Would this help?

Eagle1855

On one hand, Coach Dickey has repeatedly said this season was unacceptable and he is the man in charge, and therefore to blame.

On the other, that message doesn't seemed to have gotten to our fan base, so maybe a mailer, and an offer to help out by giving to the MGC smile.gif, should be sent out to the season ticket holders.

I think it is fresh for DD to acknowledge that this season was for the most part disasterous, except he got to play quite of few Freshmen.

I think many on here, still hear the previous 7 years of complaining about facilities and what not, but it is at least somewhat refreshing to hear it from DD, whether many of us care to believe in its sincerity or not. huh.gif

On one hand, Coach Dickey has repeatedly said this season was unacceptable and he is the man in charge, and therefore to blame.

On the other, that message doesn't seemed to have gotten to our fan base, so maybe a mailer, and an offer to help out by giving to the MGC smile.gif, should be sent out to the season ticket holders.

I am heading to the Post Office this very afternoon with a check toward my committment to the MG Club of which my donation this year is a meager $500.

Some of you even have me rethinking my not getting involved with all this next academic year. Lower Section E can be an animal house at times, right meanjoe? Yes, I know I talk a lot, a lifetime habit, and I post way too much, too, but I do listen as well. I am 55, MS, but not completely set in my ways, yet. sad.gif

All this has been a passion of mine for a long time, but I just want us all to bask in the sunshine of being proud alums of a school that has propelled itself to a Top 25 ranking one day soon. I thought 4 bowl games might get us close to that--it didn't. But UNT is just as good a school as some of the MAC schools who have begun such a tradition of showing up from time to time in the Top 25, as well as some in the WAC who have become mainstays each year.

GBT!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It couldn't hurt. The personal touch of a DD message mailed to current MGC members is long overdue, maybe too long? Many members just want to help and the acknowledgement from a coach that they are. The veiled jabs at fans on radio won't be easy to erase with just a canned mailer.

I don't care. An apology doesn't squat unless Dickey were to put something behind that. Otherwise, he'll make an empty apology, then cough up the OOC games and then do his usual.

And YES. He is lacking fan support. The team isn't, but Dickey is. When you call a draw on 3rd and very long, or when you don't call a play with less than 10sec in the 1st half, you'll lose support.

"Fulmer normally receives a raise and extension each year, but won't get one this time, athletic director Mike Hamilton said. Fulmer got only a one-year extension after finishing the 2002 season 8-5, his worst record until this year.

"I think you base pay increases on substantially successful years," Hamilton told The Associated Press."

Hmmm, now there's an interesting concept. I wonder if RV has been empowered to do something similar.