Tulsa World article on Tim Patton

OldTimer

Guest GrayEagleOne

Can he throw a deep ball?  Hmmmmm....

Do the Strength & Conditioning coaches monitor their programs?

I hope that Nick Foster doesn't report as a svelte linebacker.

I still don't understand why the coaching staff would do this, or allow this. Does he have the speed to move to D-end. It sounded as though this kid was a monster at DT. Didn't he average something like 15 tackles a game in the playoffs. It would have been nice if he had gotten down to 275 and stopped and then put on the weight once here. That way he could have stayed at DT. For DE it would have been good to stop at 245-250. NOT 225!! Once again as others said. For now he is another undersized line prospect. I would love to hear the coaching staffs reasoning for this.

I still don't understand why the coaching staff would do this, or allow this. Does he have the speed to move to D-end. It sounded as  though this kid was a monster at DT. Didn't he average something like 15 tackles a game in the playoffs. It would have been nice if he had gotten down to 275 and stopped and then put on the weight once here. That way he could have stayed at DT. For DE it would have been good to stop at 245-250. NOT 225!! Once again as others said. For now he is another undersized line prospect. I would love to hear the coaching staffs reasoning for this.

Also, imagine the wieght he will lose during two a days as well as through out the season.

Any word on how he did in the game?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsStory.asp?...p_B7_FOOTB17780

As a matter of fact, Patton is featured sacking the QB at the top of the story.

user posted image

East Central defensive lineman Tim Patton sacks Washington (Okla.) quarterback Tanner Roberson deep in West territory in the first quarter of Friday's All-State Football Game.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I still don't understand why the coaching staff would do this, or allow this. Does he have the speed to move to D-end. It sounded as  though this kid was a monster at DT. Didn't he average something like 15 tackles a game in the playoffs. It would have been nice if he had gotten down to 275 and stopped and then put on the weight once here. That way he could have stayed at DT. For DE it would have been good to stop at 245-250. NOT 225!! Once again as others said. For now he is another undersized line prospect. I would love to hear the coaching staffs reasoning for this.

No time to push the panic button yet. If he dropped this much weight that fast, it wasn't muscle! Losing that much fat is only going to make him much quicker and greatly increase his endurance. That is a dramatic weight loss, but remember he's just an incomming freshman. He has lots of time to put that back on by building muscle in the weight room.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsStory.asp?...p_B7_FOOTB17780

As a matter of fact, Patton is featured sacking the QB at the top of the story.

user posted image

East Central defensive lineman Tim Patton sacks Washington (Okla.) quarterback Tanner Roberson deep in West territory in the first quarter of Friday's All-State Football Game.

Rick

That is most certainly a guy who has lost some weight.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'm just curious but if Patton played for East Central High in Tulsa and the East squad in the all-star game, then why is there a big 'S' on the side of his helmet?

I'm just curious but if Patton played for East Central High in Tulsa and the East squad in the all-star game, then why is there a big 'S' on the side of his helmet?

Superman baby!!! He's got himself a nickname before he ever stepped foot on campus. Tim "Superman" Patton

It's one of those all-star games where you put on all the different logos of other schools.