ULM Game- Here's my take.

meangreendork

1.) Phillips was good. I like his composure and his arm.

2.) Why did they decide not to go for it with 3sec on the clock in the 1st half?

3.) The CSC are JERKS. I'm sitting with my butt on the concrete foundation of the stands with my legs sticking out, but with my upper body behind the rails. For some reason I'm not allowed to sit that way. WTF.

4.) I don't like the ULM Band. They sound awful, play loud to mask it, play the same songs as us just after or while we do just to be jerks, they play that FSU song (I dare them to play FSU at home and play that song), they have one really, really obese cheerleader, they only know like, 2 songs, which they played as the plays progressed. They were classless last time they were at Fouts and they were just bad this time around.

5.) THE FANS- I love that they were there! 19K is great for us, no matter what. I'm sorry that they showed up and had to watch that loss. Thanks to those of you who showed up at the parade and tailgating- it's just nice knowing the fans are willing to be there.

6.) The fireworks need to stop next year. Even if we won every game at home, the "cool factor" of the fireworks would be lost after the 3rd home game. I can't say how much I dislike them after EVERY loss at home.

1.) Phillips was good. I like his composure and his arm.

I really liked what I saw in Phillips. Not that hes the greatest thing since sliced bread but the fact that he was put in after Meager makes him seem like it. Phillips seems to actually throw it in the vacinity of the receiver while meager usually closes his eyes and throws it down the field.

4.) I don't like the ULM Band. They sound awful, play loud to mask it, play the same songs as us just after or while we do just to be jerks, they play that FSU song (I dare them to play FSU at home and play that song), they have one really, really obese cheerleader, they only know like, 2 songs, which they played as the plays progressed. They were classless last time they were at Fouts and they were just bad this time around.

Well, now I was actually coming here to compliment the Green Brigade for giving us a warm reception, even if their fans were rude.

Now sound quality issues aside (which are hardly quantative), we only played one song that I heard you guys (I am assuming you're a band member, since you used 'us') play as well, and that was the chromatic cheer which is in *everyone's* cheer book. The only time we ever repeated songs were for short timeouts when we couldn't play a whole song. Anything else is a cheer. Same as you, I'm sure. Finally, the "FSU" song has been around a lot longer than FSU.

But, "classless"? I'd like to know what that comes from. Last time we were out there the fans pelted us with tortillas, and this time they chanted the extremely classy and well-thought out cheer of "Louisiana Sucks", though sometimes they threw in a "Monroe Sucks" or "F(*&ing Band Geeks" to mix it up a bit.

All that aside, they Brigade members I met were quite nice, and I wanted to thank them for their hospitality. Also thanks to the UNT officials that helped us out.

Sorry for the slightly off-topic post.

[edit] I forgot, we also mirrorred you guys with Dr. Who, which we despise, but our football coach always requests [/edit]

Edited by JonXP

I appreciate and applaude the many, many ULM fans, and also for your univeristy for alllowing the ULM band to attend as well. Your presence helped make the game more like what it should be, a major college football event.

Thanks for coming and I hope ULM continues to bring their band back every year the Indians visit Denton. It is efforts like that from our brother schools that will help everyone continue to build the Belt to what we want it to be.

Rick

I appreciate and applaude the many, many ULM fans, and also for your univeristy for alllowing the ULM band to attend as well.  Your presence helped make the game more like what it should  be, a major college football event. 

Thanks for coming and I hope ULM continues to bring their band back every year the Indians visit Denton.  It is efforts like that from our brother schools that will help everyone continue to build the Belt to what we want it to be.

Rick

Thanks. I've mostly enjoyed the three trips to Fouts. Last year's tortilla thing was pretty uncalled for, I felt, but that's students for ya. ;-) It's good to see that you still have a fan base despite the team's record this year. We're one game away from a championship, and people in our town don't even know football has started.

As far as bringing the band, it's horribly expensive to do. Us small schools can't really afford it too often. IIRC, it was some $25,000 to send the band to this one game, and we didn't even stay the night.

I hope to see a big green visitor's section with band this time next year at Malone Stadium.

Beat ASU next weekend!

I'm not sure what you are talking about. You must be bitter that ULM's band played louder and more often than our band...it was actually quite embarassing.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. You must be bitter that ULM's band played louder and more often than our band...it was actually quite embarassing.

Different ears, I guess. I thought ULM band was not in the same league as NT. I did enjoy their band and commend them for comming, but as far as the quality, there was no comparison. They like UNT played a very limited selection but not nearly as well.

Thanks.  I've mostly enjoyed the three trips to Fouts.  Last year's tortilla thing was pretty uncalled for, I felt, but that's students for ya. ;-)  It's good to see that you still have a fan base despite the team's record this year.  We're one game away from a championship, and people in our town don't even know football has started.

As far as bringing the band, it's horribly expensive to do.  Us small schools can't really afford it too often.  IIRC, it was some $25,000 to send the band to this one game, and we didn't even stay the night.

I hope to see a big green visitor's section with band this time next year at Malone Stadium. 

Beat ASU next weekend!

I want to chime in to agree that it's fun for some of us who actually ENJOY seeing the bands at halftime. There are those who appreciate the "competition" between the bands, and it really does add a lot to the atmosphere. Thanks for coming!

Different ears, I guess.  I thought ULM band was not in the  same league as NT.  I did enjoy their band and commend them for comming, but as far as the quality, there was no comparison.  They like UNT played a very limited selection but not nearly as well.

Yeah I feel the same. Quantity maybe, but definately not quality. No offense to the ULM band though, they weren't bad at all. However sitting on the student side for the 5th straight season, I had no idea how good our band really was until they finally played towards us in the ULL game. Being a high school band nerd from a 3A high school, I can tell you we only dreamed of having that kind of sound.