What is the Greatest Change During Dr Pohls Tenure

Eagle-96

Man, that's a tough one. Had to agree with eppy4life in voting for the Engineering School. Accredited schools and colleges make NT look even better academically. It also makes us competitive with TAMU and UT in terms of the wide range of programs that we offer.

I do have to say that the Rec Center is probably pretty far up there as well. I worked in Housing for about a year, and honestly, you wouldn't believe the number of students who were attracted to NT because of the Rec Center. Usually, that's not the first reason they looked at us, but the Rec Center helped seal the deal.

At the Spring AD meeting, RV stated that the Liberty Christian purchase was the single most important purchase in the schools history and has made everything else we have done, as far as athletics is concerned, possible. We saved an amazing amount of money for the school by purchasing the campus. I don't remember the exact figure, but the total savings is in the millions.

I'll say Eagle Point, and Liberty Christian is a part of that. We were about a month away from starting work on making the Warehouse next to Fouts our new Athletic Department Complex and renovating Fouts to stay there forever. Then the Radisson call came and asked NT/Dr. Pohl if they wanted to purchase the lease back on the golf course. We did, and Dr. Pohl helped develop the major Athletic plans for it, made the Denia neighborhood accept it, and the rest is on it's way up! biggrin.gif

Edited by NT80

I'll say Eagle Point, and maybe Liberty Christian is a part of that.  We were about a month away from starting work on making the Warehouse next to Fouts our new Athletic Department Complex and renovating Fouts to stay there forever.  Then the Radisson call came and asked NT is they wanted to purchase the lease back on the golf course.  We did, and developed major Athletic plans for it, made the Denia neighborhood mad, and the rest is on it's way up!  biggrin.gif

I had forgotten about the warehouse. I remember thinking, at the time, that it would make a great athletic center. In retrospect the warehouse would have been a 40 year old Stuckey's in rural Alabama compared to the Taj Majal that the new AC is. That would have been a huge mistake.

I could not agree more. It restored a sense of pride in being from North Texas in that he always made you feel the best was yet to come. I'm sorry but I just don't have that feeling today. It is a very sad day for North Texas.

Need to include School Pride and All of the Above in the poll.

I'll check All of the Above.