Will the UT vs UNT game be televised?

Microxot

A good thing.  wink.gif

I could be a good thing. keep it close for a little while, keep people interested. UT's offense wont be ready to go right out the gates, takes a little while. I imagine we will get a healthy does of Young and Charles for the first few plays. Oh and Melton, what a monster.

Anyways, I thought it was a good thing to have us on FSN for the OU game back in 03.. our defense looked pretty good at times, and had our offense not been so inept, we might have made a better game of that one.

I could be a good thing. keep it close for a little while, keep people interested. UT's offense wont be ready to go right out the gates, takes a little while. I imagine we will get a healthy does of Young and Charles for the first few plays. Oh and Melton, what a monster.

Put it this way: Any and all TV exposure for UNT's program is a good thing. It doesn't matter if UT wins 95-0, IMO.

UNT will be on every major market TV news station in the nation on Sat night, as well as ESPN, and that's only a positive. Doesn't matter what the score will be.

The Texas game helps the program, helps recruiting, helps the school's visibility. smile.gif

Fox Sports Southwest

Anybody know what channel that is on DirectTV?

Nevermind, I found the game being shown on 620, 624, 630,634, 636,637,638,642,643,645,647,649,651,652,654.

HOPEFULLy one of those channels is part of my package (crossing my fingers).

Burl

Edited by Microxot

Put it this way:  Any and all TV exposure for UNT's program is a good thing.  It doesn't matter if UT wins 95-0, IMO. 

UNT will be on every major market TV news station in the nation on Sat night, as well as ESPN, and that's only a positive.  Doesn't matter what the score will be. 

The Texas game helps the program, helps recruiting, helps the school's visibility.  smile.gif

Hopefully we can get OUR battle flag on TV. Anybody going to the game that has one (RICK?!?!?) please wave it as much as possible!

That means that quite a few people will have the opportunity to watch us take on Texas.  Is that a good or a bad thing?

----Absolutely a good thing...... alot of people will hear the North Texas name and realize we are a major university......Almost every university would lose to UT and most would get stomped most likely. UT hammered Univ of Colorado 70-3 last year in the "BIG-XII CHAMPIONSHIP Game''. If we lose to UT, it is not the end of world-- most people would and would lose big.. How many people will hear about Lamar or UT-Arlington next week. About no-one!! They once had decent football programs but messed up and dropped it.

---Having said that... Good luck in Austin... Go North Texas.!!!!

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I know the game will be on here in Arizona, starting at 9am. Fox Sports Southwest will be providing it. Since the game opens the college season for most people I expect a lot of viewers here. I'll plan to go out before the game with my NT shirt on. After the game, .....well, we'll have to see! rolleyes.gif

----Absolutely a good thing...... alot of people will hear the North Texas name and realize we are a major university......Almost every university would lose to UT and most would get stomped most likely.  UT hammered Univ of Colorado 70-3 last year in the  "BIG-XII CHAMPIONSHIP  Game''.  If we lose to UT, it is not the end of world-- most people would and would lose big..  How many people will hear about Lamar or UT-Arlington next week. About no-one!!    They once had decent football programs but messed up and dropped it.

---Having said that... Good luck in Austin... Go North Texas.!!!!

I agree that losing to the defending national champion is no disgrace. Losing to an SMU team that figures to be thrashed by TT in the home opener would be disgraceful to say the least!!! Take that you horse huggers!!

I get the game here in Maryland on my local sports channel!

I'm watching the game and then going to see the Terps destroy William & Mary- man I'm excited!!!!!

Are the Terps playing NT at some time???

I guess you can get away with playing a school like W&M if you play in the ACC. Tough schedule, even with 1-2 I-AA opponents.