SI's 15 Greatest College Football Plays

LongJim

that #1 is re-freaking-diculous. I made that same play last week in my Football rec league. that play is not even in the same category as any of the other top 15. and #12 Prothro's circus catch should be higher. that was the best catch of any type of ball in any sporting event at any level ever.

Pet peeve - "Young literally put the Longhorns on his back and carried them to the title."

If Vince Young had made that play with the team literally on his back, it would have been #1 for sure.

The sad thing is, while that play was impressive, the biggest play of that game was the defensive stop on 4th down.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!

Pet peeve - "Young literally put the Longhorns on his back and carried them to the title." 

If Vince Young had made that play with the team literally on his back, it would have been #1 for sure. 

The sad thing is, while that play was impressive, the biggest play of that game was the defensive stop on 4th down.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!

thats the play you pick to argue?? blink.gifblink.gif

thats the play you pick to argue?? blink.gif  blink.gif

I don't think he meant that as number one on this list - just that game. That game does not really belong on this list for any one play - VY did something he had been doing all game. Everyone in that stadium knew they were scoring the moment they made that stop.

The "Bush Push" is a play that you see in about 25% of the 4th and goal from the one plays that have ever happened. its just nothing speacial. it was probably neat while watching the game for and USC fans, but its not historic.

The Flutie play should be #1 IMO.

agreed, and they (SI) probably think that as well. They have to do something controversial, that ups the "hits" to the site. Everyone gets on message boards like this one and says" can you believe this s#@%?" and provides a link. Pretty smart, actually.

Maybe I'm just a bit biased, but I still love the Troy play against Mizzou where the big lineman gets the ball and runs for the TD.

If Troy U had been a "traditional" school I think that most memorable and "fan"tastic play by your Trojan lineman would have been highly considered if not put in SI's top 15. Unfortunately, all of us who the national sports media calls mid-major have to generate a generation or 2 or 3 of winning, winning and more winning against the Big Boys before we will ever gain the their attention.

I loved that play and I'd wager, Trojanman, that a large majority of all of us Sun Belters, CUSA'er, WAC'sters, etc, etc, etc, were running right along with your TU lineman into the endzone. It was a great night for your school at any rate. smile.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Maybe I'm just a bit biased, but I still love the Troy play against Mizzou where the big lineman gets the ball and runs for the TD.

Well, if we're talking favorite plays.....I'd have to add Brian Waters taking the handoff from KSU and taking it for 6....that and the Booger sack of MTSU's QB where he rolled over him and somehow stripped the ball in the same move.