J-MO redshirt...

greensteve

Not spreading a rumor...but could it be possible that if J-Mo continues to have issue with his hammy, that he could possible redshirt a year? He has not participated enough in the first 2 games to exclude him from that list. I'm not jumping the shark hear, just stating that this could be an option for us and him. We have PC, we know how good he is....we could redshirt J-Mo and still have 3 more years of his services. Any thoughts....

Not spreading a rumor...but could it be possible that if J-Mo continues to have issue with his hammy, that he could possible redshirt a year?   He has not participated enough in the first 2 games to exclude him from that list.  I'm not jumping the shark hear, just stating that this could be an option for us and him.  We have PC, we know how good he is....we could redshirt J-Mo and still have 3 more years of his services.   Any thoughts....

Nope. No offense to Sir Cobbs but JaMario is our past, present, and future. He needs to be in the games building up his muscles and getting ready for next year. Pretty much every football player on the team is probably nursing some type of sore body part right about now - it is a tough and brutal game... that is why we love it. We would give anything to have a QB with proven experience right now - we need to be getting ready for next year and redshirting JaMario would just piss him off.

Edited by stebo

JT has been nursing the hammy since early last year (Baylor), not sure what it will take to get him healed, I stated in another post with ham string issues, you can look at Ken Griffey Jr, who has never been the same since he tore his hammy. although JT is no where near that serious it is definantly an issue.

JT has been nursing the hammy since early last year (Baylor), not sure what it will take to get him healed, I stated in another post with ham string issues, you can look at Ken Griffey Jr, who has never been the same since he tore his hammy. although JT is no where near that serious it is definantly an issue.

best as i can tell, you're talking about two seperate injuries. The one from last fall was healed by the time spring practice rolled around, and certainly by two-a-days. This current hamstring injury came early in camp when he was tackled from behind by Cliff Higgs after a long run down the right sideline at about the ten yard line. Higgs banged up his knee and Jamario came up clutching his hamstring.

That might be lingering, but, as Coach Dickey said, it is not preventing him from playing. If anything, he might be a step slower, but a step slower for him still makes him several steps faster than most defenders.