Akron Game Time Finalized

DoubleEagle

I have been tinkering with the idea of going to this game. Not an easy place to get to in my oppinion but I really have a hunger for seeing us play ANYONE else outside C-USA as a OOC that isn't a BCS program and Akron is as good as it's going to get.

Southwest Airlines is currently showing a roundtrip fair to Columbus OH from D/FW for September 23rd for $392. That price also includes all the fees and taxes. Then it would be a car rental to make the 108 mile drive to Akron from Columbus.

It's a possibility, not sure just yet for me.

Rick

I have been tinkering with the idea of going to this game.  Not an easy place to get to in my oppinion but I really have a hunger for seeing us play ANYONE else outside C-USA as a OOC that isn't a BCS program and Akron is as good as it's going to get.

Southwest Airlines is currently showing a roundtrip fair to Columbus OH from D/FW for September 23rd for $392.  That price also includes all the fees and taxes.  Then it would be a car rental to make the 108 mile drive to Akron from Columbus.

It's a possibility, not sure just yet for me.

Rick

I think it would be less expensive ($300 rt) and would involve less driving if you bought American Airlines ticket for Pittsburgh.

A better bet would be to find which airline offers the least expensive "last minute deal' the week preceding the game.

There may still be even cheaper ways through those airline ticket "bidding" web sites where you make an offer for leftover seats and fly stand-by. A son of one of my co-workers just flew round-trip to Chicago on American Airlines that way for $29 total. He went with friends to Chicago to see a band perform at a club.

I'll probably go. This is about as close as the Mean Green get to where I live. It's about 500 miles (8-9 hour drive or a short flight into Cleveland). Aside from the SMU game and the New Orleans bowl (the power of positive thinking!) this is probably my only other opportunity to see the 2006 squad in person. I have toyed with the idea of one of the Florida games....we'll see how that pans out.

Keith

For those who are thinking of traveling to see this game the Akron website is reporting the game time has been set.

http://gozips.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spe.../062106aaa.html

GO MEAN GREEN!!

I live on the East Coast so I'll probably go to the Akron game. I'm still hurting from flying in for the Tulsa game last year- man, that sucked!!

I live on the East Coast so I'll probably go to the Akron game.  I'm still hurting from flying in for the Tulsa game last year- man, that sucked!!

all the ooc games sucked last year and every dickey year before then and they will this year too and next year also, until