Where Ya Comin' From

Eagle-96

Coming by myself, from Sugar Land; unfortunately my wife is under the weather.

I was going hitch a ride with my friends (also from Sugar Land) whose son is a student, but no matter what event they go to they arrive just as it starts and leave immediately when it ends. So I'm driving myself, and hope to be able to get there around 3 and help the Greenbackers tailgate party however I can. I'm looking forward to putting faces to names.

A positive note - my friends' son is a 5th year accounting student, and was one of those upset last year when the finals schedule was changed (He had gone to the 2003 bowl, so it's not like he hates athletics). Apparently he has "gotten over it", and is looking forward to the game. Hopefully he's representative of most students.

I flew in from Maryland yesterday and stopped by Fouts for a looksy- the field is awesome! I walked on the field and I love the feel of the "grass".

I also meet Gabe Fitzpatrick, the UNT Ticket office Manager, who seems like a pretty cool guy. Everyone in the office was very enthused about the game and I get the impression the game's attendance should be pretty decent.

Well, I'm off for some Stuffed Pizza @ The Tomato (Flying Tomato for us older alums!)- my second reason for my visit!

Two of us are driving down from Tulsa to root for the Golden Hurricane!

(But we're nice guys, we won't rub it in.)  biggrin.gif

What you wanna do on Saturday is exit at North Texas Blvd. Turn left at the bridge and then turn left again onto the access road. Merge onto I-35 North until you get back to Tulsa.

biggrin.gif