.com, eh? Funny thing is how many fellow alums have told thru the years that I seem to be mostly right on with what I have assessed about UNT athetics, but I am for damn sure not crazy enough to ever believe that! :o:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

"Oh my, Pandoras Box has now officially been opened, but you most likely have not traveled the same well traveled road many of us have since the 1970's, UNTSIG, and if you have, you may have very well been on a road less traveled. I know, pretty crazy idea there, too, but the book I hint about was pretty damn good read.

Well, unlike (apparently yourself) I am no shrink as to determine what is crazy or sane when it comes to the subject of UNT or UNT athletics, but I will say we have had some pretty damn crazy hirings up there post-Hayden Fry (which was the era that I became a Mean Green fan). Need proofof those "crazy" hirings? Check out any media guide from any varsity sport of the last 25 years and you'll get all the proof you need. I know, just more craziness a-goin' on with that harsh fact that will even piss off a few reading it, but sometimes the truth really cuts straight thru to the bone marrow, now doesn't it? Ouch! (crazy response, I know).

We Are A Product of Our Backgrounds? I am a disciple of Hayden Fry, I freely admit it and I've posted it non-stop much to the chagrin of those from UNT who have witnessed far less with their UNT experience. We've had many Fry wanna' be's in Denton but none that ever even came close. We each and every one hope new MG HFC Todd Dodge is our long awaited messiah (if you will) and that it Todd Dodge and his staff who breaks our multi-decade cycle of few high profile goals met and that he exceeds anything Hayden Fry ever did in Denton. Yet as most all know, that will only come if there are some impressive OOC wins, because doesn't that really seem to be the formula for mid-major coaches to get the Big Time U D1-A gigs, UNTSIG, or am I just being crazy with such a notion as that, too?

Funny how one man's crazy can some times be another man's sane now isn't it? Is it crazy for me to even respond to your craze-themed post in the first place? Probably, but I'm bored at the moment and UNT many times has been many of our's comic relief in recent years.

I am still trying to count (even with my terrifically bad math skills one of the Young Gun Alums says I have) how many past UNT HFC's are in the College Football Hall of Fame. Do you have a handle on that one, UNTSIG? FWIW, crazy as it seems.......I do. After all it was Fry's UNT success that gave him the golden opportunity to get an interview with Iowa and then get their HFC's gig in the first place; probably had something to do with the fact that some Fry-coached Mean Green football teams had some impressive OOC wins, ya' think, or is that just another crazy notion from an old fart NT alum?

FWIW, there are definite reasons that this football program up until now (in many ways) is no further along (from a competitive standpoint) against those schools that many would call "somebody" schools (not SBC wussies) than since my (good golly miss molly I hate to say this)----my, uh, junior year at NTSU for crissakes'! Now it is totally crazy and insane for any college football program to have that long a drought, now isn't it, and for UNT to keep hiring those in the past who would see to it that that drought would only continue, right? UNTSIG, maybe you just might want to venture of few of your own theories as to why all this craziness has taken place at our alma mater for several decades which may have (in deed) driven a few crazy?

We are who we are at UNT because of who we've hired post Hayden Fry era. I know, sheer unadulterated craziness with that statement, too, eh?

PS: UNTSIG, I think the total number of posts I've posted on GMG.com suggests that I may very well just keep on posting about any damn thing I have an opinion on when it concerns a school that I, too, graduated from and one that I have personally sent 300 plus future UNT students to enroll at last count from my tech school recruiting days when my school was not their answer.........................I know, only a crazy old fool would do something like that. But have you thought of this crazy idea............... maybe it's you who ought to think about not even reading PMG posts, eh? Some who can't hande reality internet have already said they do that. Yet that could be a very sane-type thing for you to do if you can't handle all this unadulterated craziness you feel you are reading from my (and maybe even others) posts on GMG.com, eh? Funny thing is how many fellow alums have told thru the years that I seem to be mostly right on with what I have assessed about UNT athetics, but I am for damn sure not crazy enough to ever believe that!"

can we mark this as evidence 1A?

"Oh my, Pandoras Box has now officially been opened, but you most likely have not traveled the same well traveled road many of us have since the 1970's, UNTSIG, and if you have, you may have very well been on a road less traveled. I know, pretty crazy idea there, too, but the book I hint about was pretty damn good read.

Well, unlike (apparently yourself) I am no shrink as to determine what is crazy or sane when it comes to the subject of UNT or UNT athletics, but I will say we have had some pretty damn crazy hirings up there post-Hayden Fry (which was the era that I became a Mean Green fan). Need proofof those "crazy" hirings? Check out any media guide from any varsity sport of the last 25 years and you'll get all the proof you need. I know, just more craziness a-goin' on with that harsh fact that will even piss off a few reading it, but sometimes the truth really cuts straight thru to the bone marrow, now doesn't it? Ouch! (crazy response, I know).

I am still trying to count (even with my terrifically bad math skills one of the Young Gun Alums says I have) how many past UNT HFC's are in the College Football Hall of Fame. Do you have a handle on that one, UNTSIG? FWIW, crazy as it seems.......I do. After all it was Fry's UNT success that gave him the golden opportunity to get an interview with Iowa and then get their HFC's gig in the first place; probably had something to do with the fact that some Fry-coached Mean Green football teams had some impressive OOC wins, ya' think, or is that just another crazy notion from an old fart NT alum?

FWIW, there are definite reasons that this football program up until now (in many ways) is no further along (from a competitive standpoint) against those schools that many would call "somebody" schools (not SBC wussies) than since my (good golly miss molly I hate to say this)----my, uh, junior year at NTSU for crissakes'! Now it is totally crazy and insane for any college football program to have that long a drought, now isn't it, and for UNT to keep hiring those in the past who would see to it that that drought would only continue, right? UNTSIG, maybe you just might want to venture of few of your own theories as to why all this craziness has taken place at our alma mater for several decades which may have (in deed) driven a few crazy?

PS: UNTSIG, I think the total number of posts I've posted on GMG.com suggests that I may very well just keep on posting about any damn thing I have an opinion on when it concerns a school that I, too, graduated from and one that I have personally sent 300 plus future UNT students to enroll at last count from my tech school recruiting days when my school was not their answer.........................I know, only a crazy old fool would do something like that. But have you thought of this crazy idea............... maybe it's you who ought to think about not even reading PMG posts, eh? Some who can't hande reality internet have already said they do that. Yet that could be a very sane-type thing for you to do if you can't handle all this unadulterated craziness you feel you are reading from my (and maybe even others) posts on GMG.com, eh? Funny thing is how many fellow alums have told thru the years that I seem to be mostly right on with what I have assessed about UNT athetics, but I am for damn sure not crazy enough to ever believe that!"

can we mark this as evidence 1A?

They're coming to take me away "ha-ha" to the funny farm where life is fun. (Crazy but funny song from the 60's).

OK...................I WILL CONFESS TO ALL...............I AM CRAZY AND FULLY ADMIT IT! BUT I AM HOPING THE TODD DODGE ERA HELPS ME (AND OTHERS OF MY FELLOW-CRAZIES--MOST FROM MY ERA) REGAIN OUR SANITY BEFORE WE ALL GO TO THAT FUNNY FARM IN THE SKY AND ALL OUR HOPES FOR A SCHOOL THAT HONEST-TO-GOODNESS LOST ITS WAY WITH NCAA FOOTBALL THAT WOULD HAVE ANY SEMBLANCE OF A HIGHER PROFILE CO-EXISTANCE ALMOST FROM THE VERY MINUTE HAYDEN FRY RESIGNED HIS JOB IN DENTON. Note: Many of us think Todd Dodge will change much for the better although there are some of us who think we stumbled into that hire truth be known but what the heck we'll still take it--I toast all who stumble into falling into the right decisions, especially when it concerns UNT. I think many of us think we need to stumble into even further hires, though. :rolleyes:

TO YOU WHO HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AT UNT POST-FRY, YOU DON'T WON'T TO HEAR ANY OF THAT, BUT'S ITS THE GOSPEL TRUTH, '88, AND I THINK YOU, TOO, ARE AN EX UNT EMPLOYEE, RIGHT? :rolleyes:

SO THAT'S ALL FROM THE FUNNY FARM OUT HERE IN PARKER COUNTY--WHERE THE WEST REALLY BEGINS (with all apologies to Fort Worth). :P

HAVE A NICE YET CRAZY SORTA' DAY! :blink::)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen