New Orleans Bowl ?

thew92

I often describe Lafayette as a little New Orleans without all of the unpleasantness of a big city.

The "downtown" area of Lafayette is similar to Boubon St. in that it's nice to walk through at night and see the people and visit the many bars and restaraunts there. It's a couple of blocks away from Cajun Field. They usually have a band playing and shut down the streets to traffic at night a' la' Bourbon St.

The "adult" establishments aren't there like at Bourbon. They are on the other side of town smile.gif

Lafayette won't be little for much longer. A week after Katrina, local realtors did 25 million dollars in business in 1 DAY.

Some estimate that the CITY'S population will grow by 40,000 when all is said and done.

The Lafayette "metroplex" which includes cities like New Iberia, Opelousas, and Abbeville is about the same size as the New Orleans Metroplex geographically.

We currently have a pop. somewhere around 500,000 in that area. Some of the many subdivisions going up in this area remind me of the ones around Houston.

Edited by CajunNation

I often describe Lafayette as a little New Orleans without all of the unpleasantness of a big city.

The "downtown" area of Lafayette is similar to Boubon St. in that it's nice to walk through at night and see the people and visit the many bars and restaraunts there.  It's a couple of blocks away from Cajun Field. They usually have a band playing and shut down the streets to traffic at night a' la' Bourbon St.

The "adult" establishments aren't there like at Bourbon. They are on the other side of town smile.gif

Lafayette won't be little for much longer. A week after Katrina, local realtors did 25 million dollars in business in 1 DAY.

Some estimate that the CITY'S population will grow by 40,000 when all is said and done.

The Lafayette "metroplex" which includes cities like New Iberia, Opelousas, and Abbeville is about the same size as the New Orleans Metroplex geographically.

We currently have a pop. somewhere around 500,000 in that area.  Some of the many subdivisions going up in this area remind me of the ones around Houston.

I've mentioned before that the downtown area where they have "Downtown Alive" would be a great place for the night before the game to party and just relax. Live music, eats, drinks, and as Cajun Nation said; without all the unpleasantness of New Orleans. Regardless of who is playing, I'd consider a trip back to Lafayette for the bowl game.