Heckling for South Alabama

untgirl04

In the spirit of the brilliance that was the Troy heckling thread, I think one should be started for South Alabama as well. As important as this game is, we need to get together and come up with some coordinated efforts to make this the best game yet. The AD has proven that he can bring people to games - now it's up to us to be noisy supporters.

Any ideas?

No. Name Cl./Exp. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown Last School Attended

1 Michael Phillips Sr./1L F 6-6 215 Mobile, Ala. Okalossa-Walton (Fla.) CC

2 Mario Jointer Sr./1L G 6-2 195 Jackson, Miss. Chipola (Fla.) JC

3 Chey Christie Sr./TR G 6-4 185 Hartford, Conn. Clemson

4 Jeffrey Collins Sr./1L G 6-4 185 Birmingham, Ala. UAB

10 Demetric Bennett So./TR G 6-5 210 Albany, Ga. SMU

11 Carlos Smith Jr./2L G 6-0 180 Atlanta, Ga. Notre Dame (Mass.) Prep

12 Daon Merritt* Jr./TR G 5-10 200 Jamaica, N.Y. Richmond

13 Leandro Buboltz Jr./TR F 6-7 225 Sant Cruz, Brazil South Plains (Texas) JC

14 Stephen Cowherd Jr./1L G 6-2 190 Coral Springs, Fla. Mississippi State

21 Trajinski Grigsby Fr./HS F 6-7 210 Nacogdoches, Texas Nacogdoches HS

24 Kenny Hooks* Jr./TR F 6-7 220 Moss Point, Miss. Oregon State

33 Jason McGriff Jr./TR F 6-9 230 Palm Bay, Fla. Bishop State CC

35 Richard Law Sr./3L F 6-6 200 Houston, Texas Clear Lake HS

South Alabama's roster... there are a few names in there we can use. Btw.... players with asterisks by names not eligible until next season.

How about Mario "I smoke a" Jointer

or every time Ricard "Dick" Law touches the ball you could all yell "Breakin the law, breakin the law!

For Buboltz you could yell "Bubbles"

For Stephen Cowherd you could all yell "MOO!!!!" or ring cowbells

I may not be very good at this.

Edited by Mad Hatter

or every time Ricard "Dick" Law touches the ball you could all yell "Breakin the law, breakin the law!

As Mavericks fans remember from the playoff games against Sacramento, Cow Bells can become a serious annoyance to the opposing team. In honor of Mr. Cowherd.............I say Cowbells the whole time during every timeout.

As Mavericks fans remember from the playoff games against Sacramento, Cow Bells can become a serious annoyance to the opposing team.  In honor of Mr. Cowherd.............I say Cowbells the whole time during every timeout.

might need to check if see if they are allowed per NCAA or Sun Belt rules, do not to get the team in trouble.

As Mavericks fans remember from the playoff games against Sacramento, Cow Bells can become a serious annoyance to the opposing team.  In honor of Mr. Cowherd.............I say Cowbells the whole time during every timeout.

I've got a feaver...and the only prescription...is more cowbell!

ph34r.gif

Edited by gksmith

I also see too many OTHER schools trying to copy Duke (I really hate Duke) with the jumping and chanting.

I don't want to copy that.

In the old days, the cheerleaders would bang the cones on the floor and get the crowd starting to clap. Maybe the cone thing is not allowed, but I don't see a problem with clapping.

The Pit Crew has some things they do in the second half when the team is playing on our end....we need to coordinate...its hard to get the north texas chant going....moffitt we need to get together and wrok out some signs or something...haha

Got that covered. I had some signs made today. biggrin.gif

OK-- noise makers are disallowed but key rings can't be ..... Fla St. once had a player Keyes (before the odd Indian thing they do now) and their fans rattled their keys at times.... weird sound.. A few 1000 keys being rattled could make some noise along with the yelling etc. .. a suggestion....may be not a good one.

i believe that artificial noise makers are no longer allowed under NCAA rules... including those annoying thunder sticks

Any of you "older" posters that attended games in the Snake Pit remember the clickers they would give out? My mom hated those things because her ears would ring the rest of the night after a game.

I've got a feaver...and the only prescription...is more cowbell!

ph34r.gif

Man...I thought I was gonna have to start this thread up too...Its' great to see someone pick up my slack....Yeah!!!! Way to go UNT Girl04!

How 'bout just repeatedly yelling "Mario" over and over... I think it go to him last year. He will remember me. We got into his head last year, he started paying more attention to me than the game last year.

I think he blew me a kiss last year ohmy.gif

I love the "We need More Cowbell" for Mr. Cowherd laugh.gif (I love it!!!)

Of course...."Breakin' the Law" for Mr Law.

Man...this is gonna be great!!!!

All of these ideas are great and all but they're lacking in a few ways. First, they're too cerebral. Mr. Cowherd would have to make the corrolation between his name and the "cow bell" thing, while playing, and would also have to understand that the "more cow bell" bit has a background of its own elsewhere. Additionally, heckling a player everytime he touches the ball is great but only if the "heckle" is instantaneously annoying. It's gotta be something that can be quickly blurted out and recycled ad nauseum without becoming tiresome.

My suggestion? Physical humor. Maybe one of their guys looks like a well known but not revered celebrity. Hairstyle is always a good starting point. Coaches wardrobe is another. These things can be run into the ground and provide a wealth of natural variations.

I just think it's cool that this much effort is put into something basketball related for a change.

In the old days, the cheerleaders would bang the cones on the floor and get the crowd starting to clap. Maybe the cone thing is not allowed, but I don't see a problem with clapping.

"Cones" can be slang for a women's ... uh ... TaTa's. If our cheerleaders did that, I'd stand up and clap . I don't know how much noise they'd make though.

Seriously, are megaphone still allowed in the arena? I don't remember seeing them, but then again, my mind is slipping.

Other than that, just yell like hell!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

"Let's Go Mean Green, Fight!, Fight!, Fight!"

The cheerleaders still have our signs for this chant, somewhere? Can't understand why it's so hard to get some kind of a unified chant that actually has an ending, going.

Also, counting in unison with each pass is very annoying. Also, I think the Boink!, Boink!, Boink! in unison with each dribble that the Pit crew did for a little bit was good too.

Rick