We suck....It's that simple.

Talon90

Coach Dickey said "He didn't have them ready to play"

How many more times do we have to hear this!!! Are you kiddding me???? mad.gif

For the new fans, this is a broken record.

This game was a joke. The second half was against an Akron team that called off of the dogs. We should have lost by 60!!!

Two times we have the ball inside the 10 and can't score??????????? Are you kidding me?????

I have no idea what will do in the Belt but the Akron and Tulsa games were flat out embarrasing!!! I didn't expect to win but AT LEAST be competitive!!!!

I have defended Coach Dickey for the last time. I am done.

I am frustrated beyond belief.

This sums it up from a Toledo fan (PhD student @ Akron) that was in attendance:

"Alright, I finally made it to my first game at the Rubber Bowl. A few guys from the history department tagged along and our initial thoughts was that this was a glorified high school game. I know that will upset plenty of you, but it's not really Akron's fault. North Texas was a horrible opponent, absolutely bad. Throw in a small and dead crowd, a few thousand students, and that's why it felt like 2 high school teams were going at each other.

I hope Akron gets a stadium on campus in the next 5 years because having our conference champs playing in front of that small of a crowd is embarassing for the conference. Sorry if that upsets several of you, and I wish there was a quick solution to this problem.

The game was not all that bad but North Texas really sucked and Akron's lack of effort in the 2nd half only made things worse. Throw in 2 blocked punts, a missed 24 yd FG and 2 extra points, and this game certainly was not one I'd rank in my top 10. I wish Akron the best of luck the rest of the way except for that date in Toledo."

Akron Board

How many more times do we have to hear this!!!  Are you kiddding me???? mad.gif

I turned on the game, we were down by 20+ and I immediately turned it off. The above quotes are why DD should be gone. He never has the team ready to play, and this has been going on for 9 years. One great recruiting class resulted in a few good years. DD can't get it done.

I turned on the game, we were down by 20+ and I immediately turned it off.  The above quotes are why DD should be gone.  He never has the team ready to play, and this has been going on for 9 years.  One great recruiting class resulted in a few good years.  DD can't get it done.

I can't imagine the look on my manager's face if I ever went to him and said "Look, sorry my group messed up so badly today - I just didn't have my group ready to work". Dickey is so freakin' frustrating - why can't he act like he cares?

"Didn't have the team ready to play today... la-de-da, whoop-de-do, we have such a young team... ho-hum, skip-to-my-loo, did I mention that all of our kids are under 30 years old and are very young?... ho-hum"

I've tried so hard to support this guy and his staff - this is becoming very, very hard to do.

The real games are now over for this season, except for La Tech. I'm sorry I paid $9.95 to watch that mess. My son and wife laughed at me that I wanted to watch a NT game on streaming video, or that I wanted to watch a NT game period...

Back to DD's FantasyLand....the SBC....Let the pretend 1-A teams and games begin! dry.gif

Edited by NT80

The real games are now over for this season, except for La Tech.  I'm sorry I paid $9.95 to watch that mess.  My son and wife laughed at me that I wanted to watch a NT game on streaming video, or that I wanted to watch a NT game period...

Back to DD's FantasyLand....the SBC....Let the pretend 1-A teams and games begin!  dry.gif

Well put

How many more times do we have to hear this!!!  Are you kiddding me???? mad.gif

This game was a joke.  The second half was against an Akron team that called off of the dogs.  We should have lost by 60!!!

Two times we have the ball inside the 10 and can't score???????????  Are you kidding me?????

I have no idea what will do in the Belt but the Akron and Tulsa games were flat out embarrasing!!!  I didn't expect to win but AT LEAST be competitive!!!!

I have defended Coach Dickey for the last time.  I am done.

I am frustrated beyond belief.

I, like you and so many others are so incredibly tired of the "I didn't have our team ready" by Darrell "keep 8 men in the box" Dickey. It is like a broken record excuse by him every time we get embarrassed. AND the sorriness of that statement, is that is what he says and has been saying for NINE (9) years. Are you serious? NINE years we have had to hear "I just didn't have the team ready". Sick.