Sun Belt All-Time

Why does Rashod Smith, RB from FIU make the list? Ok, so he had more than 1,000 yards in one season. But did he win the NCAA rushing title? hm? ph34r.gif

Such a list with anyone from FIU on it is about as legitimate as a $3 bill. Like how long they been in the freakin' Sun Belt now?

If I were Coach DD, I'd start putting together a "It's us vs the SBC" theme on the bulletin board this Fall and you can start with a young NT team having to play its first SBC game "on the road " as the 2'nd game of the season. Sure, I know MT has to play it, too, but they do get it at home. Anyone remember when we had to got to the 'Boro 2 years in a row? Now also add SUMG's find that Coach Howie "Smellin'burger's FAU has 7 TV games to our, uh, 4? What'st next? mad.gif These kind of things should be pointed out to our team (not that they really need it); because it may make some of them want to do a little "extra" slobber-knockin'" when they play any SBC team.

On the other side of the coin, folks, the SBC is progressing with one school (TU) having a (basically) new stadium and another (FAU) with plans for a domed stadium or now even a shared stadium with an NFL team what I read on some other board. How do we keep up with the change$? $$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The composite TV schedule is on that second link that you gave.

I find it really strange that FAU has about 7 TV appearances to our 4.

Not that I agree with it, but I think the SBC is trying to "spread" the SBC name on the airwaves with teams like FAU(Howard Snellenbergerbergergerger ph34r.gif ).

For there to be an All-Time SBC Team.....that team should only encompass the years that the league has been in existence (the last 4).

To make up a team of players, most of whom didn't even compete against SBC teams when they played....is ridiculous.

Edited by SUMG

Not that I agree with it, but I think the SBC is trying to "spread" the SBC name on the airwaves with teams like FAU(Howard Snellenbergerbergergerger ph34r.gif ).

If FAU is all of the sudden the league "darling".....it would seem to me that if you're gonna televise a bunch of FAU games....our game, against them in Miami.......would be one of them.

If FAU is all of the sudden the league "darling".....it would seem to me that if you're gonna televise a bunch of FAU games....our game, against them in Miami.......would be one of them.

Howard Smellin'burger showed what he was about as OU's short-term coach (liquor breath and all); hellsbells, he looks like an alchie' or a wine-o in the Mogen David choir on Fort Worth's downtown Jones Street.

Is Wright Waters being swayed by ol' Howie here?!?!? rolleyes.gif Have we lost our luster with Wright ol' boy?

This really makes for good bulletin board material in my mind's eye. It's NT vs the SBC now! cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The composite TV schedule is on that second link that you gave.

I find it really strange that FAU has about 7 TV appearances to our 4.

THANK YOU...that's what I have been saying all along!!!

It does seem strange that the 4-peat Conference Champ has less TV games than some others, especially considering that we are in a pretty decent market. I mean, I do like that we have added a school like FAU, as they are in a good location and most likely will develop into a good Div 1-A program. But, they seem to be stealing some of our glory...those young whipper-snappers! mad.gif

It seems that Troy and FAU hit the jackpot for TV games this year, as they have more TV games than us. Troy has 4 total ESPNU games, not including their ESPN2 game with us. FAU has an ouright ESPN game versus OkSt. I am glad we have some ESPN + games, but it is not for sure that I will be able to get these in NC, whereas I think I can get all of the ESPNU games. We don't have ONE ESPNU game. Don't get me wrong...I would rather have an ESPN2 game anyday, but still...

What's the deal with this????? ph34r.gif

Edited by NCMeanGreen

For there to be an All-Time SBC Team.....that team should only encompass the years that the league has been in existence (the last 4).

To make up a team of players, most of whom didn't even compete against SBC teams when they played....is ridiculous.

Completely agree. This list is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I want the 2-3 minutes of my life, that it took to read that rubbish, back....

My how our little conference has grown - check out all the freaking TV games.

2005 Sun Belt Television Schedule

Date Game

Network/Time

Sept. 1 N.W. State (LA) at Louisiana-Monroe CST/TBA

Sept. 3 UL Lafayette at Texas FSN/6:00 p.m.

Sept. 3 Florida Atlantic at Kansas ESPN Regional/6:00 p.m.

Sept. 3 Middle Tennessee at Alabama (tape delay) CST/TBA

Sept. 3 North Texas at LSU (tape delay) CST/TBA

Sept. 8 Oklahoma State at Florida Atlantic ESPN/6:30 p.m.

Sept. 10 North Texas at Middle Tennessee ESPN+Plus/6:00 p.m.

Sept. 17 Florida Atlantic at Minnesota ESPN Regional/TBA

Sept. 22 Louisiana-Monroe at Florida Atlantic ESPNU/6:30 p.m.

Sept. 24 Florida International at Arkansas State ESPN+Plus/2:30 p.m.

Oct. 1 Florida Atlantic at Louisville TBA/TBA

Oct. 4 Troy at North Texas ESPN2/6:30 p.m.

Oct. 6 Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Lafayette ESPN+Plus/6:30 p.m.

Oct. 13 Louisiana-Lafayette at Arkansas State ESPN+Plus/6:00 p.m.

Oct. 15 Troy at Louisiana-Monroe ESPNU/2:30 p.m.

Oct. 20 Florida International at Troy ESPNU/6:30 p.m.

Oct. 22 Florida Atlantic at Arkansas State ESPN Regional/TBA

Nov. 5 Louisiana-Lafayette at North Texas ESPN+Plus/6:00 p.m.

Nov. 5 Florida Atlantic at Troy ESPN Regional/TBA

Nov. 12 Florida International at UL Lafayette CSS/TBA

Nov. 12 Troy at Arkansas State ESPNU/6:00 p.m.

Nov. 19 Louisiana-Lafayette at Louisiana-Monroe ESPN+Plus/6:00 p.m.

Nov. 19 Arkansas State at Army ESPNU

Nov. 26 Middle Tennessee at Troy ESPNU/6:00 p.m.

Schedule subject to change

All times central

CSS – Comcast Charter Sports Southeast

CST – Cox Sports Television

FSN - Fox Sports Net

Edited by stebo

Not only do we only get 4 games in this package....one of our games is tape delayed (LSU). Since that's a night game.....you can count on that game not being shown probably until 10 p.m. or later (after the game is over).