CFN has Tulsa winning 4 games this year

emmitt01

Good Gawd! sad.gif

We need to "build it" just so we can remove ourselves forever from this kind of unadulterated "no-respect" bullshit, folks.

Florida State is still the model I feel NT should emulate because they eventually came to a point in their program as to where such goofy-arsed things like the media is dishing out to us with this Tulsa insult stopped forever starting back in the mid 1970's. . And FSU did this when Bobby Bowden raised the Seminoles out of their Indian grave-yard and above those who used to never schedule them.

We have to extend our football program way beyond the Tulsa's, the SMU's, the UH's, the Rices, the UTEP's and the Tulanes. We need to build this thing to where those schools will only be able to reminisce back to the days when they could compete with the University of North Texas.

Money and attendance is holding us back for now. Who is it that will tackle those 2 problems now and solve them once and for all?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Good Gawd! sad.gif

We need to "build it" just so we can remove ourselves forever from this kind of unadulterated "no-respect" bullshit, folks. 

Florida State is still the model I feel NT should emulate because they eventually came to a point in their program as to where such goofy-arsed things like the media is dishing out to us with this Tulsa insult stopped forever starting back in the mid 1970's. .   And FSU did this when Bobby Bowden raised the Seminoles out of their Indian grave-yard and above those who used to never schedule them.  

We have to extend our football program way beyond the Tulsa's, the SMU's, the UH's, the Rices, the UTEP's and the Tulanes.   We need to build this thing to where those schools will only be able to reminisce back to the days when they could compete with the University of North Texas. 

Money and attendance is holding us back for now.  Who is it that will tackle those 2 problems now and solve them once and for all?

We can't exactly emulate teams like Kansas State or Florida State because we don't have conference money pumped into our coffers eevry year. We can emulate teams like Boise State, Marshall, and even Louisville/Southern Miss.... slow and steady; but aggresive. There is always going to be some team like Baylor or Vandy that gets $18 million bucks in conference money a year just for football alone - which is more then our entire budget for all of our programs. Trying to keep up with those guys will just make us chase our tails and get frustrated. I like our approach. If you read the comments on the CUSA BBS, it will show you how much nationjal respect we have gained over the last four years by winning the games that we need to win and going to bowl games (along with following through with some facility improvements)...

Edited by stebo

We can't exactly emulate teams like Kansas State or Florida State because we don't have conference money pumped into our coffers eevry year. We can emulate teams like Boise State, Marshall, and even Louisville/Southern Miss.... slow and steady; but aggresive. There is always going to be some team like Baylor or Vandy that gets $18 million bucks in conference money a year just for football alone - which is more then our entire budget for all of our programs. Trying to keep up with those guys will just make us chase our tails and get frustrated. I like our approach. If you read the comments on the CUSA BBS, it will show you how much nationjal respect we have gained over the last four years by winning the games that we need to win and going to bowl games (along with following through with some facility improvements)...

Not talking about the Florida State U of today, but am talking about doing the things that allowed the Seminoles to get where they are today which included having major college football facilities, alums who give to their alma mater (instead of just giving free opinions) and buying season tickets non-stop. Until our NT community does all 3 we will be talking about "what could be" 25 years from today. Well, I take that back, some of you will be talking about "what could be" 25 years from today because most from my era and beyond will be close to 80 years in age to deceased.

Yet, stebo, I was talking about using the early- to-mid 1970's Florida State model back in the day when they were a major college independent and couldn't get the attention of schools from either of 2 conferences they were constantly rejected, ie, the SEC and the ACC. I think all eras of NT surely understand by now the rejection factor we have had to deal with with our own athletic program.

In closing on this subject (from my standpoint) I am only saying that NORTH TEXAS do exactly like the former major independent FSU did (in the 1970's) and raise our program above all who feel they can impeed our present momentum and ultimate long range success by black-balling us at every turn in conference re-alignment OR by not having the gonads to put us on their schedules on a regular basis; and doing this (apparently) because they are still living in their own long gone past days of glory that had more schools like UT and TAMU on their schedule menus. I think those days are gone forever for all of that group of ex Southwest Conference schools I am talking about here.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen