www.fireignorantfans.com

calvin

I still say that all of this FIRE DD talk comes from his offensive philosophy and not his winning percentage. I like everyone else would love to win more games. Losing would not be as bad if we were more exciting to watch. I am tired of going to games and I can call half of the plays.

I could take losing a little better if DD and RF would mix it up a little more and make the game a little more exciting. NT does not need to throw it every play, but some diversity would be nice.

Please no more draw plays on 3 and 15.

ohmy.gif

It is NOT time to get rid of DD.

1. How many years does he have on his contract?

2. Does UNT have enough money to buy out his contract?

3. Like many of us have pointed out, "who ya goin' get for $225k?

4. I could see releasing DD if he only won 2 games next year and the following year.

5. All of our EXPECTATIONS were high this year!!

6. Most of the disenters have said DD runs a predictable offense.....well, take a look at the stats: DD & RF are passing more, doing on-side kicks (another one last Saturday...that worked) and running more diverse plays than running the ball up the middle.

7. You people who want to get rid of DD & RF take a look at the plays.

8. Got to agree with the poster who specifically pointed to TCU last year. They did not get rid of Patterson because they did not go to a bowl. Look at them THIS year (10-1).

9. I say....be patient this year and let DD show us what he has next year with a much improved team.

10. Our field general is a freshman!! Not many freshmen QB's excel their first year!!!....some of you will say, "yea they do!!"....ok....but few, very few and I mean very few!!

11. I am going to end by saying watch what you post because other conference committies may make some of their decisions by what is posted by some of you.

11.  I am going to end by saying watch what you post because other conference committies may make some of their decisions by what is posted by some of you.

I hear that the above is every conference committee's first consideration when considering adding a university. dry.gif

Thank goodness Texas wasn't looking for a conference home a couple of years ago when firemackbrown.com was up and running. They may have been an independent by now. huh.gif

5.  All of our EXPECTATIONS were high this year!!

Why not we had won 4 straight titles and assumed that the coaching staff recruited players strong enough to take over for the departed??

6.  Most of the disenters have said DD runs a predictable offense.....well, take a look at the stats:  DD & RF are passing more, doing on-side kicks (another one last Saturday...that worked) and running more diverse plays than running the ball up the middle. 

He ran the plays after going down by 3 scores, you have to open it up to try and get back in the game, same thing with the onsides kicks, those are obvious changes

8.  Got to agree with the poster who specifically pointed to TCU last year.  They did not get rid of Patterson because they did not go to a bowl.  Look at them THIS year (10-1). 

TCU went 5-6 not 2-9 like we are heading to, plus they were competitive against teams at or near their level

9.  I say....be patient this year and let DD show us what he has next year with a much improved team.

We have been waiting on OOC games for 8 years now, plus wanting to just be competitive

10.  Our field general is a freshman!!  Not many freshmen QB's excel their first year!!!....some of you will say, "yea they do!!"....ok....but few, very few and I mean very few!!

Where has the improvement been? Everyone compared us to OU and Bomar, now look at their improvement to our guys, they are light years ahead, regardless of facilties or budgets.

Edited by untbowler

10.  Our field general is a freshman!!  Not many freshmen QB's excel their first year!!!....some of you will say, "yea they do!!"....ok....but few, very few and I mean very few!!

Matt Phillips is a TRUE freshman who nearly led the team to a comeback against FAU, scoring 17 points in ONE QUARTER! So I guess you could say we do have a freshman QB who can be a field general. The problem is, he's not starting.

Matt Phillips is a TRUE freshman who nearly led the team to a comeback against FAU, scoring 17 points in ONE QUARTER! So I guess you could say we do have a freshman QB who can be a field general. The problem is, he's not starting.

Yes, but it is equally important to realize we were playing a horrible team. Not saying he isnt a talent, and shouldnt be looked at futher and Im not saying he is or isnt better than Meager, but before we jump on the Phillips bus, lets realize this was against a 1 loss celler-dweller, not LSU.

Yes, but it is equally important to realize we were playing a horrible team. Not saying he isnt a talent, and shouldnt be looked at futher and Im not saying he is or isnt better than Meager, but before we jump on the Phillips bus, lets realize this was against a 1 loss celler-dweller, not LSU.

yes and what exactly did our Starting RS Freshman do against this juggernaught??

yes and what exactly did our Starting RS Freshman do against this juggernaught??

I think if you re-read my post, you will see that I didnt say Meager was better or worse.

I was under the impression Meager got hurt in the game, perhaps I was mistaken. We didnt get the game on ABC here in Houston, so I was unable to watch it. wink.gif

I was encouraged to hear the way Phillips came in to the game and took control of the team--- that is something that has been missing. Its been my complaint of Meager thus far, he never looks like a leader out there, and that is very important in CFB. You have to be able to inspire your teammates.

Again, not saying Phillips couldnt be the guy, rather the level of competition should be considered in conjunction with the performance.

Eagle 1855--

I, along with everyone else, agree with you onthe level of competition. However, we still have either a RS & True Frosh for a QB and not many of these excel their first year.

The better QB's that we have had, in the past, started excelling in the Sophmore years......

I would like to see Phillips lead the team for the last 2 games. Sounds like he has the leadership we need at QB. I like the posts on his personal interaction with the team during the game.....that, to me, is important motivation factor!!

Have a good day Eagle1855!!

I, along with everyone else, agree with you onthe level of competition.  However, we still have either a RS & True Frosh for a QB and not many of these excel their first year. 

The better QB's that we have had, in the past, started excelling in the Sophmore years......

I wasnt disagreeing with your post, or really anyone's for that matter... I was just playing devil's advocate with untgirls post.

Id like to see all the freshmen get some time these last 2 games. Lets see what we really have to work with! I think we have a much better team (talent-wise) than our record shows

oh, and have a good day as well!

Edited by Eagle1855

With exceptions being made its interesting to note that many of the DD apologists are very random on this board. Whereas the constant daily posters contribute greatly to the fan base, whether it be by donations, season tickets, away games, merchandise, knock DD or RF and demand a better coaching staff; the apologists just sort of show up one day, post in 2 or 3 threads to take up for the staff, and then disappear a few days later.  huh.gif  ph34r.gif

Sweeping generalization

I don't think anyone is a DD apologist. Just some people don't want to see him leave after 1 bad year. I am included. I guess I don't contribute to the fan base as greatly as the others, but I'm not the one to brag about what I do. I'll be sure to let you know the next time i purchase season tix and merchandise. In fact maybe we should make a thread about it. blink.gif

The reason we seem outnumbered on posts in threads might be because we are outnumbered on posts or threads. I don't want to post in every single thread that we don't need to fire Dickey. And, I sure as hell don't want to take the time to fix what isn't broken (yet). And, FOR SURE, don't want to make a website about my opinion.

Now, that you have another "DD apologist post" you have something else to Bi#$H, and flame about.

Edit: I think that website makes a mockery of our school

Edited by MeanMag

Eagle 1855--

I, along with everyone else, agree with you onthe level of competition.  However, we still have either a RS & True Frosh for a QB and not many of these excel their first year. 

I would like to see Phillips lead the team for the last 2 games.  Sounds like he has the leadership we need at QB.  I like the posts on his personal interaction with the team during the game.....that, to me, is important motivation factor!!

Have a good day Eagle1855!!

I see your point, but in every game Matt Phillips has played in, except for the Tulsa game where the OL didn't give him 2 seconds in the pocket, Matt has played very well. He's always been thrown into ugly situations, and in every case, the first play is a long bomb down the field, usually incomplete. Then, if they continue to leave Matt in the game, he does pretty well. I'd think scoring 17 points against that lackluster FAU team that Meager couldn't do anything against is actually a very good measuring stick. I've supported Meager throughout the year, and I certainly hope he doesn't give up, but I think it's time for Matt to shine. He's worked incredibly hard this year to even make the team, and I think he deserves to play.

Sure it would be nice to win the last two games, but I think that we should give several of the young guys (including Kellen Haynes) a significant chance to show what they can do in a game situation. It would be nice to go into spring with a better idea of who should be getting the strongest looks. We came into last fall with WAY too many question marks.

As far as DD is concerned, IMO he's definitely been guilty of mismanagement but I still say give him another year before pulling out the chopping block. OOC games aside, he's still helped us accomplish a lot over the last four years. I just hope the old dog can learn some new tricks.

Sweeping generalization

I don't think anyone is a DD apologist.  Just some people don't want to see him leave after 1 bad year.  I am included.  I guess I don't contribute to the fan base as greatly as the others,  but I'm not the one to brag about what I do.  I'll be sure to let you know the next time i purchase season tix and merchandise.  In fact maybe we should make a thread about it. blink.gif

The reason we seem outnumbered on posts in threads might be because we are outnumbered on posts or threads.  I don't want to post in every single thread that we don't need to fire Dickey.  And, I sure as hell don't want to take the time to fix what isn't broken (yet).  And, FOR SURE, don't want to make a website about my opinion.

Now, that you have another "DD apologist post" you have something else to Bi#$H, and flame about.

Edit:  I think that website makes a mockery of our school

Notice how I didn't say all, but said many. I'm not forgetful of those who do have many posts or who probably contribute immensely to futher the program, such as yourself or Stebo, Emmitt, eulesseagle, and others. And you won't see me "bitching or flaming" those guys. They have their opinion and I have mine.

My point was to point out this strange arising of DD apologists or supporters (you say theatre I say Cinema) that have suddenly appeared from nowhere and are as anonymous as any joe off the street, and then are gone within a week or two. I hardly see anyone who calls for Dickey's head who hasn't been a UNT support since 19-- such and such.