NORTH TEXAS VS. LA TECH

UNT_playmaker

Hey you guys, I dont know about you but Im feeling pretty excited about the La Tech game coming up on Nov 4....Been talking with some friends and classmates and they all told me they are down for tailgating and partying before the game...

Just news of us playing a known OOC opponent and people will come no matter what our record is for the season

Actually in all reality this is a NT WIN AGAINST LA TECH they are not nearly as good as they were last season....huge indicators of what to expect will be in their next three games against...Idaho, Utah State, and San Diego State, teams that we played in the SBC (except SDS of course)....

But yeah you guys.....looking forward to the La Tech game, should get alot of Tech fans out there at Fouts, nice brisk November day BBQ, cold drinks, and hot girls everywhere, damn im going to miss football season

great chance to win a big OOC game for the CUSA officials....

THATS RIGHT CUSA WE BEAT SMU AND WILL BEAT LA TECH, WHAT YA THINK OF THAT, HUH.....Can you please send us an invitation to your conference, pretty pretty please??????????

---I doubt that LaTech is any better known that we are..... ( too many here underestimate how well we are known nationally ).... I think it might do it get the attention of those teams in CUSA some which could be helpful in the long-run. Defeating any non-BCS team isn't going to help us much otherwise as for as getting national attention. Personally I don't think the present WAC nationally is considered a lot better than the Sunbelt. Other than some PAC-10 teams they play few BCIS teams, we may play more than they do and except for the remotely located Boise State probably do as well.

---The Akron loss is beginning to look bad, That demonstrates what can happen when we getting behind very quickly and then get down on yourselves. We didn't have a good history of coming from behind. Perhaps the FIU game will help that "mindset" some because came from bsehind and hung in there in OT. We probably should have won the Akron one.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Its true La Tech is down this year, but given their schedule it's pretty much expected they would have the record they have. We'll get a better read on them after this week when they play Idaho. I'm going to have to see a LOT more from NT before I think this game will be close. With my wife being a Tech grad it will sure make for a long week if we get blown out again. I got lucky last year in that we had just had a baby girl the week before the game so she didn't pay much attention to the score!

Agreed!!! Losing this game though would be devastating. So this game is pretty much a must win. I would also say a must win by a good margin. But then again, a win is a win right  dry.gif

If that is the case and La Tech is a must win, they I would assume that since they are ranked above all of the rest of the teams we play, then ALL of the remaining games are must win.

and losing this OOC game wil  kill the last of the momentum picked up from the SMUT win.

BTW the Akron loss is looking worse and worse as the weeks wind on.  ohmy.gif

We had Akron beat had we not blown it on special teams. The 2 TDs resulting from KR and the TD off turn over in the first lost it for us. Remember we almost came back to beat them even after all that.