Heat is on the Sun Belt

MeanGreen61

Now you are complaining for the sake of complaining. The horn sounds. The play is blown dead on the tackle. Time has expired and all the officials still have their flags in their pocket. What are they going to do? Conference in the middle of the teams shaking hands and then have one of them step out of the conference and throw a flag? Then ask for the field to be cleared? Yeah that works. I can just see that policy being adopted. Player runs for a TD and as they are lining up for the PAT the officials confer and one of them says "I know I'm supposed to throw a flag when I see a foul but I didn't throw a flag on a hold back at the line of scrimmage. Let's go ahead enforce the penalty even though none of us threw a flag."

You can't conference to find out what kind of call to make when there isn't a flag on the ground.

Well obviously a flag would need to be thrown first. Something all of the crew apprently forgot to do.

You are finally correct.

I don't blame you for being mistaken though, the speed of the GoMeanGreen board is probably just so much faster than what you are used to.

Well I tend to believe ESPN analysts and commentators over random posters on a message board, but maybe I'm just gullible like that.

Well I tend to believe ESPN analysts and commentators over random posters on a message board, but maybe I'm just gullible like that.

I've seen NFL refs blow calls, so it's all really a moot point when you get right down to it.

Mike Tirico graduated from Syracuse in 1988 with a degree in political science and broadcast journalism. Until 1991 when ESPN hired him he was working local TV in Syracuse, the 76th largest TV market (just behind Omaha just ahead of Springfield, MO).

He's ABC's golf and NBA guy in addition to doing college football for ESPN.

Believe it or not he lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Kirk Herbstreit at least played ball at Big 10 member Ohio State.

Well with that resume I'm glad they don't have him calling BCS games.

Wait...

Why would you want a grad of a good school like Syracuse when you could have one of the fine sports broadcasting alumns the Belt schools have produced?

CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

I say that journalists who are republican or democrat be forbidden from reporting the news!!!!