Attitude

BleedGreen64

"I would hate to be North Texas. I think TU will come out pissed off and ready to kill somebody this saturday. Coach K will get after the guys this week in practice and have them ready to play next weekend. I have no idea what the line will be, but my early prediction is Tulsa wins by 17."

TU will be fired up. Will we still be celebrating?

Tomorrow (Mondat) ias a new day and we MUST forget SMU and prepare!!!!

Anybody been to a game at Tulsa? I heard somewhere that their stadium has little or no parking so you have to park on the streets. Any tailgating planned? I couldn't find anything on the website.

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2

The best place is north of the stadium. parking sucks and what ever you do dont park at taco bell they will tow your car. Look for the white haired guy set up at the northeast endzone parking lot. That would be my stepdad and my brothers father they should have cold beer hot dogs and burgers. So if you see a white haired guy cooking over there ask him if he is Woody tell him Brian sent you!!!!!! HE WILL HAVE A COLD BUD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN BEAT TULSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And always remember Tulsa ALWAYS follows a good year with a bad one.

I went to the TU/Minnesota game last year and after driving aroudn through neightborhoods already lined with cars finally found a place to park. There aren't any cash lots near the stadium that I could find, it seems like everyone just fills up the neighborhoods around the campus. And about that area....um.....just be careful wink.gif

Found this -

History Of Golden Hurricane

A Hurricane In Tulsa?

The origination of The University of Tulsa nickname - Golden Hurricane - came in 1922. A new football coach, Howard Acher, came to town and inherited a slew of nicknames dating back to 1895.

Past Tulsa teams were referred to as Kendallites, Presbyterians, Tigers, Orange and Black, and Tulsans. In the fall of 1922, the team nickname was "Yellow Jackets," which was apparently due to the fact that the team was wearing new black and yellow uniforms instead of the traditional orange and black.

The team opened the season and it was apparent that Tulsa was going to have a great year, and trying to seize some publicity for his team, Acher wanted to find a new nickname quickly.

After a remark was made in practice one day about "roaring through opponents," and because of their new jersey colors, he thought of Golden Tornadoes. However, he quickly found out that the name had been taken by Georgia Tech a few years earlier. From the tornado, he evolved meteorologically to the hurricane. A few days before the team left for a game against Texas A&M, Archer asked the squad to vote on the name, and thus "Golden Hurricane" was born.

The wind does blow in Tulsa -

It's Tulsa's homecoming Saturday so parking will be difficult.

Found this -

History Of Golden Hurricane

A Hurricane In Tulsa?

The origination of The University of Tulsa nickname - Golden Hurricane - came in 1922. A new football coach, Howard Acher, came to town and inherited a slew of nicknames dating back to 1895.

Past Tulsa teams were referred to as Kendallites, Presbyterians, Tigers, Orange and Black, and Tulsans. In the fall of 1922, the team nickname was "Yellow Jackets," which was apparently due to the fact that the team was wearing new black and yellow uniforms instead of the traditional orange and black.

The team opened the season and it was apparent that Tulsa was going to have a great year, and trying to seize some publicity for his team, Acher wanted to find a new nickname quickly.

After a remark was made in practice one day about "roaring through opponents," and because of their new jersey colors, he thought of Golden Tornadoes. However, he quickly found out that the name had been taken by Georgia Tech a few years earlier. From the tornado, he evolved meteorologically to the hurricane. A few days before the team left for a game against Texas A&M, Archer asked the squad to vote on the name, and thus "Golden Hurricane" was born.

The wind does blow in Tulsa -

It's Tulsa's homecoming Saturday so parking will be difficult.

Good find. I think stories like that are great. Talk about an ass-backwards way to end up with a mascot. I LOVE IT! That's the type of thing tradition can be built around.

I wish I could make this game. Any regional TV broadcasts of this game?