2005 NT Mini Helmet

NT91

Yep, go ahead and buy the worst looking NT headgear ever.

IMHO (and upon further review and looking at those letters in person and on TV this football season) they may not be the worst we've had at NT but they are sure up there toward the top.

I know, one NT alum's branding junk is another NT alums' branding treasure. I really have tried to like those letters given to all of us by our branding committee, but I just cannot fully embrace them as a long term branding representation for our school. I'd bet some of you may feel the same. Of course, some of you won't. huh.gif

Looks like someone on our campus branding committee grabbed a 1972 clip art book and discovered those latest letter configurations in that book before someone else beat us to them? ohmy.gif (insert sarcasm-----Green Grenade II, now just see what you have started with all these sarcastic posts)? laugh.gif

I see an "N T" in our Mean Green helmet future and we know we can argue on how that should look till the cows come home, but an "N T" you can make larger (more visible to TV viewers) on the helmet than the 10-letter "North Texas" that we have now allows and to the well informed college football public..............how could "N" and "T" be anything except "North" and "Texas" ? ? ? ? smile.gif NOTE: All those regional and national TV appearances the last few years by our Mean Green have made that a reality to many sports fans across the USA). cool.gif

I still like the connected and slanted "N T" such as the one that GMG.com poster "keith" has on his icon (or maybe even a slight variation of that). Not sure we neccesarily need to put the "N T" inside the state of Texas icon, though.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Info about the 2005 mini helmets:

......................................................................................................

Yes, I have found a company who is doing the decals, so I can do the helmets. The trademark issue gets touchy, so we couldn't produce the decals ourselves.

If you are interested the helmets are $24.95 plus $5 for shipping. You can pay through Paypal.com to jorosports@aol.com or you can pay with check or money order payable to John Wolfe and mail to:

John Wolfe

4705 Henshaw Lane

Pasadena, Maryland 21122

Just confirm your order and I will put you down for one or more. It will probably be about 3 weeks until I receive the decals.

Thanks,

John