Is Lack of Discipline DD’s Trademark?

El Paso Eagle

I hate NT fans like you.

Are you so proud of your "same team different year" comment that you think it deserves to be the start of two posts? This isn't the same team. This is a much better team.

Why would I ever want to listen to someone who doesn't know the difference between to and too? You can't even spell ridiculous. Did you go to college? or do you live under I35?

Edited by SeanMG

Our penalties have been 1 incidental facemask, 2 offsides, 1 late hit and 2 pass interference, i believe. We're playing the defending champs.....give them a break. They are trying to make plays. I haven't seen anything that just screams stupidity at me. Relax...it's the first game of the season......Let the YOUNG DEFENSE learn....

I hate NT fans like you.

Are you so proud of your "same team different year" comment that you think it deserves to be the start of two posts?  This isn't the same team.  This is a much better team.

Why would I ever want to listen to someone who doesn't know the difference between to and too?  You can't even spell ridiculous.  Did you go to college?  or do you live under I35?

It's not a much better team, but it is the same ole coach and plays.

I hate NT fans like you.

Are you so proud of your "same team different year" comment that you think it deserves to be the start of two posts?  This isn't the same team.  This is a much better team.

Why would I ever want to listen to someone who doesn't know the difference between to and too?

Hey Skippy -

How long have you been supporting the Mean Green?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people come on board and want to make comments regarding how someone feels about the team (guess your one of those who favors censorship). Then the next thing you know you never see another post from them. No one is saying the team is not going to be better, hell based on last year’s performance that will not be a monumental task. The fact is under DD reign we have been very, very penalized and this has been very costly. So hate me all you want but I’m willing to bet that Bowler and I will be around a lot longer then you.

Hey Skippy -

How long have you been supporting the Mean Green?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people come on board and want to make comments regarding how someone feels about the team (guess your one of those who favors censorship). Then the next thing you know you never see another post from them. No one is saying the team is not going to be better, hell based on last year’s performance that will not be a monumental task. The fact is under DD reign we have been very, very penalized and this has been very costly. So hate me all you want but I’m willing to bet that Bowler and I will be around a lot longer then you.

It's irrelevant. What is wrong is that they actually are playing quite disciplined today, despite your rather hysterical claim. It hasn't been a flag fest.. I saw a couple of first game, sophomore and freshman mistakes, but UT even made a couple of those. I do agree that the team has been undisciplined in the past, but not today.

I didn't just now find this forum, Ive been a member since 04. Im from Denton and I currently live in Denton. In the past years I've just never had the desire to join in the pessimism that is the GMG forum.

This year however, Ive decided that you "old" bitchy forum troll's era is finished. Ill be here making replies to every negative comment I can keep up with. Yes keep up with, because there are so many of them.

It seems to me that when I see a positive comment full of spirit for UNT it's someone with few posts that hasnt been scared off by the "I have 15000 posts" dickheads that are always here replying. Anything positive said on this forum is always followed by someone hating.

Ill be around long after you are gone. Go find somewhere else to get the psychological ego boost that you need by pushing other people around and pretending that you know best.

TOUCHDOWN UNT! This is a better team.

Amen!

If all you want to do is complain and power trip then just move along.  We don't need you as a fan and nor do we want you.

Wow, another "fan" who has decided who "we" need and don't want. No wonder we have the fan base we do when people continue to tell others "if you don't agree with us we don't need or want you"

preach on Brother (from a different mother)

the negativity on this board is sickening. Woodrow just led UNT 80 yds for a touchdown against Texas 1st team defense (for the most part). Only a blind man who heard the score would say "same team, different year" (let alone twice).

we all know score doesn't reflect game in alot of cases; and this is one. 35-7 half way through the third not only sounds better than 2 years ago, it reflects a pumped up defense and an offense with some swagger.

this board is for fans, those who support NT athletics and the school. Coaches, players and parents read this board to get updates and see what we are talking about. your negativity affects everyone. we don't need your input

bring SMU on and here's to winning the SBC AGAIN!!

I am not sure why the lack of Discipline surprises anyone on here or anyone that has watched Dickey ball for any length of time. It doesn't bother him.

As for this being the same ole team.....95 yards of offense in a D1 game reguardless of who you are playing sucks. If my mind serves me correctly, the last time we played UT we had more than 95 yards.

Guys remember now this a no B***hing zone no matter how bad the team plays. i mean come on we only got beat by 49 points and did not even amass 100 yds of offense. That is awesome in my books. I hope your happy with the production of the team today SeanMG, just the type of fan I want for my team, someone who embraces mediocrity. Instead wanting to be like MT State who beat Colorado or Idaho and La. Tech who actually gave their teams a fight on the road. rolleyes.gif

Edited by untbowler

People, 58 penalty yards is not bad. Especially when the pass interference in the end zone was questionable, young D-linemen got caught by hard counts when playing the national champions in front of 85,000 people, there was an unintentional facemask, etc.... This game is not the "same ole", as there was only one personal foul, which set us back a whole foot or so. When there are valid reasons to criticize the coaches, such as taking Wilson out of the game after our one good possession, why complain about something that was actually a vast improvement over what we have seen for the past few years?

Guys remember now this a no B***hing zone no matter how bad the team plays. i mean come on we only got beat by 49 points and did not even amass 100 yds of offense. That is awesome in my books. I hope your happy with the production of the team today SeanMG, just the type of fan I want for my team, someone who embraces mediocrity.  rolleyes.gif

No doubt, people have such low expectations now you would think we were below D1aa all the way to DII. Its hard to believe we play NCAA D1a Football.

Maybe these are the folks that want a white fuzzy rodent as their mascot.