To me, I think the future looks bright !

calvin

I may be saying something different after this weekend but judging after 2 weeks, I think the future is bright. I may be wrong but isnt every starter coming back on defense ? The secondary is locked down for a long time and I cant say enough about our young corners, those kids can play. I saw Korey Washington play in high school and I was estatic that he came here and he is looking like a player. It seems like the class we signed last year is going to be a good class.

Offensively we will have a lot of people back next year and you cant coach experience. Have we ever figured out if Woody has 3 years or 2 years remaining ? I think this year in recruiting we will go sign some skill kids with some speed and load up at RB and WR.

By the way what has happened to Brock Stickler I have heard nothing about him ?

My understanding is that Woody has 3 years left including this one. If we keep him healthy he could be something else. I for one haven't given up on Danny and Matt either. I'd love to see all three improve and get better as the season progresses. If we could solidify the quarterback position (all three still have 2years + of eligibility left) it would help us step up to another level.

I am also estatic about the corners. They are very young and talented.

It's early but I would like to see us focus our recruiting efforts on the offensive line especially with Foster and Lineberry graduating after this season.

According to the roster, we lose Pruitt, Graves, Early, Carter, Ransom, and Starks on defense. A couple of pretty significant losses, but it really is amazing how young our defense is. Bodes VERY well for the future. Also, I too would like to get a look at Stickler and see if he has what it takes to be a starter at WR. With Quinn, Muzzy, and Nwigwe being seniors, we may soon have major needs at that position. I still think that we should start developing Meager at wideout. He's a sophomore with good hands and speed, and with Tune coming in next year, we will hopefully be set at QB for the next few years.

I saw Woody was listed as a Junior in the program and also wondered about his years remaining for football. I think he partially redshirted in JC because of injury, not sure if he lost/kept that year.

Brock Stickler was injured during fall practice and I saw him holding the down marker on the sidelines during the scrimmages. Tough kid, I'd like to see him back out there again soon. Not sure of the injury and time out, foot or shoulder maybe?

Love our corners and I think Warren is coming along at safety. The secondary as a whole has exceeded my expectations this year. I hate to see Graves leave, Pruitt has been very steady the last two years, but to me Starks has been a big disappointment, as has Ransom. I don't feel so bad about losing Graves and Early considering how our other LB's have played to this point.

What's the chance of Muzzy being granted his redshirt that was denied due to his knee injury two years ago? Seems many players get additional eligibility with similar situations.

I love that our recent recruits are playing so well and proving the nay-sayers wrong. I am really impressed with the class from last year and look forward to seeing this year's recruits develop in the next year or two. I would like to see DD concentrate on OL, RB and WR.

I had/still have high hopes for Rexrode and Stickler. Illuvious/Harry, any thought on these two?

Do they list a player's class by college course hours completed or football eligibility?

Usually sports information will list them by thier eligibility.

For example here is DM.

He first year was 2004. He redshirted.

In 2005 he would have been a sophmore, but for football he was a redshirt freshman.

This year, he is a junior, but for football is considered a redshirt sophmore.

My understanding is that Woody has 3 years left including this one.  If we keep him healthy he could be something else.  I for one haven't given up on Danny and Matt either.  I'd love to see all three improve and get better as the season progresses.  If we could solidify the quarterback position (all three still have 2years + of eligibility left) it would help us step up to another level.

I am also estatic about the corners.  They are very young and talented. 

It's early but I would like to see us focus our recruiting efforts on the offensive line especially with  Foster and Lineberry graduating after this season.

NT recruited 4 OL last year 2-JC's and 2 fr. Stanley...a JC All American was a bust, Carlson a TE, OL I believe is playing,

Drake..a fr is 2nd team Center and the other OL is 6-3, 340...and a slug of DL, DE, TE players some of which

According to the roster, we lose Pruitt, Graves, Early, Carter, Ransom, and Starks on defense. A couple of pretty significant losses, but it really is amazing how young our defense is. Bodes VERY well for the future. Also, I too would like to get a look at Stickler and see if he has what it takes to be a starter at WR. With Quinn, Muzzy, and Nwigwe being seniors, we may soon have major needs at that position. I still think that we should start developing Meager at wideout. He's a sophomore with good hands and speed, and with Tune coming in next year, we will hopefully be set at QB for the next few years.

What's the story of the QB Tune? I have seen him mentioned here and there.

Edited by chrisfisher

Guest GrayEagleOne

Just checked both participation reports, and didn't see Banks' anem anywhere?  Is this right  I thought he was fighting his way into the starting O-line.

He's still there, just not playing. He's the backup to Lineberry, who probably won't come out until we have a 30 point lead with a quarter to go.

To chrisfisher,

Nathan Tune quarterbacked Celina to a state championship and decided to walk-on here. He was given a scholarship in the first week. He was also arguably the best quarterback in the Texas High School All-Star Game this past summer. He has good size (6-3, 195) and speed. Of course, he's not as fast as Woody Wilson (not many are) but he's pretty fast nonetheless. He still has a lot to learn but he was picking things up pretty fast in the fall workouts.

He's still there, just not playing.  He's the backup to Lineberry, who probably won't come out until we have a 30 point lead with a quarter to go.

To chrisfisher,

Nathan Tune quarterbacked Celina to a state championship and decided to walk-on here.  He was given a scholarship in the first week.  He was also arguably the best quarterback in the Texas High School All-Star Game this past summer.  He has good size (6-3, 195) and speed.  Of course, he's not as fast as Woody Wilson (not many are) but he's pretty fast nonetheless.  He still has a lot to learn but he was picking things up pretty fast in the fall workouts.

Ideal scenario...Wilson as a 3 year starter. Tune redshirts this year, than after Woody graduates he takes over for 2 years.

He's still there, just not playing.  He's the backup to Lineberry, who probably won't come out until we have a 30 point lead with a quarter to go.

To chrisfisher,

Nathan Tune quarterbacked Celina to a state championship and decided to walk-on here.  He was given a scholarship in the first week.  He was also arguably the best quarterback in the Texas High School All-Star Game this past summer.  He has good size (6-3, 195) and speed.  Of course, he's not as fast as Woody Wilson (not many are) but he's pretty fast nonetheless.  He still has a lot to learn but he was picking things up pretty fast in the fall workouts.

thanks for the personal response! Tune sounds good. These are really exciting times at the QB position!!!