DD post game

El Paso Eagle

We had a bee-line on an outstanding JUCO QB last recruiting season and he was very, very close to signing with the Mean Green until Nebraska moved in on him at the last minute.  NT had for quite a while done all the right nurturing with this kid from all accounts, too,  but what can anyone in the non BCS do when the Cornhuskers come into the picture? blink.gif

GMG!

With DD and Ramon both being QB's they should have known how weak we were at the position. They should have had a 2nd or even 3rd JC in the picture.

A win is a win. At least this is headed back in the right direction, even if not in dramatic fashion. On the road too.

You are correct, a win is a win, but that does not mean NT is headed back in the right direction....we had 11 first downs to FIU's 18, FIU had 8 turnovers to NT and we could only score 13 points and only the second offensive touchdown of the year, NT had 15 penalties .....more penalties than points scored. An this was to a FIU team that only started FB in 2002 and has never beaten a 1A opponent.

I do not consider this as headed in the right direction.

Edited by OldTimer

Did not most posters on this website believe that Meager was the better QB during spring practice ? I believe so.

Speaking of the SBC , did you see the quote from Mack Brown that after all the Sun Belt teams turned Texas down for their 12th game next season,they were forced to go with Sam Houston State . I know , I know UNT was already on the scheldue.

Speaking of the SBC , did you see the quote from Mack Brown that after all the Sun Belt teams turned Texas down for their 12th game next season,they were forced to go with Sam Houston State .

Seems those other teams in the Sunbelt are more smart than I gave them credit for.

And yes, Meager was the best in camp.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Did not most posters on this website believe that Meager was the better QB during spring practice ? I believe so.

Speaking of the SBC , did you see the quote from Mack Brown that after all the Sun Belt teams turned Texas down for their 12th game next season,they were forced to go with Sam Houston State . I know , I know UNT was already on the scheldue.

If Vince Young returns in 2006, which I feel he will, that first game will be absolutely disastorous !!! We may Never recover from the ass whipping we take when this bunch checks it in the first quarter. I'm to the point now that if takes triple digit losses to get some heads out of the sand then let it happen. I'm sure LSU and UT will be glad to show us how miserably LOW this program has sunk!!! ANSWERS NOW__ NO MORE B.S. EXCUSES!!! I want to see that so called "open microphone" on Monday night if it ever has existed.

The reading is better than comedy central this morning. Thanks guys and gals!

The reference about the 100 - 0 blowouts at the hands of LSU and UT was classic. While I can't ever imagine that, I also never imagined flying 3500 miles to watch a 65-0 thumping that could have been 100 - 0 last year.

Good gosh we need to get Texas off the schedule. Maybe we can borrow a line from their series with Hawaii - we just can't afford to get the whole team, band, fans all that way.

Bring on Mary Hardin!

GMG