DICKEY isn't that good

tonyhuntoon

What pisses me off, among other things, is that some of this program's biggest supporters and donators left this game early becuase of that embarassment, and dd and his staff doesnt give a rat's ass.  mad.gif

Oh, he cares dry.gif But, with no resources and no support and fans that don't love you no matter what and blah blah blah, how can he even hope to try and compete with the big bad programs like Tulsa! dry.gif

Lots of people have said the same thing over the years, but as long as he keeps winning the SBC, there is absolutely no way we're getting rid of him.

Even if we win the Belt, which I'm not feeling confident about after the first two games with the new quarterback, I feel like this is the year the Mean Green faithful start to ho-hum winning the conference. Perhaps it is fitting that we're playing for the right to go to the Lafayette Bowl this year.

I'm not ready to bail on Dickey, but this 52-point loss to Tulsa just puts an exclamation point on UNT's inability to win out of conference.

Whats sad is.... We got beat by a school the size of Midwestern State in Wichita Falls.

I think Tulsa is actually smaller than Midwestern. sad.gif IMO, the defense gave up because they knew they were going to get absolutely no help from the offense plus the fact that they were tired from being on the field for way too long. In every OOC game, I just dont get the vibe from DD that he expects to win and I think that vibe trickles down to the players.

Dickey HAS taken us to the next level. I don't know how long you have been following this team, but did you see where it was before ol' DD took over?

Try since 1983 pup. As far as I can see, the Sunbelt is barely better than the Southland was in 1983. In fact several of those teams are doing MUCH better than we are now. Go figure.

We have won the SUNBELT now for how many years???? The next step is being COMPETITIVE in OCC teams. I don't see it happening. KState is going to rip this team. LSU is going to post 60, trust me on that. LaTech will pop another 40, and then we will win the SUNBELT again and get trounced in the NO Bowl. Please. If you want to accept this scenario EVERY SINGLE FREAKING Year then go ahead. As for me I don't. I would love to see progress. I haven't seen progress in what 5 years? Hell, at least Corky Nelson (coach in '83) could compete in OCC games against the powerhouse teams. Even popped a few WINS! Something that DD can't do.

I loved the way Kragthorpe called this game. He continued to run the score up. He has the KILLER INSTINCT. I don't think DD has that attitude. We need somebody that not only wants to beat teams, but he wants to crush them. Until we do you will get this every year.

Edited by tonyhuntoon

Try since 1983 pup. As far as I can see, the Sunbelt is barely better than the Southland was in 1983. In fact several of those teams are doing MUCH better than we are now. Go figure.

We have won the SUNBELT now for how many years???? The next step is being COMPETITIVE in OCC teams. I don't see it happening. KState is going to rip this team. LSU is going to post 60, trust me on that. LaTech will pop another 40, and then we will win the SUNBELT again and get trounced in the NO Bowl. Please. If you want to accept this scenario EVERY SINGLE FREAKING Year then go ahead. As for me I don't. I would love to see progress. I haven't seen progress in what 5 years? Hell, at least Corky Nelson (coach in '83) could compete in OCC games against the powerhouse teams. Even popped a few WINS! Something that DD can't do.

I loved the way Kragthorpe called this game. He continued to run the score up. He has the KILLER INSTINCT. I don't think DD has that attitude. We need somebody that not only wants to beat teams, but he wants to crush them. Until we do you will get this every year.

You can bet that SMU is salivating at the thought of playing this team in Denton next year!! This Ho-Hum OOC attitude will give them just the momentem that they need to push us right back to the SLC where most of the faculty and Denton old nestors wanted us to be in the first place!

I'd just like to see a gameplan that can be recognized as tailored to take advantage of the the opponents weaknesses. Flanigan is not the problem here guys and gals. We run the EXACT same offensive gameplan from week to week, season to season...and have done this since DD got here. If anything we've added a few more plays to the playbook since Flanigan was named OC. Basically we're going to come in to every game with the intention of running the ball. When that's not working, we throw a deep ball off play-action to loosen up the D. If that doesn't work, then it's over. For a few years there (01-03--the Booger/DeLoach years) we had a D that could turn a game for us. Now that we have no D, we're pretty easy to coach against.

The sad thing about last night was that our running game was stuffed with basically only 9 guys on the field. Tulsa lined their FS up 20 yards off the line of scrimmage and manned up on JQ, effectively double covering our deep play-action threat so the front 9 didn't really have to worry about anything but run stuffing and getting to the QB.

Dickey can say all the crap he wants to about nobody believing in the team, but it's really him and the coaching staff that are shortchanging the players. What kind of a coach instills a mentality in his team that they just can't compete with any team outside the SBC? By constantly saying how it's going to be difficult to compete with these teams (Tulsa), isn't he really saying to his own team that, hey, you guys can't beat anyone except SBC teams?