True?False? Possible? Not Possible?

MeanGreen61

they really need to start passing that pipe around b/c it must be some wacked out stuff.

There is no way they could possibly join Big 12 much less Conference USA.

As for the replier he is from SHSU and they can not say to much except for their B-Ball team and occassionally they have a good season in Football.

I believe this is all rumor. It started many months ago when the SBC was wondering if FAU and FIU would qualify for 1-A and if ULM would jump to the SBC for all-sports and we wanted 9 for football. There was general board talk about what 1-AAs may want to move up (Texas State, WKY, Ga Sou, FAMU, SW Mo., etc.) Texas State admins said no to 1-A and I think Mo State also has NO planned move to 1-A; cost and attendance mentioned. Let them rot in 1-AA.

BTW: did anyone catch the SFA at Sam Houston game on FSN Thursday night? Brought back memories of our Southland days...bad memories, very high schoolish looking. dry.gif

Edited by NT80

The SBC wishlist is pretty obvious

LA Tech, Temple, W KY, FAMU, UNO

Temple was never on our "wish" list. We did offer to let them play football only on precisely the same terms we gave Idaho, ULM, and Utah State. Pay an annual fee and agree to play for 2 years with a built-in two year rollover unless either Temple or the Sun Belt gives a non-renewal notice.

WKU is going to start I-A ball in the Belt if they start I-A ball. The MAC isn't going to admit them until they are on track for I-A and they feel certain Temple will hang around and even then may not if basketball ratches up in the MAC.

The Belt took an unofficial visit to FAMU and they immediately fell out of consideration and that was before they were found to have numerous NCAA violations and violations of Florida public finance laws.

UNO hasn't even been able to start a non-scholarship program much less a scholarship I-AA or I-A program.

Why would the SBC ask SMS or whatever they are now to join? What do they have to offer - women's basketball blink.gif

We have enough members for now and everyone says so. With the rules changes, no one is likely to be forced to drop to 1AA.

Western is making a slow, but steady move toward 1A football with a slow, but steady upgrade of their facilities.

That is no reason at all for the SBC to ask SMS to join and I don't believe the conference actually did.

Why would the SBC ask SMS or whatever they are now to join? What do they have to offer - women's basketball  blink.gif

We have enough members for now and everyone says so. With the rules changes, no one is likely to be forced to drop to 1AA.

Western is making a slow, but steady move toward 1A football with a slow, but steady upgrade of their facilities.

That is no reason at all for the SBC to ask SMS to join and I don't believe the conference actually did.

They weren't asked to join but there were a number of I-AA's that were asked if they had plans to move to I-A. If there were we willing to look at them as possible members.