NT Exes?

EagleChick03

Both daughter and myself are, Tarrant County Chapter. Supporting NT, keeping people involved, will raise and keep interest in all facets of the University (including putting more butts in the seats at Fouts). Check out our website for more info. TarrantNTExes.org

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2

Better late than never. This happens tomorrow night.

Business Card Rally

Interested in networking? Then please join us on Wednesday, April 26, from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at 101 W. Randol Mill Suite 120 Arlington, TX 76011 for the Tarrant County Chapter's inaugural Business Card Rally (BCR). The BCR is a function intended to encourage and promote networking and interaction with University of North Texas alumni, North Texas Exes alumni association members, and area businesses.

If planning to attend, please let us know before Monday, April 24, by sending an email to TarrantNTExes@unt.edu. Don't forget to bring your business cards!

Rick

My husband and I are both Exes members, although they never sent him his membership card and they didn't send me a renewal one.

We're members because we were hoping to get involved and donate some of our time and mone (when we have some) to the university. It hasn't quite turned out that way, since our chapter literally does nothing, but we keep hoping that it'll get better in the future.

I've often wondered why the Exes don't give every graduate a one year free membership as a graduation gift. Don't give them a chance NOT to sign up. Make it automatic with every graduation application that's turned in.

Sure a lot may not renew after the year is up, but I would think it would be much easier (and cheaper) to get renewals from a grad a year out of school when they have a job, rather that trying to ask for dues from a graduating senior that doesnt have a job yet. And it also easier to seek renewals rather than recruit new members from a pool of alumni that never bothered to join in the first place.

We're missing an opportunity to turn these people into the kind of alumni we need. "Congratulations on you graduation, BTW here's your membership in the alumni association, and since you don't get into games for free anymore, here's your application for season tickets for next football season"

My wolf and I are both members.

$$ from the exes goes into scholarship, and it is a good networking tool.

Speaking of networking, we will both be at the event in Arlington tonight.

I encourage all who could use some business networking to come, RSVP today and show up.

If you are not a member, RSVP, come out and sign up & meet some potential business contacts.

I am not a member anymore.  The only thing I ever heard, received was the invoice to renew my membership.  I decided to not renew since I don't see the point of just paying for nothing ever year.

Where do you live Dallas, Denton, Tarrant Co, ... other?

I've often wondered why the Exes don't give every graduate a one year free membership as a graduation gift.    Don't give them a chance NOT to sign up.  Make it automatic with every graduation application that's turned in.   

Sure a lot may not renew after the year is up,  but I would think it would be much easier (and cheaper)  to get renewals from a grad a year out of school when they have a job,  rather that trying to ask for dues from a graduating senior that doesnt have a job yet.  And it also easier to seek renewals rather than recruit new members from a pool of alumni that never bothered to join in the first place.

We're missing an opportunity to turn these people into the kind of alumni we need.  "Congratulations on you graduation,    BTW here's your membership in the alumni association,  and since you don't get into games for free anymore,  here's your application for season tickets for next football season"

When I graduated, they gave me the option of signing over some University fees that were to be returned to me, to be enrolled in the Exes. The Exes then collected the fees from the University.

Do they not offer that option to graduates any longer?

When I graduated, they gave me the option of signing over some University fees that were to be returned to me, to be enrolled in the Exes. The Exes then collected the fees from the University.

they did that for me as well.

Im not a member right now, partly because I dont see the point, but even moreso, because I have just been lazy and havent bothered to do it. Im planning on joing as a lifetime member. I do, however, think it is important to have a large and EFFECTIVE alumni association.

I emphasize effective because I have concerns. I tried to find out info about the scholarship dinner in Houston at least a week before the event and heard nothing until the day of the event. Someone called me and was very apologetic, which I appreciated, but seriously, you cant expect someone to go to a dinner and pay $50 a head when you find out the relevant information THE NIGHT OF THE EVENT!

Perhaps I never heard of the event because my Exes membership has run its course. If this is the case, part of the blame rests on myself.

Edited by Eagle1855

While we are on the subject of NT Exes I have a question. I've received several offers for an NT Exes credit card. The offer always mentions that by applying I help the Exes/University but it never explains how.

Does anyone know if the Exes are just given a flat fee for each new card or if they get a % of each charge etc.

They still give the one free year. That's how my husband and I first joined. It's not automatic, and they don't send you anything about it - you have to go up and talk to them during the graduation reception. I happened to find out about it because I was working at the NTHC college night and spoke with David Layton (nice guy).

They also have a Student NT Exes group now, of which my husband and I were the inaugural group. That group, like many of the chapters, doesn't really do much.