www.fireignorantfans.com

calvin

Oh my god we just went to 4 straight bowl games. What and were not going this year, and we have a losing record. We should fire the coach. We won how many straight SB titles and were not going to win this year. Yeah fire the coach. He just had his best class of recruits last year. Fire him. We have new athletic buildings arising everywhere. FIRE DD. A new stadium in 09. Get rid of him. Back to back rushing champs. Fire him now.

Look at TCU. They didn't make it to a bowl last year. This year they sould be undefeated. Last year they had many problems similar to ours. No one was chanting to fire the coach. Football goes in cycles. Unless your USC or UT you can not stay on top for more than 4 years at a time.

By the way who do yall expect to hire? Do you really think that with the $ we can afford to pay a coach that we would get someone better than DD? And no were not ever going to get some big name coach like Price to come here for the pennies we can offer them. Even if we got someone with any type of name recognition it would only be for a few years until something bigger and better came along.

GET A GIP IT'S NOT THE END ON NT FOOTBALL

Oh my god we just went to 4 straight bowl games. What and were not going this year, and we have a losing record. We should fire the coach.

we won how many of those Bowl games? one. we have won how many other non conference 1-A games on 8 seasons? 5, yes only FIVE games in EIGHT years and one was LaLa and one was Troy

Edited by LoveMG

Yes we only one 1 of 4. We lost to a very good Memphis team and last year lost to a very dood USM. Do you remember who SM played before us. USC at home. And they played them better than anyone else last year. And as I recall they almost beat them. As for OOC this year LSU and K-State nuff said. La. Tech is not a bad team as they are 6-3 behind only Boise and Fresno. Tulsa is 6-4, as they lost to UTEP at utep by 3. Almost pulled it off against Oklahoma. Both of these teams are very good and will be going bowling. Yes we have a poor OOC but look at the team that we play every year.

Fan-base wise if we hold on to DD we will fall back ten years.

With DD we will go down in a burning flame, kind of like that song.

I Fell Into A Burning Ring Of Fire

I Went Down, Down, Down

And The Flames Went Higher

And It Burns, Burns, Burns

The Ring Of Fire

The Ring Of Fire

user posted image

Earlier this season lot of people, that are now running with torches and a rope, were begging for Dickey to start Meager instead of Byerly. Due to grades you got your wish, you recived a quarterback fresh off of injury with no experience that got gunshy. A great many of you wanted to see Dickey try to use both Cobbs and Thomas in the same time and switch them in and out as if they were interchangeable cogs in a machine. What happened, niether Jamario nor Patrick were able to get in a rhythem until the other was injured and they could get the 25 to 35 touches they are used to having to make them the threats that they usually are. Now there are people that want to trot out Matt Phillips finish a season. What would you do if he starts is left out there a little to long and is injured and his career is ended. Would you bame Dickey for playing Matt too much in insignificant games and not thinking about the future of the team? I say all this not to put Dickey on a pedistal, because I DEFINITLY DON'T AGREE WITH QUITE A FEW OF THE DECISIONS MADE BY DICKEY, but most that leading charge to fire Dickey are the same that got a lot of what they wanted this year in stratagy and personnel. I would look toward next season and if this win-loss record happens next year{ when we have all except 4 or 5 starter returning}, then I would glady run Dickey out of town. I think he might have earned a bad season after 4 years of championsip football.

P.S. You might not agree with my comments or like Dickey or Flannigan or the color green or the type field or the fireworks after the game, but if you choose to express your disdain for whatever outside of earshot of the recruits that come to visit our games on the alumni side. They might not want to come here because of the play on the field, but I know for certian that come here if they feel that they will not be supported by their own fans. So choose your words wisely if you sit directly behind the Eagle Angles. The players we need, like a quarteback, could go to another school, like a ULaMo, if they dont feel fully supported and wanted.

Earlier this season lot of people, that are now running with torches and a rope, were begging for Dickey to start Meager instead of Byerly.

I wouldn't say it was a lot of people, especially since the rumors about Byerly being academically ineligible had been raging since mid-summer. People wanted Meager because he didn't fail out, though there were also contingents for Phillips, Warren, Haynes, etc...

Due to grades you got your wish, you recived a quarterback fresh off of injury with no experience that got gunshy. A great many of you wanted to see Dickey try to use both Cobbs and Thomas in the same time and switch them in and out as if they were interchangeable cogs in a machine.

Again, I'm not sure which "you" you are referring to or how many you consider a "great many." I would say there were SOME who wanted these things, but in no way is it a characteristic that somewhow defines those who feel Dickey has not achieved this team's potential in his tenure here.

What happened, niether Jamario nor Patrick were able to get in a rhythem until the other was injured and they could get the 25 to 35 touches they are used to having to make them the threats that they usually are. 

So is your contention that Dickey gave this group of people what they wanted and it failed, so it's THEIR fault for suggesting it? Besides, Dickey didn't really accomplish this anyway. All you succeeded doing here was pointing out another place where one could claim Dickey failed this season.

Now there are people that want to trot out Matt Phillips finish a season.  What would you do if he starts is left out there a little to long and is injured and his career is ended. 

As I said earlier, there were some people suggesting Phillips as an alternative MUCH earlier in the season, when it first appeared that Meager might struggle significantly and that Meager was virtually neck-and-neck with Phillips in the practices despite being in the system an extra year.

Would you bame Dickey for playing Matt too much in insignificant games and not thinking about the future of the team? 

What??? If anything playing Phillips more now is thinking more about the future of the team than less. You want to see as much of as many QBs as possible at this stage in the game, so if you put in a QB like Meager (that many got railed on for saying is "injury prone"), you'll have a competent backup and you might possibly find out you've got a better QB somewhere on the roster.

I say all this not to put Dickey on a pedistal, because I DEFINITLY DON'T AGREE WITH QUITE A FEW OF THE DECISIONS MADE BY DICKEY, but most that leading charge to fire Dickey are the same that got a lot of what they wanted this year in stratagy and personnel. 

You're kidding, right?

While I find breakdown of my comment witty and well written, they are also misiguided. I was mearly pointing out that many of the yelling that Dickey shouldbe fired by their own previous comments on this board would have done exactly the same thing. Also you can have Matt Phillips take snaps towards the end of the game to give him experiance while lessing the risk of injury. So is anyone out their willing to risk the next three years of a potentially great career of Phillips just to have him take the majority of snaps in two games in a failed season? Well hopefully I will see you all at the game on Saturday cheering for the green and white no matter who is head coach. Then next Sunday, we can see how the sideline super coaches could have done better.

Now I have reached my posting limit for the season. For all other retorts see me in person, I talk a lot beter than I type.

While I find breakdown of my comment witty and well written, they are also misiguided.  I was mearly pointing out that many of the yelling that Dickey shouldbe fired by their own previous comments on this board would have done exactly the same thing.  Also you can have Matt Phillips take snaps towards the end of the game to give him experiance while lessing the risk of injury.  So is anyone out their willing to risk the next three years of a potentially great career of Phillips just to have him take the majority of snaps in two games in a failed season?    Well hopefully I will see you all at the game on Saturday cheering for the green and white no matter who is head coach.  Then next Sunday, we can see how the sideline super coaches could have done better.

You're kidding, right?

Without question, Matt Phillips should start. You said it yourself, this is a failed season. This is a time to take chances and see which young players will have the ability to contribute for the following season. Meager has done very little when given the opportunity. Phillips has done more with the little opportunity he received. Pretty cut n' dry, if you ask me. And you didn't, but I'm saying it anyway. wink.gif

You're kidding, right?

Without question, Matt Phillips should start. You said it yourself, this is a failed season. This is a time to take chances and see which young players will have the ability to contribute for the following season. Meager has done very little when given the opportunity. Phillips has done more with the little opportunity he received. Pretty cut n' dry, if you ask me. And you didn't, but I'm saying it anyway.  wink.gif

I like how the risk of injury is somehow the biggest risk to the future. Don't play him the last two games because he might get injured for his entire career. In that case, we'd better bench everyone who doesn't suck and isn't a senior or better yet forfeit the last two games so no one gets hurt. But, to be truly sensible, we should probably refrain from playing our BEST players until they're seniors, so as not to waste their potential should they get career-ending injuries. So we'd probably need to fill half of our roster with horrible football players we can use in the meantime until everyone else develops with the time we give them at the end of the last two games of their first three years. It's a BRILLIANT plan. That would be the best for the future.

If players get injured, they get injured. NOT PLAYING a freshman with potential is much worse for the program. And, in turn, what he appears to be favoring is playing a just-recently-concussed QB who has not shown us a tremendous lot in his 9 games and, despite the many protests during the offseason, a huge injury risk.

Earlier this season lot of people, that are now running with torches and a rope, were begging for Dickey to start Meager instead of Byerly.  Due to grades you got your wish, you recived a quarterback fresh off of injury with no experience that got gunshy.  A great many of you wanted to see Dickey try to use both Cobbs and Thomas in the same time and switch them in and out as if they were interchangeable cogs in a machine.  What happened, niether Jamario nor Patrick were able to get in a rhythem until the other was injured and they could get the 25 to 35 touches they are used to having to make them the threats that they usually are.  Now there are people that want to trot out Matt Phillips finish a season.  What would you do if he starts is left out there a little to long and is injured and his career is ended.  Would you bame Dickey for playing Matt too much in insignificant games and not thinking about the future of the team?  I say all this not to put Dickey on a pedistal, because I DEFINITLY DON'T AGREE WITH QUITE A FEW OF THE DECISIONS MADE BY DICKEY, but most that leading charge to fire Dickey are the same that got a lot of what they wanted this year in stratagy and personnel.  I would look toward next season and if this win-loss record happens next year{ when we have all except 4 or 5 starter returning}, then I would glady run Dickey out of town.  I think he might have earned a bad season after 4 years of championsip football.

P.S. You might not agree with my comments or like Dickey or Flannigan or the color green or the type field or the fireworks after the game, but if you choose to express your disdain for whatever outside of earshot of the recruits that come to visit our games on the alumni side.  They might not want to come here because of the play on the field, but I know for certian that come here if they feel that they will not be supported by their own fans.  So choose your words wisely if you sit directly behind the Eagle Angles.  The players we need, like a quarteback, could go to another school, like a ULaMo, if they dont feel fully supported and wanted.

Why put recruits on alumni side of field? Get them in with the students where they can have some fun. From comments here the Gestapo ushers would be enough to turn them off to UNT.

Guest JohnDenver

Why put recruits on alumni side of field?  Get them in with the students where they can have some fun.  From comments here the Gestapo ushers would be enough to turn them off to  UNT.

Well that and the constant bad mouthing of the fans by the Eagle Angels doesn't help sell the crowd. I have been saying for years that they belong on the rowdy student side.

I know, I know. "They should be on the Mean Green players' side so they can see the coach and players in action."

BS! They need to issue them special recruiting telescopic glasses to allow them to see the action from Section E rows 1-9. They are too low and need to stand to see the field. They can't see the coaching staff because the benches on the sideline block their views (half sarcasm).

They belong on the student side.

Don't try to mute the loyal verbal fans that donate to the student atheletes. They are the ones that prove in the form of monetary donations every year that they care about that program. It takes more than a student ID and a pair of shoes to get to the game and sit in Section E.

Guest JohnDenver

Calvin, by all means pay for that domain and start a site. It is your right to do that... I won't argue with it. I don't always agree with fans nor the coaches. That is why we all post here, we like the diatribes of GGII and PMG. We also get a sense of family.

I am going to bring a camper to tailgate Friday night. Since there is no bonfire, is anyone else in? Party in the parking lot?

UTEP can happen here. Without a doubt. But what I was saying is thay if we get rid of DD after the season there is no way we get a Mike Price type coach.

Lets wait to see really how good UTEP can continue to be before we want to be like them. I'm not saying they won't be good, nor that they haven't been recently. The last thing I want is for us to copy another west texas school.

Dickey deserves more time.

Oh my god we just went to 4 straight bowl games. What and were not going this year, and we have a losing record. We should fire the coach. We won how many straight SB  titles and were not going to win this year. Yeah fire the coach. He just had his best class of recruits last year. Fire him. We have new athletic buildings arising everywhere. FIRE DD. A new stadium in 09. Get rid of him. Back to back rushing champs. Fire him now.

Look at TCU. They didn't make it to a bowl last year. This year they sould be undefeated. Last year they had many problems similar to ours. No one was chanting to fire the coach. Football goes in cycles. Unless your USC or UT you can not stay on top for more than 4 years at a time.

By the way who do yall expect to hire? Do you really think that with the $ we can afford to pay a coach that we would get someone better than DD? And no were not ever going to get some big name coach like Price to come here for the pennies we can offer them. Even if we got someone with any type of name recognition it would only be for a few years until something bigger and better came along.

GET A GIP IT'S NOT THE END ON NT FOOTBALL

You must have a very complacent life, my friend. You obviously do not have very high expectations and I can appreciate that. Some of us do, however...

With exceptions being made its interesting to note that many of the DD apologists are very random on this board. Whereas the constant daily posters contribute greatly to the fan base, whether it be by donations, season tickets, away games, merchandise, knock DD or RF and demand a better coaching staff; the apologists just sort of show up one day, post in 2 or 3 threads to take up for the staff, and then disappear a few days later. huh.gifph34r.gif

Edited by Coffee and TV