Will we be ranked top 25

MeanGreenNation

Just kidding smile.gif With all the crazy topis lately I had to post one of my own.

And according to some who (apparently) are our judges and juries out there, we're all idiots over here at GMG.com. blink.gif I know what my definition of idiot is and a whole bunch of tongue n' cheek posts over here does not an idiot make. People who take themselves way too serious with NT Athletics, ie, the toy department of all our department stores of something we call life, may be posturing themselves for something close to idiocy, although that still may be too strong a word.

IMHO, GoMeanGreen.com is suppposed to be both an info board (for all of us information freaks and if you are reading this post you are probably part of this fraternity) and GMG.com should even be considerred a fun board. We are like a sports bar here at GMG.com. with mucho unadulterated lagniape and tongue and cheek. Anyone ever listen to KCTK 1310 "The Ticket?" They are like a sports bar talking about everything from a women's endowment to some (real) idiot over there who cannot understand or accept that we are no longer NTSU. biggrin.gif Anyone who takes a collegiate smack board any other way may be the one lacking in the common sense department, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them an idiot. unsure.gif That's the level that I think other boards have guttered down to.

But to answer your question you posted in jest (for all us court jestors out here) we get ranked in the Top 25 when we beat some Top 25 thru Top 50 competition consistently and winning OUR bowl game also helps; but then again, I'm sure I'm telling you something you didn't already know. One of the constant threads you will see with all Top 25 programs are they are well-funded and that because of their alumnus base fundraising groups, ie, for us--the Mean Green Club.

Top 25 schools usually have big time football stadiums and ancillery facilities related to football. But I really think the things that will help NORTH TEXAS get to Top 25 status has much to do with 3 particular phrases I often see on this board:

JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB

BUY SEASON TICKETS &

BUILD IT!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

To get in the top 25 would take a whole season. 10-1 (loss to LSU) would give us 20-25 status IF we win the Bowl after that then perhaps 18-25 possible.

If we lose to K-State there will be no way to crack the top 25 unless K-state wins Big 12 North.

IF we went 11-1 with a win in the bowl game, we still wouldn't be ranked in the top 25. We would get votes but not enough to be ranked. We play in the worst conference in the country and our strength of schedule is a joke because of it.

IF we went 11-1 with a win in the bowl game, we still wouldn't be ranked in the top 25. We would get votes but not enough to be ranked. We play in the worst conference in the country and our strength of schedule is a joke because of it.

not necessarily, before memphis game in 2003 we recieved a few top 25 votes and we were what 7-3, 8-3? I think 11-1 puts in the top 25. Thats about it

not necessarily, before memphis game in 2003 we recieved a few top 25 votes and we were what 7-3, 8-3? I think 11-1 puts in the top 25. Thats about it

We were 9-3 with losses to OU, Air Force, and Arkansas and a blow out win over Baylor.

You need around 175-200 points to be ranked at 25. You get 25 points for a first place vote down to 1 point for a 25th place vote. Do you think 175-200 people are gonna vote us as 25th place? Neither do I.

We were 9-3 with losses to OU, Air Force, and Arkansas and a blow out win over Baylor.

You need around 175-200 points to be ranked at 25. You get 25 points for a first place vote down to 1 point for a 25th place vote. Do you think 175-200 people are gonna vote us as 25th place? Neither do I.

It depends on the scores in the game. Let's say we lose a close game to LSU and they go on to win the national championship. That would help. Let's say we play a solid CUSA team in our bowl game and we massacre them by 30-40 points. That would help to. I don't think we can just look at 11-1 and say that would or would not be enough to put us in the Top 25. The voters will look at the games one at a time.

Edited by MootPoint

I have coined some never before heard sports phrases.

-Forget about top 25 talk, let's "take one game at a time"

-We need to "focus on Tulsa"

-We need to "take care of business" on Saturday

This North Texas team is young and unproven in my book. Say what you will, but we were fortunate to come out of the 'boro with a win. Did our young D step up to the plate? Yes, but we must get a better push from the DL and do a better job of stopping the run. Remember, MUTS was not considered a runnin team.

What I want is to avoid laying an egg like we did against UNLV a few years ago who, up to our game with them, hadn't won a game in two years!