How Many of You Plan On Giving To The Mean Green

Very well stated SUMG - We have to build our MGC numbers. It's time to raise the bar. The thing about it - it's a good deal. You get parking and access to the deck (cold beer) and other perks. I realize that not everyone is in a position to give but I encourage those that can to give it a try. You don't have to break the bank and it really makes a difference. They have several payment options and you can spread it out over a year and minimize the impact to your wallet.

If one of you linksters could link from the official athletic page "The Mean Green Club" page it will show that there is a donor level less than $250 as previously stated. Thanks in advance to you who puts this most important Mean Green Club link on this thread.

Harry, someone told me recently they were hacked off at someone at NT and would not give to the Mean Green Club because of that. I told our fellow alum that 5 years from now that NT employee may have a much higher profile BCS job and might look back and laugh at what our MG Club membership numbers were while he (she) was in Denton, Texas, back in 2005. Who wins then fellow alums/fans? Who is getting the last laugh with that scenario? wink.gif OK I know, that should not be the motivation or reason to give to our athletic department's scholarship fund for our men and women student athletes because our monetary donations should transcend any petty personal likes or dislikes----agree?

Was told today by an athletic department official, that they have had quite a few new people join the Mean Green Club in the past few months. They think that if most all the people who were members last year RENEW......and that we get some more new members from this point on....that we will easily set an all-time high for Mean Green Club members.

That's very encouraging news.

If YOU haven't joined.....whatcha waitin' for????

Done. 

I got my season tickets, Mean Green Club membership, away tickets to LSU and MTSU and the F5's Junior Mean Green Club membership ordered.

Are there any bus trips planned?

Rick

You've definitely done your part, mi amigo.

Note within a post: Hopefully you'll get those bracelets soon...I mailed them on Tuesday I think.

Renewed my MGC membership for the second year and ordered season tickets for the third. Upped to three tickets since we have a new alumna in the family. Haven't ordered LaTech tickets as yet, but they're next on my list.

GMG!

This is my second year in the MGC and I believe it was well worth it last year. Ofcourse, in itself it is worth it to support the athletic dept. I didn't see too many benefits from being in the president's council. But I live in Houston, so it is not so easy to just drop by for any special events.

I got my parents involved last year, so I have upped my season tickets from 2 to 4. No plans for away games yet.

This is my second year in the MGC and I believe it was well worth it last year.  Ofcourse, in itself it is worth it to support the athletic dept.  I didn't see too many benefits from being in the president's council.  But I live in Houston, so it is not so easy to just drop by for any special events. 

I got my parents involved last year, so I have upped my season tickets from 2 to 4.  No plans for away games yet.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts about the MG Club, FFJ...

FFJ, we have many on this message board who have been in the MG Club much longer than myself and it would be nice to hear from them on this thread.

My new take on giving to our alma mater's athletic scholarship fund is that if we take care of all men and women's scholarships (and what more worthy project than that), then there is whole bunch of money available to do most every one of each of our pet project marketing ideas that I've read on this board the last 4 years. Honestly, I don't think NT Athletics or Rick V is ignoring us with these ideas, but rather they just don't have the money in the athletic department budget to do hardly any of them.

Also, FFJ, great to know we have many down in Houston who love NT & the MEAN GREEN to the extent that they've invested (just like you) on behalf of the Mean Green cause.

This is my second year in the MGC and I believe it was well worth it last year.  Ofcourse, in itself it is worth it to support the athletic dept.  I didn't see too many benefits from being in the president's council.  But I live in Houston, so it is not so easy to just drop by for any special events. 

I got my parents involved last year, so I have upped my season tickets from 2 to 4.  No plans for away games yet.

FFJ...I like you, live out of town and am unable to participate in many of The President's Council events.

But, that being said....it doesn't cost any extra (once you give $1000 or more to the MGC), so you might as well be in both.

Also today......out of the blue.....my mailman had a package for me. It was a nice plate and stand.....from the President's Council. It was a metallic plate with a picture of the Admin. Bldg. and an Eagle in flight. It's very nice.....and on the base, it has my name and the words President's Council.

So....that was a nice (and unexpected) keepsake that came today from the President's Council.

Edited by SUMG

Done. 

I got my season tickets, Mean Green Club membership, away tickets to LSU and MTSU and the F5's Junior Mean Green Club membership ordered.

Are there any bus trips planned?

Rick

We do have a nice base of Mean Green fans out here in the former Commanche/Kiowa Country better known as Parker County, Texas, and that's for darn sure. Start at the top of that list with Jerry's Cheverlet's own Jerry Durant (we will forgive his son for going purple and white on us, though).

Dallas Green supports NT Exes by buying most all his automobiles from Weatherford's own and NT grad Jerry Durant. I will soon be looking to do the same.

But way to go fellow Parker County-ite and one of our very best fans of all time----- The FireFightin'Rick McKinney! You know, its not easy for you all with young kids to do this all the time but you who do join have all the admiration from the rest of us older nestors.

Go Parker County Mean Greeners! laugh.gif (Anymore from Parker County want to jump on the the MG Club bandwagon--if so, let us know by posting your intentions and helping this thread to build some continued momentum). smile.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Join the Mean Green Club simply because it's the right thing to do.

Join at some level. If it's not at $250. ($21. per month) join at a level you're comfortable with. Just get in the habit of supporting NT with your wallet.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

I joined the Mean Green Club again this year and gave a little money over a three year period to the stadium fund. I realize that contributions by folks like me cannot build a new stadium but maybe it can help finance an extra thing or two for it.

The Millers have already sent in their season ticket application and the annual donation for the MGC. We can't wait for the season to begin!

We also have two nephews in California and we plan to sign them up for the Junior Mean Green Club when we can figure out how to do that. They are 4 and 2. It's never too early to start thinking GREEN!

Go Green!

Arlington Mean Green

Also today......out of the blue.....my mailman had a package for me. It was a nice plate and stand.....from the President's Council. It was a metallic plate with a picture of the Admin. Bldg. and an Eagle in flight. It's very nice.....and  on the base, it has my name and the words President's Council.

So....that was a nice (and unexpected) keepsake that came today from the President's Council.

SUMG the plate is made of pewter & probably stamped "hand made in USA Wendell August Forge". A nice desk piece! biggrin.gif

Edited by MeanGreen61

We also have two nephews in California and we plan to sign them up for the Junior Mean Green Club when we can figure out how to do that. They are 4 and 2. It's never too early to start thinking GREEN!

Go Green!

Arlington Mean Green

Gabe Kirkpatrick at the Ticket Office can sign you up for this or can send the info to you.

Rick

In for season tix and my MGC membership again.

Even better, I got 2 buddies to join for the first time this year and my father in law (3 new MGC members, 8 new season tix)!

8 season tickets?!?! Super!

If 1,000 new season ticket buyers came from the almost 1,700 registered on GoMeanGreen.com with each buying 4 season tickets, that would be around 4,000 additional season tickets to add to whatever last year's totals were. Anyone know how many season tickets we sold in 2004?

On another note, just read on the CUSAbbs board that UTEP's Miner Athletic Club now has 1,600 members and they have a goal of selling 15,000 season tickets.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

We just bought our season tickets last week... been saving up for months for this one. We even convinced one of our buddies (still a UNT student) to get season tickets with us..... 3 new season ticket holders. smile.gif

I can't wait for football season!

We just bought our season tickets last week... been saving up for months for this one. We even convinced one of our buddies (still a UNT student) to get season tickets with us..... 3 new season ticket holders. smile.gif

I can't wait for football season!

And I can remember when one our our most comedic and humorous posters ever on GMG.com was an NT student and joined the Mean Green Club while a student.

The UNT student friend of yalls, untgirl04, who bought a 2005 NT football season ticket just to be able to sit with you guys deserves some special kind of commendation.

Harry/Cerebus, any ideas? rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I bought season tickets the past 2 years, this year, we bought the family 4 pack for our 3yr old daughter and 7 month old to go with us and be counted as attending. We get a free pizza at every game, and the daughter is in the Junior MGC again for the second year. She liked meeting Scrappy. Still trying to convince the wife to do the MGC for us, but I think she's breaking down. Hopefully this year if not next year.

GMG!!!